OFFICIAL SFO 2012 RALLY thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRUST ME, GANG...I've GOT THIS...

Give me to Feb 1st when I, as promised, will call Debbie with numbers...

(it's a step by step process and will go smoothly; we're still on step 1)

She already has us down for our rally dates, so we are covered there

She will block rooms for the rally based on that Feb 1st conversation

No reservations need to be made at this time

I will also discuss our intentions more in detail and ask about reservations policy and timing (yes, you make your own reservation mentioning the "FJR Rally"

will post up in this thread: stay tuned

probably will update the first post and also post inside the thread that there is an update..<yikes, say that again fast!>

the numbers are:

currently...fjrForum 9 two beds, 10 one bed, 1 three beds

fjriders 5 two beds, 2 one bed

27 rooms

will ask to block, say, 40 rooms...they have a total of 53 one & two bed rooms on the property

I'm getting excited and continue to do my "no rain" dancing

anyone who wishes can email me and have a conversation: mholiver at patriotguard dot org

rgds

Mike

in Nawlins'

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, put me down for one room, two beds. Now, I'm going to locate my rain gear.......

Won't be able to attend this due to my (track coaching) schedule. But I wanted to give two big thumbs up to Mike (Patriot) for arranging this as a damn fine and totally frugal event. If I could have swung it, I'd have have been sorely tempted to make the trek down for the weekend. What a great way to kick off the summer? You boyz and gurlz have fun! :yahoo:

I love frugal events... :D

...so long as I get to spend as much gas$$ as I want to get there, leave as much tire rubber$$ on the road to get there... :yahoo:

...and have some magic marker on masking tape for a name tag! :lol:

You guys have a great time! :clapping:

Hey Mike,

I just talked to Debbie and registered my room from Thursday thru Saturday evenings. Still early, but I am so ready for

SFO 2012 at the Hub. Thanks Mike for putting this together! Hope to see everyone in a few months.

Gary Green

We are trying to plan the trip, Have never attended a FJR rally. It would be me and a 10yo 2up on the FJR and the wife would be ridding a Kawasaki Vulcan 500, she is concerned that she might not be welcome. Would anyone have a problem with a non FJR at the rally. (she would ride a FJR if her feet could touch the ground)

I don't have a problem with it. We have had a few non FJR's every year I have been going and this will be my 5th year. Make your reservations. I just made mine.

GP

We are trying to plan the trip, Have never attended a FJR rally. It would be me and a 10yo 2up on the FJR and the wife would be ridding a Kawasaki Vulcan 500, she is concerned that she might not be welcome. Would anyone have a problem with a non FJR at the rally. (she would ride a FJR if her feet could touch the ground)
is your wife hot...post pics including wearing gear and I'll let you know :rolleyes:

really, all are welcome...well at least metric bikes :D

Harleys and Beemers are fine too as long as they take rooms in the back and refrain from using the public bathrooms in the lobby :p

seriously, it's that you ride, not what

Mike da Nawlins' horntoad

Patriot- you seem like a nut with questionable morals. . .You're everything I ever wanted in a friend. We have made out reservations and will arrive on the 31st. there will be three of us: me, the wife, and our 10yo son.

Patriot- you seem like a nut with questionable morals. . .You're everything I ever wanted in a friend. We have made out reservations and will arrive on the 31st. there will be three of us: me, the wife, and our 10yo son.
I'll have you know that our Patriot (Mike) is a nut with no morals to question.

You'd be wise to keep that in mind when you meet him. :p

No doubt you will enjoy your time together.

Have fun!!

a private room for 60 is reserved for who wishes to have dinner Fri and/or Sat nite

it's just a get together with ordering off the menu and pay your own bill

I believe I can arrange to have it charged to the room so no waiting for the alcoholics to get to their hidden beer :rolleyes:

I have a question. Are the room prices given per night or is that the price for all 3 nights? I'm guessing its per night, but one could read it both ways

I've ridden the Ozarks and they are fantastic roads there

I have a question. Are the room prices given per night or is that the price for all 3 nights? I'm guessing its per night, but one could read it both ways

I've ridden the Ozarks and they are fantastic roads there
We get pretty cheap here in Arkansas, with the masking tape marker name tags and all, but it aint that cheap.....its per night.

Patriot, my reservations were called in tonight. Thanks for setting this up!

Somehow, the toll free number for the HUB on the Rally announcement is wrong. It should be 1-800-597-9963; NOT 1-800-587-9963. If you call the posted number, you get a number disconnected message back. Would someone please edit the number and make the correction?

And before I forget, I will be there with the wife (room is reserved)

Room reserved for me and Thingfish. I am looking forward to this. :yahoo:

I reserved my room yesterday, thanks Mike

Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.