EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm, shaving locals!!!!!!what are we talking about now? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

R
That's what they do down there in the southeast. I thought that you were already prepared for all of that, Richard?

If you decide to hug the center-line just a bit too tight, one of the locals in their clapped out econobox cars will clip your rear bag and get rid of that pesky reflector for ya, toot sweet! :p

:eek:

But like MEM said, they come back and 'pologize... and it's all good. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, shaving locals!!!!!!what are we talking about now? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

R
It was a mutual shaving :D

The black mark was made when the car came in contact with the hard rubber/plastic trim/bumper (whatever it is) strip on an FJR sidecase when the 2 shared the centre line on a curve - travelling in opposite directions :unsure:

EOM-kids-and-wedding-148-M.jpg

Nah, If you hadn't tried to prove that Gen1 gas tanks are bigger than Gen2 I never would have found out the fjr is faster than a dozen attack dogs.

Where is that picture? :lol:

They were freekin' scary!!

IMG_1359.jpg

They weren't just Kentucky attack dogs. They were Kentucky Trailer Trash Attack dogs! :eek:
Yeah Yeah they looked real cute at first but that all changed as we were leaving.

imagesqtbnANd9GcTa7lbjOY-Lk58YRimqA.jpg

I suggested a new guy ride with a two up group, I thought he would be more comfortable.

That evening, how was your ride? "WTF they left me like I was standing still, I rode by myself"

Really, I'm sorry, I thought it would be a better pace.

It's cool I had a nice ride. Hmm.. describe the bike/guy in the lead?

Sorry again, that was Jeff Ashe. Oops

PM me if interested. Jerks need not apply. ;)
Hey!! You talkin' to me?

Just 'cause I (almost) ran myself outta gas on the Egg Rolls ride? Sheesh!! :p

That was a real nice day... :thumbsup:
+1000

Any time you make it back to base camp with almost all the pieces is a great day. Just Sayin! ;)

Dave

This is a invitation to folks on the fence about attending their first fjr event. I found it a bit awkward at my first fjr event to find people to ride with.

I did feel like an outsider. A guy from Oklahoma must of recognized the look and befriended me. Being new to the sport touring world I had know idea

if I could keep up on the rides. Even though it's been written many times (Ride Your Own Ride) I did not want to embarrass myself.

Second event was much easier as I had met another rider to attend the event with and there were a few there that I did meet at the first event.

I did get lucky at the last EOM and fell into a rather large group of riders that ran the Egg Rolls. I did not count but must have been a dozen bikes.

To my knowledge no one had an issue do to the size of the group. Some riders juggled position because they wanted to push a little harder.

So here is the invite, you can ride with me and not have to put any pressure on yourself. Here's the deal. If I am faster I'll wait for you at a turn.

If you are faster you wait for me. I will probably be with a few other riders at the event but they are of like mind.

PM me if interested. Jerks need not apply. ;)
I'll be one of the newbies at this event....Not my first rodeo, but certainly riding with a new pack...based on the last 12 pages of this forum post, it looks to be a grand event with grand folks! Very much looking forward to it!

Thanks for making it easy to find a small pack to ride with.... :rolleyes:

If I am faster I'll wait for you at a turn. If you are faster you wait for me.
Well said, and this is exactly the right mindset to have about any group ride. And it brings up a good point in that I need to do a better job at linking new attendees up with groups. Breaking the ice can be difficult for some and that's not a bad thing. We have never done formal "ride" sign ups, but I am contemplating putting something together for first timers.

Sorry again, that was Jeff Ashe. Oops
This was a humbling lesson for me - "this will be an easy ride, those guys are 2-up…" Right.

I'd like to remind everyone that if you have an idea / comment / suggestion / recommendation regarding EOM - we have a "feedback" page on FJREOM.com. Anything submitted there hits the email of the staff.

Submit your feedback here.

