SW-FOG 2012 - Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUMP REMINDER!

SW-FOG is 4 months away, reserve your rooms now before they are sold out. You can always cancel later with no penalty, if your Summer ride plans should change.

North America's finest motorcycling roads are in the CO Rockies, incredibly scenic riding. Hotel rates are inexpensive and we will have a hoot yakking and laughing!

BUMP REMINDER!

SW-FOG is 4 months away, reserve your rooms now before they are sold out. You can always cancel later with no penalty, if your Summer ride plans should change.

North America's finest motorcycling roads are in the CO Rockies, incredibly scenic riding. Hotel rates are inexpensive and we will have a hoot yakking and laughing!
Big Thanks to Don for reminding me to register. Rooms ARE going fast folks. The rooms with single beds are no longer available.

BUMP REMINDER!

https://www.sw-fog.com/ The rooms are almost gone at the Salida Gateway Inn and Suites, you better get yours quickly or you will be rooming down the road with the Harley Folks or double-bunking up with HotRodZilla and Patch308! Just remember, if HRZ and Patch ask you if you want to be the Husband or the Wife: That is a loaded trick question!

Call Elizabeth at 1-719-539-2895 for your room reservation or book online at https://salidagatewayinnandsuites.com/ His Holy Excellence The Pope will be in attendance and will bless your FJR!

PopeDon-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP REMINDER!

https://www.sw-fog.com/ The rooms are almost gone at the Salida Gateway Inn and Suites, you better get yours quickly or you will be rooming down the road with the Harley Folks or double-bunking up with HotRodZilla and Patch308! Just remember, if HRZ and Patch ask you if you want to be the Husband or the Wife: That is a loaded trick question!

Call Elizabeth at 1-719-539-2895 for your room reservation or book online at https://salidagatewayinnandsuites.com/ His Holy Excellence The Pope will be in attendance and will bless your FJR!

PopeDon-1.jpg
Thank you, your roundel holiness!

As an additional reminder, by registering on www.sw-fog.com, that does NOT reserve a room for you. That's simply a means to show people how many people are coming. Please be sure to call the nice ladies at the Gateway Inn (719-539-2895) to reserve your room with the group rates!

Gents, I regret to inform you that I probably won't make this one. It's opposite my days off and will require a full 30 hours of vacation time...which wouldn't be bad if I didn't have so damned much vacation already planned this year! This whole "work" thing is REALLY cutting in to my motorcycle time. If I can manage to squeak my regular days off to one side or the other then maybe, but it's not looking good...Kinda like Beemerdons in a thong if you will.

but it's not looking good...Kinda like Beemerdons in a thong if you will.
Oh no....now you've done it. Brace yourselves for a couple of pages of PhotoShop's finest from 'Zilla and Beemerdons now. (we need a good facepalm smiley)

Sorry you can't make it! Try harder!!!

Just signed up for my room. They are out of Queens and Kings so I had to take a double , costs 20 bucks more for friday and sat. My falt for waiting too long. Oh well, the ride will be worth it.

Mac

Just signed up for my room. They are out of Queens and Kings so I had to take a double , costs 20 bucks more for friday and sat. My falt for waiting too long. Oh well, the ride will be worth it.

Mac
Glad to hear you'll be making the trek!

The weekend days are their prime days in the middle of summer. The original rate they gave me was the higher rate for all days, but we negotiated down to the lower rate for weeknights :)

BUMP REMINDER!

https://www.sw-fog.com/ The rooms are almost gone at the Salida Gateway Inn and Suites, you better get yours quickly or you will be rooming down the road with the Harley Folks or double-bunking up with Horny HotRodZilla! Just remember, if HRZ asks you if you want to be the Husband or the Wife: That is a loaded trick question and don't answer AJ! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

PopeDon-1.jpg
Thank you, your roundel holiness!

