SW-FOG 2012 - Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A really ambitious route would be up 24/285, west across 82, south on 133 to Hotchkiss, pick up 92 south, then back across 50 to Sadalia. 329 miles acordintg to S&T. Is that too far given the roads? Sort of a "twisty butt" of Colorado in that it would take all day with no stops?
It would be ambitious, but I'd recommend doing it the other direction (clockwise), so that at the end of this long day, the last stretch is nice and straight and easy. There is also the risk of afternoon storms while you're over Independence Pass (or Monarch Pass if you do it counter-clockwise). I've gone ahead and written it up with warnings: https://www.sw-fog.com/routes/gunnison_aspen_loop.php

BTW, we're up to 12 routes on the website, which I think will probably be it for a while. Plenty of options to choose from: https://www.sw-fog.com/routes.php

EDIT: P.S. It's Salida...Sedalia is actually the name of another town outside of Denver ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So Scott, are you going to post a route just for HotRodZilla? It would include day spas, antique stores, tanning booths, fern bars, veggie diners and needlepoint clinics!!

So Scott, are you going to post a route just for HotRodZilla? It would include day spas, antique stores, tanning booths, fern bars, veggie diners and needlepoint clinics!!
So what?? Ride your own ride jerk-face! Now...I just need to find a nice massage place that will rub me down with Lavender oil and rose pedals. Where'd you go last time Don??

So what?? Ride your own ride jerk-face! Now...I just need to find a nice massage place that will rub me down with Lavender oil and rose pedals. Where'd you go last time Don??
https://bellavitadayspa.net/page1.aspx

scrub2.jpg

I'm sure there's plenty of that stuff in Aspen if he wanted to ride Independence Pass ;)

It keeps getting better...

COSFJR mentioned that he likes to see pictures of attractions and/or routes when he's trying to figure out where to go. To that end, I dug through my photo library, and picked out some pictures of the areas where I had them. I put them in each route detail page. A full listing of the routes are here: https://www.sw-fog.com/routes.php

Well, I WAS thinkin' of trying to make this one....that was until HRZ and Beemerdon started talking about rubbin' things down with rose oil and what-not. I'll NOW be investing that time in therapy.

I'll have to check dates at work n see if'n I can get off. If so, I'm in. You boys really should look at a nice R1200GS for riding Colorado. It's the only way to roll around that state!

Well, I WAS thinkin' of trying to make this one....that was until HRZ and Beemerdon started talking about rubbin' things down with rose oil and what-not. I'll NOW be investing that time in therapy.

I'll have to check dates at work n see if'n I can get off. If so, I'm in. You boys really should look at a nice R1200GS for riding Colorado. It's the only way to roll around that state!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww frick...Here we go again. Ya'll think Patch'll bring his daughter again?? :lol:

Edited to add:

C6DEBD5F5056900B102A147D5DBB6CD2.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww frick...Here we go again. Ya'll think Patch'll bring his daughter again?? :lol:

Edited to add:

HRZ, I thought it was illegal to date your own daughter in New Mexico? Maybe I am thinking of Old Mexico.

Patch, if you don't bring Hannah this year: You can always room with Big-D, Old Michael and tu Papa Chuy!

FJRSWFOG2011009.jpg

Edited to add:

HRZ, I thought it was illegal to date your own daughter in New Mexico? Maybe I am thinking of Old Mexico.

Patch, if you don't bring Hannah this year: You can always room with Big-D, Old Michael and tu Papa Chuy!

FJRSWFOG2011009.jpg
Whatever you do Patch, don't be the first one to pass out.

Edited to add:

FJRSWFOG2011009.jpg
Whatever you do Patch, don't be the first one to pass out.
BUZZKILL: DAMN SPOILSPORT!!!

Edited to add:

:haha:

Will she fall asleep on the back of the bike again?

Edited to add:

:haha:

Will she fall asleep on the back of the bike again?
Well, if he insists on riding during her nap-time, she'll have no choice. You give her a blankie and she's done for! 'Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Before I forget, my wife pointed out to me that at the top of the main page on the SW-FOG 2012 site https://www.sw-fog.com/, it says July 19-22, 2011 (not 2012).

I'm assuming that's a typo ;)

With that said.... as a new FJR owner who does not have a passport, or any desire to get one just to go to the NAFO, the SW-FOG event has got my attention.

What's the weather usually like in Salida, Colorado that time of year?

Thanks,

Jon...

Before I forget, my wife pointed out to me that at the top of the main page on the SW-FOG 2012 site https://www.sw-fog.com/, it says July 19-22, 2011 (not 2012).

With that said.... as a new FJR owner who does not have a passport, or any desire to get one just to go to the NAFO, the SW-FOG event has got my attention.

Thanks,

Jon...
Weather in Salida in July is typical Colorado Summer. Daytime highs from the low 70s to mid 80s but mostly in the 70s. Chance for afternoon rain and evenings in the 50s - 60s. I love Salida, right on the Arkansas river with good riding all around. Be careful of the runs up toward Buena Vista, they patrol this stretch with a vengeance. Independence Pass is my favorite pass in the state. I hope I can make this one, work always seems to get in the way of SW FOG for me.

Thanks,

Jon...
Brother Jon, it was the Peyote that caused the 2011 error!

I hate you...I hate you all.........
Yeah right, that's not what you were whispering into GalaxyBlue Adam's ear two years ago! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Yeah, but GalaxyBlue hadn't posted up there...just sayin'. Also, Jon_PDX...the weather in Colorado that time of year is about as perfect as motorcycle riding weather gets. Not too hot, not too cold, juuuuuuuuuuust right. There IS the potential for rain, but I suppose that's just about anywhere (except Texas where it's flat, hot, and drier than Beemerdon's sense of humor). If you're going to make a ride to the mountains in the US, this is the place to go IMHO.