#81 Patriot

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts
  • 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

regardless of the registration database, using this thread I have compiled the numbers through April 1st on the rooms.

please continue to post in this thread any new registrants with how many riders and how and what kind of room you have called the Hub and reserved.

the special register database is a backup

I appreciate Mark da Old Glory Glory Racing dude keeping track of the rider list and please continue, my friend

the current numbers (April 1st) including both forums:

rooms
2 queen beds -> 26
1 king -> 14
3 queens -> 1

total 48 riders

Come On and Hurry May 31st !!!
do your "no rain dance"

Thanx everyone for your patience with me
Mike
mholiver at patriotguard dot org
Mike in Nawlins' ..... 2004.5 FJR 1300 Silver Bullet "Isabella" in Nawlins' ..... Darksider #53
IBA# 42430 . my pics - FLICKR CLICKY HERE and New Orleans Ride Captain; Patriot Guard Riders; www.patriotguard.org
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#82 GPRIDER

GPRIDER

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Not to worry Mike. It's gonna be so hot the rain is going to evaporate before it hits the ground. Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GP
04 FJR(crashed), 95 Vmax(still own), 89 Vmax, 83 Venture, 81 XS1100, 79 XS650, 70 Kawasaki 500 Mach III, 71 Kawasaki 500 Mach III

#83 fjrrider

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • 2008 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

We'll I messed up, had a little get off on my 450, trying to ride down some steep rocky ledges. Broke my right arm at the wrist/arm junction. Doing good, Doc said surgery went fine, got some plates and screws holding it together. Will be 3 months before I can ride again, which puts me out of SFO!
The hardest part has been learning how to wipe my butt with left arm, tried to talk my wife into it......she just looked at me said it was time to learn a new trick!
Sorry bout that dudes, I'll be back!

Scott
Sometimes you guys just ride too fast!!!!

2010 KTM 530 EXC-R
2007 Honda CRF450X
2005 Honda CR250R

#84 Patriot

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

called Debbie to compare numbers of the reservations for rooms and I had counted people, so my room count was way high

she has called in reservations for 23 rooms: 15 two beds, 7 one bed, and 1 3 beds...

I agreed I would call her with numbers May 1...4 weeks out and release any blocked out rooms...she does say she has another smaller group with 10 rooms blocked out, and has a total of 52 rooms on the property
which means if you decide last minute, you should be able to get a room.

So, if you are 75% sure you will attend, make a reservation before June 1st. If not, there will be the opportunity to make the event last minute. If you have to cancel your attendance, please call Debbie at the Hub and cancel your reservation.

Getting closer

Let's start thinking about our riding habits away from home and problems would affect everyone. I remember someone posted a great reminder that boiled down to riding your own ride, and may I add, being sure your bike is reliable enough for a trip like this. My bike is still in the shop mainly waiting for parts back ordered from Japan, and a wheel bearing which turned out to be defective, even brand new.

Mike O
Mike in Nawlins' ..... 2004.5 FJR 1300 Silver Bullet "Isabella" in Nawlins' ..... Darksider #53
IBA# 42430 . my pics - FLICKR CLICKY HERE and New Orleans Ride Captain; Patriot Guard Riders; www.patriotguard.org

#85 GPRIDER

GPRIDER

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

We'll I messed up, had a little get off on my 450, trying to ride down some steep rocky ledges. Broke my right arm at the wrist/arm junction. Doing good, Doc said surgery went fine, got some plates and screws holding it together. Will be 3 months before I can ride again, which puts me out of SFO!
The hardest part has been learning how to wipe my butt with left arm, tried to talk my wife into it......she just looked at me said it was time to learn a new trick!
Sorry bout that dudes, I'll be back!

Scott

Dang it Scott! Sorry to hear about this. Get well. Hope to see you next time.

GP
04 FJR(crashed), 95 Vmax(still own), 89 Vmax, 83 Venture, 81 XS1100, 79 XS650, 70 Kawasaki 500 Mach III, 71 Kawasaki 500 Mach III

#86 vabrzn

vabrzn

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

Looks like i'll be able to make it Friday and Saturday! Reservations made.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 okmac

okmac

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

OK, I know I am having a Senior moment, but where in Hell is Marple Falls, Ar. :unsure: I am signed up for the Rally but now I am trying to figure out where I am going.

I know it is South of me someplace.

Mac
2007 FJR1300

#88 fjrrider

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

OK, I know I am having a Senior moment, but where in Hell is Marple Falls, Ar. :unsure: I am signed up for the Rally but now I am trying to figure out where I am going.

Mac

SFO is really not in Marple Falls, but its close!
When you look on a map, find hwy 7 north of Jasper, about the time the road quits twisting and begins to straighten out, thats were "The Hub" is! On the east side of 7, right at the Newton County line

2010 KTM 530 EXC-R
2007 Honda CRF450X
2005 Honda CR250R

#89 okmac

okmac

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Mac

SFO is really not in Marple Falls, but its close!
When you look on a map, find hwy 7 north of Jasper, about the time the road quits twisting and begins to straighten out, thats were "The Hub" is! On the east side of 7, right at the Newton County line

Are we talking about Marble Falls instead of Marple Falls ?

Mac

2007 FJR1300

#90 dbx

dbx

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 2007 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Yes, it's Marble Falls. It's easier to find when it's spelled correctly. ;)
dbx

2007 FJR1300 AE
2005 FJR1300

#91 okmac

okmac

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Yes, it's Marble Falls. It's easier to find when it's spelled correctly. ;)

Thanks much, you young guys were just playing a trick on us oldies and make us think we were finally losing it, right. :yahoo: I have been looking in my GPS, Google maps and paper maps and pulling out what little hair I have left. Thanks again, now I can plan my trip.
Mac
2007 FJR1300

#92 wheatonFJR

wheatonFJR

:D

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,530 posts
  • 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Scott

Shoot...doggoneit Scott!

:(

#93 Patriot

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

google "the hub in Arkansas" and a lil map pops up

#94 okmac

okmac

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Patriot, I give you all the credit in the world for setting this rally up. A couple of years ago I rode with your group one day in Ar.
But I have to ask you, Arn't you in anyway interested in correcting the spelling of the name of the town that the rally is being held at. There just may be some like me that cannot find the town of Marples. The Registration site still says Marple.

Mac
2007 FJR1300

#95 fjrrider

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Patriot, I give you all the credit in the world for setting this rally up. A couple of years ago I rode with your group one day in Ar.
But I have to ask you, Arn't you in anyway interested in correcting the spelling of the name of the town that the rally is being held at. There just may be some like me that cannot find the town of Marples. The Registration site still says Marple.

Mac

Good grief Mac.....you aint gonna find anything that says "Welcome to Marple or Marble Falls" Its a spot in the road at best. Google "The Hub" follow that map.

2010 KTM 530 EXC-R
2007 Honda CRF450X
2005 Honda CR250R

#96 glory racing

glory racing

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Mac

Good grief Mac.....you aint gonna find anything that says "Welcome to Marple or Marble Falls" Its a spot in the road at best. Google "The Hub" follow that map.

Yes it is just a spot in the road, but I really like this here spot! However it does have a tendency to eat motorcycle tires! FYI...it is called Marble Falls due to the marble waterfall that was in the area. The marble was mined in 1836 and used in the construction of washington monument. Alright, that is enough history, lets ride already!

I wanna ride fast!

2010 VFR 1200,  2008 FZ1

#97 FJRMGM

FJRMGM

FJRMGM

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

Patriot, thanks for setting this up for us. I just registered for two of us and called Debbie at the Hub to reserve a room.

See you there.

I now live in motorcycling paradise - NW Arkansas!!

#98 dbx

dbx

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 2007 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Some family obligations came up and I won't be able to attend. Y'all have a great time! I hope the weather cooperates and everyone stays safe.
dbx

2007 FJR1300 AE
2005 FJR1300

#99 Patriot

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Just a reminder: :)

Fri, May 4, I will be calling Debbie / the Hub to get a "semi final" count of rooms and releasing any that are still blocked for us. After that, reservations will be honored as rooms are available to the public.

I'll be riding Sat-Thur Alabama with an overnight trip to the Smokie National Park.

Can't wait for May 31st... :yahoo:

#100 glory racing

glory racing

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

Just a reminder: :)

Fri, June 4, I will be calling Debbie / the Hub to get a "semi final" count of rooms and releasing any that are still blocked for us. After that, reservations will be honored as rooms are available to the public.

I'll be riding Sat-Thur Alabama with an overnight trip to the Smokie National Park.

Can't wait for May 31st... :yahoo:

I think she will know the room count by then! Jus sayin

I wanna ride fast!

2010 VFR 1200,  2008 FZ1