April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the hell do you put up a poll?

Do I have to start a new thread? Can't do it in this one, once it has been started?
No idea... but I like April 14th... I could do the 21st as well. :D

P.S. Would be interested in doing an overnight maybe in Cambria as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the first post with relevant information. If you are interested in attending post up and I will add your names to the list. Not sure if the restaurant requires or takes reservations for a large group. Will need to inquire.

Thank God most restaurants don't need 3 months' notice on reservations. I'd never dine out again. But I like the idea of this ride and meet; it's a definite possibility. I wouldn't mind riding over Mt. Hamilton again to get there, or to get home from there, either. Sorry, Sam. I'll give you a better answer when I can commit. By the way, would overnighters be looking at dinner the night before? And one more thing: I looked at the hotel website in post #1--only $69 for a single queen/king room, $79 for two doubles.

Thank God most restaurants don't need 3 months' notice on reservations. I'd never dine out again. But I like the idea of this ride and meet; it's a definite possibility. I wouldn't mind riding over Mt. Hamilton again to get there, or to get home from there, either. Sorry, Sam. I'll give you a better answer when I can commit. By the way, would overnighters be looking at dinner the night before? And one more thing: I looked at the hotel website in post #1--only $69 for a single queen/king room, $79 for two doubles.
Overnighters would be looking at dinner the same night. Thanks for asking, I will post that clarification and the room rates. Nepenthe is a popular tourist destination, maybe not as popular as Ahwanee or the like, but I will put in a call to them and see when they would need to know for a reservation!

I am a maybe on this one. I'm thinking of camping. Any else interested in camping?
You mean outdoors...on the ground? :dribble:

Sam, put me in for strong maybe. Will firm things up before April 1.

I am a maybe on this one. I'm thinking of camping. Any else interested in camping?
Did you check for nearby campgrounds? I'd be looking at two nights, 'cuz I don't care to make it to Big Sur from here for lunch.

I'm not Old Michael, ya know. :D

(Well, not THAT Old Michael.)

Did you check for nearby campgrounds? I'd be looking at two nights, 'cuz I don't care to make it to Big Sur from here for lunch.

I'm not Old Michael, ya know. :D

(Well, not THAT Old Michael.)
Mike I haven't checked for campgrounds yet. I will only be there one night. I like to get up at o'dark thirty and start a ride.

Are we sharing a sleeping bag? Again?
No because the dutch oven you did on me almost killed me.
johnny80s, I promise to take Beano this time, I really do promise!

Products.jpg

I'm not sleeping with you. If you just want some action then I'm your man big boy. I bring Bluesman along so we can really have some fun. He likes it rough.
https://www.bigsurcamp.com/cabins.html Juan, how about a Cabin at Big Sur? That way we don't have to mess around with packing tents all the way from home!

Two types of cabins starting at $215 a night. If You, SacMike, Bluesy and Chuy split one it is only $53.75 apiece; just pack along sleeping bags/air mattresses!

https://www.bigsurcamp.com/tent-cabins.html They allow three people in a tent cabin and they are only $95 a night; $31.70 apiece.

I'm not sleeping with you. If you just want some action then I'm your man big boy. I bring Bluesman along so we can really have some fun. He likes it rough.
https://www.bigsurcamp.com/cabins.html Juan, how about a Tent Cabin at Big Sur? That way we don't have to mess around with packing tents all the way from home!

Two types of tent cabins starting at $215 a night. If You, SacMike, Bluesy and Chuy split one it is only $53.75 apiece; just pack along sleeping bags/air mattresses!
I was hoping to split a a cheap campsite 4 ways. I am on a budget. Daddy needs some new concrete.

why would you spend $54 each on that when you can split a hotel room $40 each????

How much less can it be to sleep on the ground.

R