EOM '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you more interested in the V / WV area, you might want to consider something around the Snowshoe resort. I understand wanting to try other locales, but it is hard to beat what the Boone area offers.

I would be interested in helping as well. More specifically, I will offer to handle shirts and rounding up door prizes. If someone else can do some of the ride scheduling and line up the hotel. If we have several people it will lighten the load for everyone involved.

Last year was huge success but I know that Slappy and his Special Gal did a lot to pull it off. :)

Keep me posted or shoot me a PM and we can discuss further.

Thanks,

-jwilly

WV works for me.

Boone works for me. 421 from the Ohio river to Boone is one hell of a way to ride to an event.

I must say the snake is a blast.

Since I want to do the Gap in the Spring, that would be a 3rd choice.

WV works for me.
Boone works for me. 421 from the Ohio river to Boone is one hell of a way to ride to an event.

I must say the snake is a blast.

Since I want to do the Gap in the Spring, that would be a 3rd choice.
Didn't see any coal rucks on the way in,did ya??

Rock quarry trucks, I think north of Bristle, caused a traffic jam on the mountain.

The rest rest was big fun.

Didn't see any coal rucks on the way in,did ya??

Black Mamba has a point....It's hard to beat the Boone area. Many different directions and roads that produce outstanding rides. It's more of a tourist location so the food and lodging are outstanding without the heavy traffic that time of year. I'll be glad to help any way that I can.

Don't go to the Canaan Valley Resort or to Snowshoe. Don't go to Elkins or even Morgantown. Yeh, yeh go to Boone, maybe Knoxville. That way there will be more room for me on those outstanding WV roads and you guys can go talk riding in the bars :yahoo:

sprint st, where are you from? Info not in your profile.

sprint st, where are you from? Info not in your profile.
Spartanburg, NC. I can be in Boone in an hour and a half, Deals Gap or Cherohala in about three, BRP in under an hour, Shady Valley in two, etc, etc. I ride N.Ga, Tn, NC, and SC as day trips so I know the roads fairly well. I lived for seven years in State College, PA and ran some great roads in central PA, BUT going to WV was where the fun was at. I learned to ride in SE Ohio, SW PA and WV from Wheeling down to Elkins and Marlinton.

So, we'll be seeing you at EOM this year. Will be good to meet you.

FWIW... I kinda' giggled when I read the comments about WV possibly having a hard time meeting Boone standards.

There is a plan in the works my FJR friends. I seriously doubt whether anyone would/could be disappointed.

I am planning to finalize some hotel bidness b4 making any announcements.

If anyone wants to step up and be EOM whipping person, do it soon.

Heidi

I have refrained from chiming in because, except for Heidi, no one here knows me from Adam nor has any reason to find credibility in what I say. I’ve ridden Boone area a few times, really like the area and plan to return to explore more, but as a lifelong resident of WV and a rider for 40 of those years, I assure all of you that my area is on par with Boone or any other place in the east. Yes, Canaan and Snowshoe and the other obligatory tourist areas offer great riding and scenery to match, but many, many lesser well advertised tracts offer riding opportunities that are unsurpassed. The area that luvtoride hints about has all amenities, is steeped in modern and Appalachian culture and history and the roads are, well, incredible. It lies east central so one can choose to ride WV’s northern, eastern or southern mtns or western and southwestern VA, or even Shady Valley etc for those of you who can’t get enough – all within a day’s ride and return in time for a late supper, brews and sound sleep. YMMV.

I’m an on site local who is willing to help in whatever way I can if ya’ll decide on West Virginia Almost Motorcycle Heaven for EOM ’07.

Jim

Heidi,

Aren’t you supposed to be workin’ ??? :) Oops, me too – back to the salt mine!

Hi Adam!

Sorry just had to say that :D

I have been to West Virgina 4 times in the last three years and still riding on excellent roads

Have used Cario, Elkins, Pineville, Morgantown as base camps.

This year we were in Pineville. It is very much of a coal area with accomodation not up to some people standards.

Here is the t shirt were got for that rally

211740439.jpg

So your're not the only one that thinks WV is a great place to ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim/Heidi,

I really don't think we need to make apologies for, or sell anyone on WV. The bottom line is that if love to ride WV stands on its own. By reading between the lines, a lot depends on whether the EOM is more of a social function or a riding function. It may be that just because of the number of riders it has to be more social, but personnally I'm in it for the riding.

Rod

Definitely no apologies sprint... only statements.

Day time = riding

Night time = socializing

I carried a cooler with me this past year while socializing. It made for an "always a drink in hand" experience.

FWIW... I kinda' giggled when I read the comments about WV possibly having a hard time meeting Boone standards.

There is a plan in the works my FJR friends. I seriously doubt whether anyone would/could be disappointed.

Heidi
Looks to me like you got it already! When you guys want some help let us know!

jim

Heidi

jim
Oh joy... you know, there is part of me that really wants the meet in WV & there is part of me that would love someone else to pick it up.

Hey His Grumpiness, will let you know when help be needed. Jim (spklbuk) & I plan on spreading da' luv.

Heidi

jim
Oh joy... you know, there is part of me that really wants the meet in WV & there is part of me that would love someone else to pick it up.

Hey His Grumpiness, will let you know when help be needed. Jim (spklbuk) & I plan on spreading da' luv.
Brian Parsons also lives here and maybe we can get him to help also? He might not try to turn you and your bike over?

jim

Oh crap, I almost forgot about that!!! Everyone, be careful riding anywhere near Grumpy. He might fall over on ya'!

I agree with the earlier comment about ride in the day, socialize at night. The place at Boone was just about perfect--lots of parking, restaurant and bar on premises, place to hold the group events, lots of other eating options, and shopping nearby. If there's something similar to that in eastern or central WV (which I'm sure there is), then I'd vote for that locale.

I can help with finding and checking routes for daily rides in WV if we go with that as our choice.

Hi Adam!
Sorry just had to say that :D

I have been to West Virgina 4 times in the last three years and still riding on excellent roads

Have used Cario, Elkins, Pineville, Morgantown as base camps.

This year we were in Pineville. It is very much of a coal area with accomodation not up to some people standards.

Here is the t shirt were got for that rally

211740439.jpg

So your're not the only one that thinks WV is a great place to ride.
Huron,

Adam here. :D Glad to hear that you’ve traversed some of the well advertised and some of the lesser-known (read well raped) parts of our fine state and appreciate its intrinsic value. Next time you wish to stay near Pineville, might give Twin Falls State Park a try – it’s very nice and gimme a holler, let's ride.