April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We be in! Ms. Dcarver too "if not cold!"
OMG OMG OMG... YIPPEEEEE!! Hell, tell Ms. D to come in the car if it's too cold... don't care how she gets there... tell her to just get there!! :yahoo:
If it's too cold for her to ride then, if I can make the run, I will swing by Creston on my way north in my car and pick her up for the ride up to Big Sur.

And, just to confirm, Cambria is the staging point for Saturday night (and, I guess, Friday night for those heading up from the south on Friday)? In any event, Valerie and I are reserved at the Cambria Palms Motel for Friday and Saturday nights. The plans can, of course, change if the logistics do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe he already has a meeting spot set with Don and Lanny.....R
Hello Pegscraper Ed, I am meeting up with Goombah, Lanny and Coldcut on the morning of Saturday, April 14 up in Santa Barbara at approximately 0730.

But I would imagine you would want to ride North with the Fallbrook Mooks on Friday night April 13, they intend to camp out somewhere in Ventura County.

"Dearest Mopsy, Flopsy and Cottontail (aka Dago johnny80s, Lanny and Coldcut!), Let's make this a tentative plan: Between the hours of 0700 to 0800 I'll be at the Denny's located a 3614 State Street in Santa Barbara, Californa 93105 telephone # 1-805-898-4447. It's exactly 4 hours at FJR speed to the Big Sur Inn on Hwy. One.

We should arrive at Noon. I'll be at the breakfast counter enjoying the Don Carver Cheeseburger Special, it is now featured on the menu there named after our dcarver!"
Ed I will call you this week. You are welcome to come along.
Ed, Jacquie, Juan, Lanny and Coldcut: For what it's worth (especially if it's raining!), I have a room booked at the Santa Barbara Motel 6 for Friday night 4/13; it is literally within walking distance of the Denny's Restaurant we will be at the next morning. Location: 3505 State Street, 93105 805-687-5400. My Cell: 480-440-4666; if you're late!

Here is the scoop from the San Diego group.

Ed and Jackie are heading up early on friday to get us a camping spot. Jeff can't get time off. I have to work part of the day as it is the last day for one of my staff so we have to collect his equipment and change passwords. Lanny is going to meet me in Simi Valley around noon then we are going to have lunch and head up to Cambria to join Ed and Jackie.

I will call Don to touch base with him.

Shauna won't get in the car with me........dont know why.

R
Bullshit !!! There were four of us in your Audi last Saturday and you even let her drive it home. She did not however drive as fast as you did going to dinner. She may have reasons for not getting in you car without a supervisor :p

I just spoke with Don and he is going to go to the campsite on Friday and not the Motel 6.
https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1y=US&1l=33.303379&1g=-111.840828&1v=CITY&2pn=San+Simeon+State+Park&2c=Cambria&2s=CA&2a=598+San+Simeon+Creek+Rd&2z=93428&2y=US&2l=35.59947&2g=-121.1256&2v=ADDRESS&2id=265666023#b/maps/m:map:4:34.529206:-116.472654::::::1:1:::::::::/l::1061+N+Amber+St:Chandler:AZ:85225-8718:US:33.32212:-111.80997:address::1:::/l:San+Simeon+State+Park:598+San+Simeon+Creek+Rd:Cambria:CA:93428:US:35.59947:-121.1256:address::1:::265666023/io:1:::::f:no:en_US:M::/bl:/e Bejaysus Mother Mary, this is getting so FUBAR'd up you would almost think that a Guinea Wop Dago is planning this rolling Goat Feck! If we wanted this "Irished", then ShinyPartsUp-Old Michael-BeemerDonS could have planned it out for you! Dropping Seth off at School at 0900 in Chandler, which should then get me to the Campsite by 1900 hours.

Wow - a four day ride for a 1.5 hour lunch. You all are amazing. Wish I could join you all. When I retire, oops, if I can retire :angry2: I will look forward to joining many of these. :)

I haven't jumped in on scheduling a take off time because mine keeps changing!

Looks like now we're leaving Monday and staying in San Simeon. Or Tuesday when we have a couple nights in a tree house and then a couple nights at the Big Sur River Inn.

Looking forward to some down time and some good day rides!

I'd like to be there for this one (my first, please be gentle) I'd also like to camp Friday and Saturday. I didn't catch where the campsite is...Kirk Creek maybe?? :unsure: