EOM '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have the Triple, although it is about to go into Cycletrader. Some one is going to get a great deal.

The Triple beat me up pretty bad getting to and from Boone last year. It was a hoot while there though. :D

Hopefully, By EOM 07, I'll have something more suited to a run like that. Not a FJR. Great bike, but, been there, done that. Ideally, I would keep the Triple also, but that's not in the cards.

Black Mamba, how you doing? You made the trip "happen" for me last year, and I think a few others would agree. I agree with the social aspect of the EOM. I ride w/o a pillion but still enjoy getting together for dinner in the evening and having a chance to tell some "lies" and do some bench racing. Boone was/is a good choice. Hopefully, EOM 07 will be in as great an area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have the Triple, although it is about to go into Cycletrader. Some one is going to get a great deal.
The Triple beat me up pretty bad getting to and from Boone last year. It was a hoot while there though. :D

Hopefully, By EOM 07, I'll have something more suited to a run like that. Not a FJR. Great bike, but, been there, done that. Ideally, I would keep the Triple also, but that's not in the cards.

Black Mamba, how you doing? You made the trip "happen" for me last year, and I think a few others would agree. I agree with the social aspect of the EOM. I ride w/o a pillion but still enjoy getting together for dinner in the evening and having a chance to tell some "lies" and do some bench racing. Boone was/is a good choice. Hopefully, EOM 07 will be in as great an area.
Boone and the company were great and it will be hard to beat. I agree with Rad, Black Mamba you were the man! Now if we can just get Matt to let others get a word in.

:D

Sensitive- That is the first word I would use to descibe all Marines I know. :lol:

I vote for roads first, accomodations second.

A lot of the socializing took place in the parkinglot at 06 and with the group you road with along the way.

The room was just someplace to shower and sleep.

You guys decide..... I ride for 14 to 15 hours straight to ride in what most of you call your back yard.

Don't fight over a couple hours ride to go to one of these events.

As for things to do when you get there and you don't want to ride (and I understand that) do a little surfing of the area and take in live theater, concert, a fair ,the local tourist trap.

In my area the corners are 90 degrees and you have a choice of three directions, but you better check to see if the light is green if your not going to stop.

You guys decide..... I ride for 14 to 15 hours straight to ride in what most of you call your back yard.
Don't fight over a couple hours ride to go to one of these events.

As for things to do when you get there and you don't want to ride (and I understand that) do a little surfing of the area and take in live theater, concert, a fair ,the local tourist trap.

In my area the corners are 90 degrees and you have a choice of three directions, but you better check to see if the light is green if your not going to stop.
huron,

Just because the engine is on and the wheels are turning doesn't mean that you are "riding." One can ride from Cambridge, Ohio to Denver on a bike, in a car or whatever and it will just be droning with moments of terror when you doze off or a tractor trailor cuts you off. Now riding NC 28 from Franklin to Deals Gap, that's riding.

huron,

Just because the engine is on and the wheels are turning doesn't mean that you are "riding." One can ride from Cambridge, Ohio to Denver on a bike, in a car or whatever and it will just be droning with moments of terror when you doze off or a tractor trailor cuts you off. Now riding NC 28 from Franklin to Deals Gap, that's riding.

Tom,

Does this clear it up for you? Your just not "riding" the right kind of "riding". :rolleyes:

:D

You know I wrote and delete what I was going to say at least 4 times.... I still mustn't have got it right?

I think Rad can maybe understand a little. He is a flatlander now :D

I find Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, West Viginia, Viginia , all those areas are all good areas to ride in.

What I meant by riding that distance that, some of you don't really know what you have so close at hand.

Last year was my first time riding in the Boone area.... Will I go back... why sure! But if Boone North Carolina was so great why did everyone that came early go ride in Tennessee for the day?

Last comment and then I will say no more..... You guys with those nice. excellent roads in your backyard plan it... and they will come.

Ya'll pick the spot. I'll bring tires, you bring chiks. I have better luck changing tires than changing chiks.

;)

You's guys are funny. Entertainment huh? Maybe I should look into having naked women serving drinks while we kick tires & bench race (aka bullshittin' & lying) in the parking lot?

Or maybe hire some semi-naked dancers to pose in the group FJR photo? For sure, that'd be a first at any of the meets.

BUT SERIOUSLY:

As far as entertainment, when I finish talks w/ the target hotel I'll be sure to post up a link to the Lewisburg, WV Chamber Of Commerce & whoever is interested in finding alternate forms of entertainment or lodging can do so. I have been busy with personal family health issues & haven't finished the hotel part so please give me a break where time is concerned. After all, it's not even Christmas yet.

I realize there are people that need to make vacation plans in advance. I think that it's safe to use the third weekend in September 2007 for planning purposes starting on that Friday. So meet time is Friday (14th), Saturday (15th), Sunday (16th) go home on Monday (17th) the 3rd weekend of September. If people want to arrive Thursday night & ride all day Friday there will be enough planned routes to go around unless you want to wing it... & believe me, there are plenty of good roads around to wing a day ride. I'll probably get there on Thursday, myself. That is the weekend I'll be shooting for.

For those interested in alternate entertainment, they will be responsible for finding their own amusements. That is unless there is an attendee who'd like to be the whipping person for formal entertainment plans. I do believe the area supports some different types of stuff to do. I wouldn't count so much on seeing an off-broadway show or anything like that, though.

Jim & I plan to find a decent hotel w/ reasonable rates, make ride plans/routes, get a gathering spot for our giveaways & plan a FJR family dinner. There will probably be some other things mixed in there... like t-shirts, door prizes & such... But basically that is what we plan on doing. There is no chores added or subtracted from previous year's planning... BUT as time grows closer who knows what might pop up. Maybe a good spot for having lunch, etc.

Anyway, I think that it's safe to say that the 3rd weekend in September... Friday (14th), Saturday (15th) & Sunday (16th) & go home on Monday (17th) are good for planning.

Heidi

As far as entertainment, when I finish talks w/ the target hotel I'll be sure to post up a link to the Lewisburg Chamber Of Commerce & whoever is interested in finding alternate forms of entertainment or lodging can do so.
Heidi
Lewisburg TX?...Lewisburg Fla?......Lewisburg OK?.........please help the geographically challenged! :blink:

As far as entertainment, when I finish talks w/ the target hotel I'll be sure to post up a link to the Lewisburg Chamber Of Commerce & whoever is interested in finding alternate forms of entertainment or lodging can do so.

Heidi
Lewisburg TX?...Lewisburg Fla?......Lewisburg OK?.........please help the geographically challenged! :blink:
West bygod vergenny!

Hey Mamba, lets trailer the bikes up to the EOM to really give the others something to talk about. Lets ride to my mom's house in VA on Friday and have lunch. We'll be back home for a late dinner...about 1100 miles?

I'm with ya!....Lewisburg WV(now that I know which state) is 316 miles from home! And I've always wanted to tour "The Bunker" :clapping:

Where do I sign up? :dribble:

You's guys are funny. Entertainment huh? Maybe I should look into having naked women serving drinks while we kick tires & bench race (aka bullshittin' & lying) in the parking lot? 

Or maybe hire some semi-naked dancers to pose in the group FJR photo? For sure, that'd be a first at any of the meets.

BUT SERIOUSLY:

As far as entertainment, when I finish talks w/ the target hotel I'll be sure to post up a link to the Lewisburg, WV Chamber Of Commerce & whoever is interested in finding alternate forms of entertainment or lodging can do so. I have been busy with personal family health issues & haven't finished the hotel part so please give me a break where time is concerned. After all, it's not even Christmas yet.

I realize there are people that need to make vacation plans in advance. I think that it's safe to use the third weekend in September 2007 for planning purposes starting on that Friday. So meet time is Friday, Saturday, Sunday go home on Monday the 3rd weekend of September. If people want to arrive Thursday night & ride all day Friday there will be enough planned routes to go around unless you want to wing it... & believe me, there are plenty of good roads around to wing a day ride. I'll probably get there on Thursday, myself. I don't have a calendar in front of me to quote the actual day #'s but that is the weekend I'll be shooting for.

For those interested in alternate entertainment, they will be responsible for finding their own amusements. That is unless there is an attendee who'd like to be the whipping person for formal entertainment plans. I do believe the area supports some different types of stuff to do. I wouldn't count so much on seeing an off-broadway show or anything like that, though.

Jim & I plan to find a decent hotel w/ reasonable rates, make ride plans/routes, get a gathering spot for our giveaways & plan a FJR family dinner. There will probably be some other things mixed in there... like t-shirts, door prizes & such... But basically that is what we plan on doing. There is no chores added or subtracted from previous year's planning... BUT as time grows closer who knows what might pop up. Maybe a good spot for having lunch, etc.

Anyway, I think that it's safe to say that the 3rd weekend in September... Friday, Saturday & Sunday & go home on Monday are good for planning. I'll insert dates in here when I've got some.

Heidi

How far off broadway? The Year Round
Professional Theater of West Virginia and the little Carnegie Hall (yeah by the same original benefactor as the big un) downtown less than two miles from target motel and the American Heritage Music Hall, co-winner of the 2006 Spirit of West Virginia Award less than 10 miles away.

I'm with ya!....Lewisburg WV(now that I know which state) is 316 miles from home! And I've always wanted to tour "The Bunker" :clapping:  

Where do I sign up?
:dribble:

You don't have to sign up, just show up Sun @ 1 pm -
Bunker Tour :D