EOM '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg E.

Reaction score
Being relatively new to the forum, does EOM meet up just once a year? And if so, is it usually the same time each year?

I'm already trying to figure out vacation slots for next year.

Thanks,

-GSE-

Being relatively new to the forum, does EOM meet up just once a year? And if so, is it usually the same time each year?
I'm already trying to figure out vacation slots for next year.

Thanks,

-GSE-
Greg,

EOM'06 was the 2nd weekend of Sept, EOM '05 was the 3rd weekend of Sept.

And the EOM 04 was???????
And the EOM 03 was??????

Anybody old enough to remember that far back? :blink:

Let me think,

2004, Huricane Ivan 9/17/2004, that would make EOM 9/18-20 in Townsend, TN

2003, Huricane Isabel 9/19/2003, that would make EOM 9/19-22 in Front Royal and Staunton, VA

2002, No hurricane and my FJR didn't come in until a week after this EOM in NY, EOM 2002 was 1st weekend of October me thinks

It looks as though EOM has been held the most often the 3rd weekend of September. A great time of year if you're not experiencing a hurricane! Hahaha!!!

So, is anyone going to pick up responsibility for planning EOM '07?

I've got some thoughts on this subject. Stay tuned...

Nope, I'm not involved with picking the location this year. I've offered to help with website/registration/technical stuff as I can, but I'm not heading things up this year.

It looks as though EOM has been held the most often the 3rd weekend of September. A great time of year if you're not experiencing a hurricane! Hahaha!!!
So, is anyone going to pick up responsibility for planning EOM '07?

I've got some thoughts on this subject. Stay tuned...
Take a look at Elkins, WV. Just looking at Maps and Streets, it looks as though it might be an interesting area. Appears to have enough local lodging, although not too big. Just an idea : :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good idea Greg. I rode thru there this last June on the way to Nova Scotia and found 219 to be a terrific road. However, we need input from the guys that had a West VA ride earlier this year. Hope they'll make with the suggestions?

Jim

I'll say this much... The area that spklbuk & I are looking at for EOM '07 is in WV but isn't the Elkins area. I rode that area last year & it's an outstanding ride... but there is a large abundance of WV that is awesome riding. Nothing has been solidified or written in stone, though. It hasn't even been decided if we want to take this on... so if there are others that are interested in picking up EOM responsibility I'm sure that slanpop would be glad to hand that torch to you.

Heidi

If I knew I could make it I'd be willing to help out. As of right now I'm not sure I have enough vacation for a 3rd excursion next year. I'm already hitting Custer, SD and Sparta, NC next year.

Let me think,
2004, Huricane Ivan 9/17/2004, that would make EOM 9/18-20 in Townsend, TN

2003, Huricane Isabel 9/19/2003, that would make EOM 9/19-22 in Front Royal and Staunton, VA

2002, No hurricane and my FJR didn't come in until a week after this EOM in NY, EOM 2002 was 1st weekend of October me thinks
Very good ... I knew you would remember. :yahoo:

I been to 2004 and 2006

Heidi, I'd be happy to help where ever I can. Let's put it this way, it would give me an excuse to ride up to WVA, maybe several times.

Jim

Jim,

Try getting Brian Parsons involved. He has the time and is a very detailed person.

Rick Davis,

New Bern, NC

I'm familiar with Elkins and the surrounding area, having ridden there several times. Elkins is okay but it's no Boone. I think someplace further south and west in WV might offer better options for lodging and eating.

I'm willing to help with route recons and such. Keep me in the loop.

You guys will have have to let me know if you're passing through to go from NC to WV for scouting!

You will have to give me a four hour head start so that I can burn away 300 miles of I-40 to join!!!

:D

Last edited by a moderator: