OFFICIAL SFO 2012 RALLY thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless of the registration database, using this thread I have compiled the numbers through April 1st on the rooms.

please continue to post in this thread any new registrants with how many riders and how and what kind of room you have called the Hub and reserved.

the special register database is a backup

I appreciate Mark da Old Glory Glory Racing dude keeping track of the rider list and please continue, my friend

the current numbers (April 1st) including both forums:

rooms

2 queen beds -> 26

1 king -> 14

3 queens -> 1

total 48 riders

Come On and Hurry May 31st !!!

do your "no rain dance"

Thanx everyone for your patience with me

Mike

mholiver at patriotguard dot org

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to worry Mike. It's gonna be so hot the rain is going to evaporate before it hits the ground. Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GP

We'll I messed up, had a little get off on my 450, trying to ride down some steep rocky ledges. Broke my right arm at the wrist/arm junction. Doing good, Doc said surgery went fine, got some plates and screws holding it together. Will be 3 months before I can ride again, which puts me out of SFO!

The hardest part has been learning how to wipe my butt with left arm, tried to talk my wife into it......she just looked at me said it was time to learn a new trick!

Sorry bout that dudes, I'll be back!

Scott

called Debbie to compare numbers of the reservations for rooms and I had counted people, so my room count was way high

she has called in reservations for 23 rooms: 15 two beds, 7 one bed, and 1 3 beds...

I agreed I would call her with numbers May 1...4 weeks out and release any blocked out rooms...she does say she has another smaller group with 10 rooms blocked out, and has a total of 52 rooms on the property

which means if you decide last minute, you should be able to get a room.

So, if you are 75% sure you will attend, make a reservation before June 1st. If not, there will be the opportunity to make the event last minute. If you have to cancel your attendance, please call Debbie at the Hub and cancel your reservation.

Getting closer

Let's start thinking about our riding habits away from home and problems would affect everyone. I remember someone posted a great reminder that boiled down to riding your own ride, and may I add, being sure your bike is reliable enough for a trip like this. My bike is still in the shop mainly waiting for parts back ordered from Japan, and a wheel bearing which turned out to be defective, even brand new.

Mike O

We'll I messed up, had a little get off on my 450, trying to ride down some steep rocky ledges. Broke my right arm at the wrist/arm junction. Doing good, Doc said surgery went fine, got some plates and screws holding it together. Will be 3 months before I can ride again, which puts me out of SFO!

The hardest part has been learning how to wipe my butt with left arm, tried to talk my wife into it......she just looked at me said it was time to learn a new trick!

Sorry bout that dudes, I'll be back!

Scott
Dang it Scott! Sorry to hear about this. Get well. Hope to see you next time.

GP

OK, I know I am having a Senior moment, but where in Hell is Marple Falls, Ar. :unsure: I am signed up for the Rally but now I am trying to figure out where I am going.

I know it is South of me someplace.

Mac

OK, I know I am having a Senior moment, but where in Hell is Marple Falls, Ar. :unsure: I am signed up for the Rally but now I am trying to figure out where I am going.

Mac
SFO is really not in Marple Falls, but its close!

When you look on a map, find hwy 7 north of Jasper, about the time the road quits twisting and begins to straighten out, thats were "The Hub" is! On the east side of 7, right at the Newton County line

Mac
SFO is really not in Marple Falls, but its close!

When you look on a map, find hwy 7 north of Jasper, about the time the road quits twisting and begins to straighten out, thats were "The Hub" is! On the east side of 7, right at the Newton County line

Are we talking about Marble Falls instead of Marple Falls ?

Mac

Are we talking about Marble Falls instead of Marple Falls ?
Yes, it's Marble Falls. It's easier to find when it's spelled correctly. ;)
Thanks much, you young guys were just playing a trick on us oldies and make us think we were finally losing it, right. :yahoo: I have been looking in my GPS, Google maps and paper maps and pulling out what little hair I have left. Thanks again, now I can plan my trip.

Mac

Scott

Shoot...doggoneit Scott!

:(

google "the hub in Arkansas" and a lil map pops up
Patriot, I give you all the credit in the world for setting this rally up. A couple of years ago I rode with your group one day in Ar.

But I have to ask you, Arn't you in anyway interested in correcting the spelling of the name of the town that the rally is being held at. There just may be some like me that cannot find the town of Marples. The Registration site still says Marple.

Mac

Patriot, I give you all the credit in the world for setting this rally up. A couple of years ago I rode with your group one day in Ar.

But I have to ask you, Arn't you in anyway interested in correcting the spelling of the name of the town that the rally is being held at. There just may be some like me that cannot find the town of Marples. The Registration site still says Marple.

Mac
Good grief Mac.....you aint gonna find anything that says "Welcome to Marple or Marble Falls" Its a spot in the road at best. Google "The Hub" follow that map.

Mac
Good grief Mac.....you aint gonna find anything that says "Welcome to Marple or Marble Falls" Its a spot in the road at best. Google "The Hub" follow that map.

Yes it is just a spot in the road, but I really like this here spot! However it does have a tendency to eat motorcycle tires! FYI...it is called Marble Falls due to the marble waterfall that was in the area. The marble was mined in 1836 and used in the construction of washington monument. Alright, that is enough history, lets ride already!

Some family obligations came up and I won't be able to attend. Y'all have a great time! I hope the weather cooperates and everyone stays safe.

Just a reminder: :)

Fri, May 4, I will be calling Debbie / the Hub to get a "semi final" count of rooms and releasing any that are still blocked for us. After that, reservations will be honored as rooms are available to the public.

I'll be riding Sat-Thur Alabama with an overnight trip to the Smokie National Park.

Can't wait for May 31st... :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.