As an additional reminder, by registering on www.sw-fog.com, that does NOT reserve a room for you. That's simply a means to show people how many people are coming. Please be sure to call the nice ladies at the Gateway Inn (719-539-2895) to reserve your room with the group rates!
BIG BUMP!

For some unknown reason, because this is a fantastic FJR Event at a hell of a price as in Freaking Free, participants are frozen at 48. Get your ass in gear and get onboard for SW-FOG 2012!

BIG BUMP!

For some unknown reason, because this is a fantastic FJR Event at a hell of a price as in Freaking Free, participants are frozen at 48. Get your ass in gear and get onboard for SW-FOG 2012!
It's because they know your sorry ass is gonna be there!

BIG BUMP!

It's because they know your sorry ass is gonna be there!
Listen Pal, don't Fuck with the Pope! Capiche, Paisano!?!

PopeDon-1.jpg

Question...I was just on the SW-FOG site looking over the routes and I noticed there is only one at 300+ miles.

Now this is my first "official" get-together with an FJR owners group and not totally sure what the mindset will be or has been in the past. Maybe I shoulda saved this question for a Friday. But is the riding pretty relaxed, high spirited or some of both? Can some of those short routes be clumped together for a much "fuller" day of riding? And will there be two-up bikes that go a spirited pace? (wife would kill me if she were reading this, but once she's on the bike and the Scala shuts down for some unknown reason, what can she say?)

I'll be doing a lot of slabbing to get out there and look forward to taking in as much of beautiful CO as I/we can. Then again maybe the rides are broken up into morning rides and afternoon rides? I'd just like to get a clearer picture of what the pot of gold will look like at the end of the Interstate Slab rainbow.

Mike

Question...I was just on the SW-FOG site looking over the routes and I noticed there is only one at 300+ miles.

Now this is my first "official" get-together with an FJR owners group and not totally sure what the mindset will be or has been in the past. Maybe I shoulda saved this question for a Friday. But is the riding pretty relaxed, high spirited or some of both? Can some of those short routes be clumped together for a much "fuller" day of riding? And will there be two-up bikes that go a spirited pace? (wife would kill me if she were reading this, but once she's on the bike and the Scala shuts down for some unknown reason, what can she say?)

I'll be doing a lot of slabbing to get out there and look forward to taking in as much of beautiful CO as I/we can. Then again maybe the rides are broken up into morning rides and afternoon rides? I'd just like to get a clearer picture of what the pot of gold will look like at the end of the Interstate Slab rainbow.

Mike
Mike,

The organized group rides will be a bit more relaxed in order to accommodate more people's riding styles. You can obviously go on your own, or with a couple other people in a smaller group to do something that is more of your liking. The other routes were designed to allow time to stop and take pictures, enjoy some of the sites (such as the sand dunes, Bishop Castle, Florissant Fossil Beds, and the area around Cripple Creek), and still get you back to the hotel in time to bullshit with the other SW-FOG attendees.

Just remember, that mountainous miles tend to take longer than flatland miles (lower average speed, higher average smile per mile). If you're looking for some really long days, the "Gunnison / Aspen Loop" will fit that bill as is. You could also combine the "Sand Dunes / Bishop Castle" ride with the "Deckers" route to get something like this: https://g.co/maps/9yjsy (This route is 465 miles, and supposedly takes 10.5 hours per Google). Finally, here's yet another longer option that gets you to the "Million Dollar Highway": https://g.co/maps/uu5pc (436 miles, 8.5 hours) (Note: those Google times typically don't account for any additional stops or lunch breaks)

Just over two months away, and we've finally broken through to 50 participants!

Anybody thinking of running up to Pikes Peak? It's a nice ride up, but alot better coming down. You can't see alot going up except the road ahead, comming down you see everything! I recommend it. You'll cross the Royal Gorge on the way there if you go through Canyon City.

Shoot! I'll be working in South Africa at that time.

I am going to have to stay home in Colorado one of these summers, if only to make one of the FJR rallies.

Have a safe and fun gathering!!

Ron