Twin Cities Non-Tech Day Get Together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramps

Reaction score
Since most of us have our bikes stored for the Winter (I did almost take mine out over the last couple of days) it would be kind of difficult to do some kind of tech day.

So I propose we get together & discuss local ride plans for the upcoming year. There are a couple Forum rides (CFO, Ohio & Missouri/Arkansas) that we may want to talk

about too. I will provide refreshments (pop & beer), munchies & burgers or BBQ's. So please check your schedules & respond here so I can get a head count. I'm located in

Mendota Heights, and plan on starting at 4:00 so those who can ditch work early can try to avoid the full traffic rush...we'll stop whenever. Once I get a head count I'll

PM directions on how to get to my place. :)

List of attendees:

Joe (Joe2Lmaker)

Matt (carlson_mn)

Paul (mr.paul)

Mike (TripperMike)

Rick (rickcorwn)

Chris (Scoobyvroom)

Jim (Hershmeister)

Peter (Behmer)

Bill (bills3t)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there.

And, I'll bring this:

glenmorangie%2010%20years-500x500.jpg

If there is any left by then

Because I'm finishing this off tonight:

balvenie_dbl_12_yr_l__55821.png

Need anything else? How about BYOS (bring your own steak)?

Mendota Heights???? So all 17 inhabitants will welcome my sorry ass if I show up?

I see Joe is drinking that swill he calls Scotch tonight. I should take the time to oneday buy some good shit and sit a spell wif him.. :lol:

I'd like to swing over. Should be single digits temp by then if things get back to normal. I did commute to work on the 27th but bike is neatly tucked back into the deep corner of my 1 car garage. I'll bring a calender to break out look at riding dates for this year. Last year was tied with 2006(for a few reasons) as my best riding season but I want to make 2012 blow them away.

I'll bring this:

colt45blast1.jpg

Only question is... Grape or Raspberry Watermelon???

Mendota Heights???? So all 17 inhabitants will welcome my sorry ass if I show up?
If you show up Barry you don't have to worry about a room...I got one with your name on it. :)

Joe, those do look tasty!!

Have fun fellas!

Wish I could be there, but all is not lost...

Phil T. is coming down here that weekend for some FJR tank drilling frivolity. I suspect that we will be having some grilled items as well here in the great southern midwest.

I think we might also be doing some clandestine research for a certain fuel cell (Joe2L?) maker if I read the tea leaves correctly... :ph34r: :assassin:

Miss you guys, have a great time!

Shane

Hey Mark!

I am notoriously bad at remembering this stuff, but I already entered this date in my phone. Would love to revisit youz guyz and see whats up. Send me the directions and I'll see you and Joe and Matt there.

Haven't seen you since the track day last year at DCTC. I was there with Bill who was on his Buell Thundedrbolt. He did buy that 2005 FJR we were going to look at that day and is having a ball with it. I'll try and see if he has time to stop by on the 20th also. He was very interested in your 2005.

mr.paul

Have fun fellas!

Wish I could be there, but all is not lost...

Phil T. is coming down here that weekend for some FJR tank drilling frivolity. I suspect that we will be having some grilled items as well here in the great southern midwest.

I think we might also be doing some clandestine research for a certain fuel cell (Joe2L?) maker if I read the tea leaves correctly... :ph34r: :assassin:

Miss you guys, have a great time!

Shane
Wish you could make it Shane, hope to meet up this summer sometime.

Hey Mark!

I am notoriously bad at remembering this stuff, but I already entered this date in my phone. Would love to revisit youz guyz and see whats up. Send me the directions and I'll see you and Joe and Matt there.

Haven't seen you since the track day last year at DCTC. I was there with Bill who was on his Buell Thundedrbolt. He did buy that 2005 FJR we were going to look at that day and is having a ball with it. I'll try and see if he has time to stop by on the 20th also. He was very interested in your 2005.

mr.paul
Do mention it to Bill he is more than welcome to join us.

Count me in Marc, always great to meet up with ya'll.

Besides I just finished installing a new toilet today, so my quota of domestic duties for the year is almost complete. Can start thinking about bike trips again (as if I ever stopped).

Well had Tripper not filed his report I may have made this function....regardless the fact Joe might present his nasty mug..

however,

Nurse Ratchet and the staff have decided I shan't be amongst these esteemed folks as I still have nudity issues. :blink: I guess sendin' neckid pics to O bamah via the ionterweb ain't a good idea yet :(

however,

Nurse Ratchet and the staff have decided I shan't be amongst these esteemed folks as I still have nudity issues. :blink: I guess sendin' neckid pics to O bamah via the ionterweb ain't a good idea yet :(

Ya know Bust, your only a hop skip and a jump from here. You could sneak out the window, come and enjoy our 5 star company and be back by morning with Nurse Ratchet none the wiser....just a thought.

Count me in Marc, always great to meet up with ya'll.

Besides I just finished installing a new toilet today, so my quota of domestic duties for the year is almost complete. Can start thinking about bike trips again (as if I ever stopped).
Glad you can make it Mike.

Well had Tripper not filed his report I may have made this function....regardless the fact Joe might present his nasty mug..

however,

Maybe come over for a Spring ride...clothing always optional here. ;)

If ButtWheat ventures down into SE OHIO, he better have his knickers on.

Also, there is a limit on the number of Minnesotans that can attend those SE Ohio and Mo/Ar rides... :D

Also, there is a limit on the number of Minnesotans that can attend those SE Ohio and Mo/Ar rides... :D
Is it because we talk funny or that we live too close to Canada? :eek: ;)

Ya know you could grab the C/Karl's & Marty and come on up for a discussion on the subject. :D