April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, I would not have been looking for this thread! But thanks for the warm welcome...looking forward to meeting everyone!!
Okay, Don... I was mistaken... she's here... so have your way with her... so to speak!! :lol:

Welcome Cris and Bill. They are friends of Tyler's and any friend of Tyler's is a friend of ours.

They will be joining us on our Big Sur ride. They are riding Beemers. Cris is on a K1200GT and Bill is on a GSA!
Willkommen! Wie geht's dir? Gruss Gott, BeemerDonS
They're not on the forum, Don, honey... so you'll have to babble at them in person! ;)
Scheisse!

Indeed, I would not have been looking for this thread! But thanks for the warm welcome...looking forward to meeting everyone!!
I will state this in English, so Ty can follow along! Welcome Cris and Bill, looking forward to meeting you and riding with you two. It will be such a pleasure to socialize with respectable and genteel BMW Rider/Owners; instead of these sake swilling, Banzai flag waving and utterly disgusting FJR infidels! I will be riding "Gisele", my 2012 BMW K1600GT, to the Big Sur Inn. I bring along a tow rope so when these rice grinders crack their blocks, have electrical spider failures and their many other shortcomings I can tow them to safety and repairs!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=141814&st=0 Here is some food for thought Cris und Bill, we are returning to der Vaterland in August; und there is still room for two more riders - Jawohl, if you cared to join us. On Tuesday, August 7 we have a Guided Tour scheduled for the BMW Plant in the morning and the BMW Museum in the afternoon. I had to lie to Hans und Dieter in Berlin when I booked this, I told them our entire group were AZ Beemers BMW MOA Club #89 Members. The sad truth is that six of der Folken are "Rising Sun" Riders; Oh The Shame (worse, they are even Canuckistanis!). I actually will be touring BMW Headquarters Berlin and BMW Motorrad Plant Berlin on Friday, August 3.

https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/allTours/true/cont/eur/alps-extreme.html Here is all of the information on the AZ Beemers / FJR Forum Alps and Dolomites Tour and the actual dates are August 8 through 15, 2012.

I negotiated an 8% discount with Edelweiss Bike Tours Owners Werner und Coral Wachter, and EBT Tours Director Rainer Buck. So take 8% off any price on the Alps Extreme website, since this is a "Custom Tour" if there is ein Motorrad you want to ride that is not listed, then Herr Wachter und Herr Buck will obtain it for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also posted in Clan Gathering thread: I saw the orthopedist again on Monday to view and review the MRI. Apparently, I have three meniscus tears in my left knee. Two are sort of "average" but the third is, apparently, a doozy. I see the surgeon tomorrow. Right now it seems more of a question of when, rather than if, they will have to scope the knee and then how long the recovery period will be (it depends, in part, if they go in one or two or three places) and whether they remove and/or repair the various damaged sections. I would guess that several folks here have had similar procedures and I am told by others who have that it is neither all that debilitating nor painful. I hope the drugs are good. So, at this point, my schedule remains unsettled.

Also posted in Clan Gathering thread: I saw the orthopedist again on Monday to view and review the MRI. Apparently, I have three meniscus tears in my left knee. Two are sort of "average" but the third is, apparently, a doozy. I see the surgeon tomorrow. Right now it seems more of a question of when, rather than if, they will have to scope the knee and then how long the recovery period will be (it depends, in part, if they go in one or two or three places) and whether they remove and/or repair the various damaged sections. I would guess that several folks here have had similar procedures and I am told by others who have that it is neither all that debilitating nor painful. I hope the drugs are good. So, at this point, my schedule remains unsettled.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthroscopy Brother Joseph, I have had Arthroscopic Surgery done on my knees and it was easy/successful. I had hurt my knees playing High School and Junior College football, but it was my 1970 Harley-Davidson XLCH that completely ruined my knees; Fairbanks-Morse Magneto. I waited until 1990 to have them "scoped", because I had heard all of the horror stories about the "cut-you-open" surgeries! Painless and I was walking around in a month; running in two months!

large.jpg

Muchas gracias for the encouragement, Don Don.

I am now wait-listed for the 'scope. They tell me roughly six weeks (sooner if there is a cancellation) until the procedure with 4-8 weeks of recovery time depending on what they find and how things go. It does not seem likely that I will make this ride unless the entire schedule slips until after 14 April.

I believe he already has a meeting spot set with Don and Lanny.....

R
Hello Pegscraper Ed, I am meeting up with Goombah, Lanny and Coldcut on the morning of Saturday, April 14 up in Santa Barbara at approximately 0730.

But I would imagine you would want to ride North with the Fallbrook Mooks on Friday night April 13, they intend to camp out somewhere in Ventura County.

"Dearest Mopsy, Flopsy and Cottontail (aka Dago johnny80s, Lanny and Coldcut!), Let's make this a tentative plan: Between the hours of 0700 to 0800 I'll be at the Denny's located a 3614 State Street in Santa Barbara, Californa 93105 telephone # 1-805-898-4447. It's exactly 4 hours at FJR speed to the Big Sur Inn on Hwy. One.

We should arrive at Noon. I'll be at the breakfast counter enjoying the Don Carver Cheeseburger Special, it is now featured on the menu there named after our dcarver!"

I believe he already has a meeting spot set with Don and Lanny.....

R
Hello Pegscraper Ed, I am meeting up with Goombah, Lanny and Coldcut on the morning of Saturday, April 14 up in Santa Barbara at approximately 0730.

But I would imagine you would want to ride North with the Fallbrook Mooks on Friday night April 13, they intend to camp out somewhere in Ventura County.

"Dearest Mopsy, Flopsy and Cottontail (aka Dago johnny80s, Lanny and Coldcut!), Let's make this a tentative plan: Between the hours of 0700 to 0800 I'll be at the Denny's located a 3614 State Street in Santa Barbara, Californa 93105 telephone # 1-805-898-4447. It's exactly 4 hours at FJR speed to the Big Sur Inn on Hwy. One.

We should arrive at Noon. I'll be at the breakfast counter enjoying the Don Carver Cheeseburger Special, it is now featured on the menu there named after our dcarver!"
Ed I will call you this week. You are welcome to come along.

Don - This is where Richard chimes in and tells you to stop fucking up the thread.
So johnny80s, is the time now right to bring back the pictures of FJRBluesman and SkooterG again? Inquiring minds want to know! I've got pics of HRZ and Carver too!