EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wait... I just looked that shock up on the Ohlins web site and that is a 2nd gen specific shock.

Will there be an alternate shock model available in the event that the winner owns a 1st gen bike?
The Marine is correct; Shock winner must have a Gen II. He/She must also be a resident of Buncombe County, NC. They also must have the Black Cherry year. (Can you see where this is leading?) Gen I winner will not only get a T-shirt, but a can-koozie as well.

OK, seriously, if winner has a Gen II, they get a YA-036 sprung for them. If the winner has a Gen I, uhhh, I'll get back with you guys in a day or two. I don't expect it to be a problem getting a YA-056 for the earlier bike, but I need to check. I'll post up as soon as I know what it will be.

No matter, you'll want to be there as this is shooting door-prize fish in a very small barrel.
Here's the update: Winner can choose from a YA-036 (Gen II) or a YA-056 (Gen I)

And to further sweeten the pot, the winner can throw some cash ($TBD) into the deal and upgrade to a YA-707 (full-featured Gen II) or a YA-342 (full-featured Gen I) if they desire.

I'll do my best to have all four shock choices on hand at the banquet with springs and a spring compressor. Bring your Roc-Straps. :yahoo:

How's that?

Holy cow, you da man Gary!

Here's the update: Winner can choose from a YA-036 (Gen II) or a YA-056 (Gen I)

And to further sweeten the pot, the winner can throw some cash ($TBD) into the deal and upgrade to a YA-707 (full-featured Gen II) or a YA-342 (full-featured Gen I) if they desire.

I'll do my best to have all four shock choices on hand at the banquet with springs and a spring compressor. Bring your Roc-Straps. :yahoo:

How's that?

This year seems to be shaping up pretty nicely. CAN NOT WAIT!! MY only suggestion for this year would be free beer, wait we had that last year. Thank god for the cager!! Thanks J.

Good day all, any recommendations on where to find a great motorcycle friendly road map for NC/TN area?

AAA maps (NC & SC are on the same map) are not detailed enough to depict smaller roads...

Thanks!
Try these folks

must have for riding in WNC

MAPSTORE002.jpg

MAPSTORE001.jpg

sample of detail

MAPSTORE003.jpg

product number 1095528, upc 24327 65801 0 28

Map? We donn need no steenking map!

If you got gasoline, you're not lost.

Holy cow BentAero!

You live in Asheville!?!? wow...I went there for a week's vacation and motorcycle touring...beautiful country....
Yep, 9 years now. One more year and I'll get my native residency permit. :yahoo:

I drive past the EOM host hotel twice every day. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Wayne chose to have EOM here. The only good road in the area is I-26.

I-26 is nice and straight there, correct? It will make for a good place to do some top end runs with the NOS bottle cracked open...

I drive past the EOM host hotel twice every day. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Wayne chose to have EOM here. The only good road in the area is I-26.

<snip>

As a side note, "off-roading" on a street bike like the FJR is not for everyone. It's a personal choice, and level of risk the rider has to be willing to accept. I see posts to the effect of you're an idiot to where's that road at again. If it's not for you, then fine. If it is, fine.

<snip>
As my friend Harley Huey says, "They're all dirt bikes, kid. Some just work better than others" :lol:

Anybody from Ohio care if I ride to Hendersonville with them. I will be riding solo. Would split a room with ya.

I live in north central part. Around the Loudonville,Mohican area,canoe capital of Ohio. Would be glad to meet up sometime this summer If you like.

... BentAero seems to have some pull with the powers that be within Ohlins USA. They have offered to host a tour of their Hendersonville facility on Friday the 21st of September for all EOM attendees.
Somehow I don't think sampling Ohlins suspension fluid will be as good as sampling the fluids at Buffalo Trace last year.

... BentAero seems to have some pull with the powers that be within Ohlins USA. They have offered to host a tour of their Hendersonville facility on Friday the 21st of September for all EOM attendees.
Somehow I don't think sampling Ohlins suspension fluid will be as good as sampling the fluids at Buffalo Trace last year.
That was a good time...except for the rain on the way there

Anybody from Ohio care if I ride to Hendersonville with them. I will be riding solo. Would split a room with ya.

I live in north central part. