Barber Motorsports to expand muesum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent some time at the Barber museum a while back and now I have an even better reason to go back once the expansion is complete. Thanks for the info.

I highly recommend everyone on this forum check it out at least once. It really is our "Mecca." A must see for any motorcycle lover.

I was there for the 2010 AMA finals. As I'm walking around the museum who do I meet, none other than George Barber himself. Nicest Guy ever. I told him he's my hero and i want to be him when i grow up. He just smiled and started to back away, laughing. He probably gets told that 3 times a day by 2 wheel nut cases like me.

I just happened to have a few questions for him about the Britton he has, and the history of a few of the other bikes. He remembers just about everything about every car and bike there and their history, and why not, these are all his toys. I suppose if they were mine i would remember too. George has had a charmed life.

We should have a rally that meets there sometime. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Barber would meet with us if we asked.

Check out my avatar. One of my most prized pictures, George and me in front of his 1905 Sears.

I went there a couple years ago and you can walk around all day long in awe of what you're seeing.

It takes me back to childhood memories when all the kids were riding those small Hondas, Yamahas,Suzukis and others.

A byegone era. I really enjoyed that place and will definitely go back.

And only about half of the bike collection is on display, that is unfrickin beleiveable. Another 100,000 square feet will be a real treat.