Now is the time to make these comments / suggests. A good idea kept to yourself until September 20th when you see me in the parking lot is no help with improving the event. And that is the goal - that every year continues to grow and improve every year.

If you have a question or comment that you don't want to post in front of the peanut gallery, you can use the "contact us" link as well.

So here is the invite, you can ride with me and not have to put any pressure on yourself. Here's the deal. If I am faster I'll wait for you at a turn.

If you are faster you wait for me. I will probably be with a few other riders at the event but they are of like mind.

I'll be one of the newbies at this event....Not my first rodeo, but certainly riding with a new pack...based on the last 12 pages of this forum post, it looks to be a grand event with grand folks! Very much looking forward to it!

Thanks for making it easy to find a small pack to ride with.... :rolleyes:
Hey Catch, No promise on the size of the group just the part about waiting for you at the turn. ;)

As you have observed there are there are some pretty good folk on this forum and the FJR

events attract them. You'll fit right in.

I'll PM you my phone number so we can meet up at EOM. Not that it will be hard to recognize me,

I'm the old guy on the black FJR. Most of the old guys ride the pretty color ones. :lol:

For the first-timers, I have come up with a handy method to determine who to ride with.

1. Go to the damn rally.

2. When you get there, get some beer (or other libations of your choice) and head to the parking lot.

2a. If fencer asks if you like strawberries / cherries / some kind of fruit, say no. Trust me. There's a reason why I know this.

3. When you get up the next morning, head to breakfast and look for others with the same level of altitude sickness. Chances are, if they're at breakfast at the same time as you are, they've got the same level of altitude sickness and you can ride with them.

Good plan B-G. Another strategy is to wait out front and see who trips over you on the way out the door.

DSC_0169.jpg

For the first-timers, I have come up with a handy method to determine who to ride with.

1. Go to the damn rally.

2. When you get there, get some beer (or other libations of your choice) and head to the parking lot.

2a. If fencer asks if you like strawberries / cherries / some kind of fruit, say no. Trust me. There's a reason why I know this.

3. When you get up the next morning, head to breakfast and look for others with the same level of altitude sickness. Chances are, if they're at breakfast at the same time as you are, they've got the same level of altitude sickness and you can ride with them.

Good plan B-G. Another strategy is to wait out front and see who trips over you on the way out the door.

DSC_0169.jpg
This is the first time I've seen that photo. That must the the hotel that asked us to park way down the lot far from the front door next time. :eek:

funny story (isn't there always?).

The name of this photo is "Zero Seven Hundred". So after much discussion the night before from a member of this group centered around the importance of an prompt departure, there they were waiting on the exact individual who made it a point that everyone was to be ready to roll at 7 am sharp. Zero 7 Hundred were his exact words, if I recall correctly. Now, when you're on vacation with your significant other, vacation being the key term there, it can be a tiny bit difficult to get things moving early in morning. But, most made it happen, even though they face near mutiny.

When it was discovered that the departure time would be adjusted to the right, the rest of the members decided to catch a quick cat nap while they waited...

This was EOM 2009, Johnson City, TN. You just can't make this stuff up. You have to be there, and it the reason while I will, so long as I'm able, be at EOM every year...

DSC_0169.jpg
This is the first time I've seen that photo. That must the the hotel that asked us to park way down the lot far from the front door next time. :eek:
Here's another picture from 2009 - Johnson City.

DSC_0208.jpg

EOM 11

This was taken half way up the side of a mtn, well past the chickens and the donkey's. Al looks like he's about to bust a cap in my ass for taking him up here. This is the GOOD part of the road.

Tip: Never be the first one to ride an unknown route.

IMG_1307.jpg

EOM 11

This was taken half way up the side of a mtn, well past the chickens and the donkey's. Al looks like he's about to bust a cap in my ass for taking him up here. This is the GOOD part of the road.

IMG_1307.jpg
Looks like an Audi road....

R

EOM 11

IMG_1307.jpg
Looks like an Audi road....

R
AWD spaying gravel everywhere :lol: