EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize how good I had it before I retired last year - 30 days a year from day one. Now, starting over, I've got 10. Or rather, will have ten to earn once I'm out of the probationary period...

There are other members who are blessed with an unreasonable excessive amount of vacation days (cough - bikergeek - cough) that arrive early, stay later, and travel to other exotic locals.
And your point is.... ???
No doubt. 30 days of leave was pretty awesome...

Now, starting over, I've got 10. Or rather, will have ten to earn once I'm out of the probationary period...
Same here, went from 6 weeks down to 2.

Thats why NAFO is up in the air for me. I can spend ALL my time riding out and back to Castlegar for what amounts to a good long weekend. Or, I can spread it out and got to Breaks/SE OH/NERDS/EOM etc etc.

Besides, if I go to NAFO, I'll be staying out there.

It's all about quality miles now. I'd like to go out west, put faces to forum names, but just don't have the vacation time to burn now.
.. and this is why I did the 'big trip' out west 18 months ago. I knew I'd start working soon enough and most likely wouldn't have that kind of time available for another trip of that magnitude for a some time. Glad I did it. The side affect is I have a pretty good idea of what I'm missing in BC and would absolutely love to go back.

The Smokey/Appalachians are no slouch for scenery, riding, roads or hospitality. I've yet to see even 5% of what I want to see there. Throw in it's only 18hrs away and....

No, not September. You should take vacation right now, pack all of your mad scientist tools, and drive here. Spend some quality time "up north" to test the all wheel drive capabilities of you new ride, and while we wait for snow, you could knock out my fork service, relay arm service, valve check, brake, clutch, coolant, final drive, oil fluid change, and install the starcom....

Deal? wouldn't want you to lose any vacation time...

I have 20-days of use-or-lose vacation this year. Wonder if I should take all of September off??? :)

Vacations days.........what are they?

R
Those are what people that work for a living are rewarded with for their efforts. ;)
Many thanks to you, El Toro Joe! Like Richard, I was also confused by that term! It even took a while, since it has been almost three years now, for me to even recollect what that work thing was.

I even had to call up the Metro Mechanical Office in Phoenix so they could remind me of that work doohickey! My daily activities only consist of riding motorcycles and caring for Son Seth (15)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vacations days.........what are they?

R
Those are what people that work for a living are rewarded with for their efforts. ;)
Many thanks to you, El Toro Joe! Like Richard, I was also confused by that term! It even took a while, since it has been almost three years now, for me to even recollect what that work thing was.

I even had to call up the Metro Mechanical Office in Phoenix so they could remind me of that work doohickey! My daily activities only consist of riding motorcycles and caring for Son Seth (15)!
ya lucky retired bastards...I MIGHT get to retire when I die.

Good day all, any recommendations on where to find a great motorcycle friendly road map for NC/TN area?

AAA maps (NC & SC are on the same map) are not detailed enough to depict smaller roads...

Thanks!

Great links from Bikergeek and WheatonFJR.

We will also have GPS route files posted to FJREOM.com before the event. These will come from our mapping guru HaulinAshe and he always manages to put together more miles than we can squeeze in of must see / must do roads.

We typically post these about 30 prior to the event on the website in GPX format. If you are running a Garmin Zumo or similar GPS, you will be able to download them onto your GPS.

I've got some route files for that area if you're looking for some general riding earlier int he season - PM me if you're interested.

Wayne

Good day all, any recommendations on where to find a great motorcycle friendly road map for NC/TN area?

AAA maps (NC & SC are on the same map) are not detailed enough to depict smaller roads...

Thanks!