website for long distance riding research

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks pretty cool

I've bookmarked it - for later (like April :blink: )

Thanks for posting!

I was toying with the idea of US 62 from Ohio to Niagara Falls

I'm toying with Rte 2 from Maine to wherever I have to change routes to get to Castlegar, BC :p

To you, I say "stop toying and just GO"!!
MEM,

Maybe look at picking Hwy 2 back up south of Sault Ste Marie and run it over to Castlegar?

We rode Hwy 2 from Seattle, East until it ended at Mackinaw City a few years go. Worth at least once!

Nice find brent4727...

I'm toying with Rte 2 from Maine to wherever I have to change routes to get to Castlegar, BC :p

To you, I say "stop toying and just GO"!!
MEM,

Maybe look at picking Hwy 2 back up south of Sault Ste Marie and run it over to Castlegar?

We rode Hwy 2 from Seattle, East until it ended at Mackinaw City a few years go. Worth at least once!

Nice find brent4727...
You're quite right, ET. I was being a bit flip in my response.

Ideally, I'd go through Maine to Ottawa, hit SSM the next day, and go from there.

That's the way we did it in '09. And then we rode a lot of interstate highways from SD through Montana. Ugh. OTOH, we had places to go, people to see, things to do - in Nakusp, BC - so we had to make tracks :D

All that said, I really don't have a plan. As much as I romanticize the idea of riding alone, it's not realistic.

So..... I'm hoping some other right-coaster(s) has a plan for NAFO and I can tag along ;)

If/when you do this route, let me know. Rte 62 is my Main Street! Part of it runs through pretty urban areas once you get north of me though.

All that said, I really don't have a plan. As much as I romanticize the idea of riding alone, it's not realistic.
Really? I'm surprised to read you feel this way, MEM, and it's a bit sad, too. We live in such a golden age for travel! The roads have not been this safe for solo passage since ancient Rome.

So. Do you find you grow tired of your own company? Or is it that whole navigation thing? ;)

Really? I'm surprised to read you feel this way, MEM, and it's a bit sad, too. We live in such a golden age for travel! The roads have not been this safe for solo passage since ancient Rome.

So. Do you find you grow tired of your own company? Or is it that whole navigation thing? ;)

She likes someone else to do her - plugging.

She likes someone else to do her plugging.