SFO 2012 -> CLOSED THREAD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
POLL DEADLINE - MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY FEB 1st

GIVEN:

NAFO/CFO - June 21-24

EOM - end of Sept

NERDS - Aug 15-19

(non) Wheatie Appl Camp - end May?

BEFA (New Orleans) - April?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never stopped in Russelville for anything but gas and try to avoid going through it if I can.... the "big town" just slows me down when I'm out for a long day ride from the D/FW area so I'm rather neutral on it as a launching point. Eureka Springs was a great location, but the price/value/quality was merely acceptable.

Any town that would keep us riding in and around the Ozark National Forest would be fantastic.

I'm with Petey. My 02. Harrison has several pluses as a base location.

-Not touristie like Eureka Springs, Harrison is a bigger town not as pricey.

-Closer to many of the "good" riding roads. Push Mtn, 43,21,123,74,125 into Southern MO ect.

-Yamaha Motorcycle Dealer

I have based myself at the Harrison Quality Inn on two occasions and found it quite nice and

well located. It's in town on US 65 across the street from one of the Harrison CC golf greens.

If you zoom in on MapSource on your computer you'll see the location. They have a complementary

continental breakfast.

The Yamaha Dealer and a Walmart (BEER) are on 65 less than a mile NW of the Quality. The Dixie

Cafe restaurant is next door to the motel and has quite a tasty menu selection (and a killer of

a desert bar next to the dining area). They are open for lunch and dinner but do not serve alcohol.

There are other motels and restaurants nearby in Harrison.

from the SFO on Radar Yet thread:

I'm with Mike, "Informal" is good. hwy 7 to Hot Springs is OK, but thats about it.

Jasper area is about as centraly located as its going to get.

The HUB (just North of Jasper) is a pretty cool place, it aint the Ritz but 40 - 45 bucks a night, double occupancy is hard to beat. The food is pretty good, they got meeting rooms and when you pull out of their driveway onto hwy 7 theres a curve right away! You can be on 123 or 74 in about 10 minutes.

Most of ya'll already know about "The Cliff House" and the "Ozark Cafe" in Jasper for further great eating opportunities.

I would say the first 3 weekends in may look good 4th, 5th and 6th, 11th 12th and 13th or 18th 19th and 20th.

Actually the 11th 12th and 13th work best for me, and it wont rain that weekend either!
another informed suggestion for all to ponder...

I'm easy to please.

Any date works for me. I'd opt for early May though.

Russelville, Jasper, Harrison, or Eureka Springs is fine. I'd lean toward 1)ES 2)Jasper 3)R'ville or Harrison.

Last year's motel in R'ville was fine. I prefer low cost lodging. The previous motel in ES (Best Western?) is too pricey.

Harrison because of location and amenities....

Jasper would be OK but it's a small town without many amenities...
Thats true, and they roll up the town at dark! But I like that, I'm not much of a night owl myself! I know there are others that are a lot more social than I am, so that my not suit everyone. The closest place to get booze is next county west.

The best thing about Jasper is your in the middle of the good stuff (riding)!

Just FYI... I ran by the Hub Motorcycle Resort this morning and they are available the first weekend in May! They would love to have us and the atmosphere IMO would be much better than previous events. And for those that enjoy a beverage, the county is now wet. Lets ride some twisties!

Just FYI... I ran by the Hub Motorcycle Resort this morning and they are available the first weekend in May! They would love to have us and the atmosphere IMO would be much better than previous events. And for those that enjoy a beverage, the county is now wet. Lets ride some twisties!
good news...let's check out last weekend April 26-29

no clue on how many...maybe start with 15 to 25 rooms and go from there...

best

Mike

Doesn't it rain at those SFO events? Of course the county is wet! :lol:

Seriously though, that looks like some good riding...I wish I could get down there in the spring, but it looks like I will have to wait until the fall. Have fun boys (and girls) !!

I can and will attend the weekend of June 1. Put me down for 1 bike and 2 for Saturday nite dinner. No room necessary. Thanx.

Let's ride some twisties!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.