Sunday 1/22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eFnJustRide

Reaction score
A few of us are getting together for a ride on Sunday. Meeting at McDonalds in Dahlonega at 10am. Come out and play, the weather should be great!

Yeah GR, I've been watching the weather too, but like you, I don't mind a little rain. If it takes a turn for the worse, we can re-evaluate. I've missed riding 2 weekends in a row, withdrawals are setting in

Sorry Papa G, Spring will be here before you know it...hopefully

We'll be there unless is't fooking pouring Sunday morning. Like eFn, I'm going through withdrawals after 2 weeks without riding. At least it's supposed to be warm. Maybe we can even find a dry spot or two.

Sorry to hear it GR.

I've been without for 2 weeks also MIke, 30% chance of rain is a chance I'm willing to take. see you in the am!

fiasco, my bike wouldn't start! cranked and cranked but wouldn't start. Spent the day cursing and kicking it. Tried the WFO throttle trick this am and it started right up. We didn't miss much, though, the weather was pretty crappy all day

fiasco, my bike wouldn't start! cranked and cranked but wouldn't start. Spent the day cursing and kicking it. Tried the WFO throttle trick this am and it started right up. We didn't miss much, though, the weather was pretty crappy all day
I had the same problem with my 05 FJR when the temps were in the 50's and it was cloudy, rainy and damp for several days. Turned out that the 12 v side of my coils had taken on too much moisture. There was some corrosion on the electrical connectors where the wires attach to the 12v side of the coils. A little cleaning and some di-electric grease and I was up and running. Don't know if that's worth much, but it's an easy item to check and/or fix.

Gary

darksider #44

Thanks for the info, I'm so happy my bike's running, I took off work yesterday and spent the whole day tearing up the N.GA mtns!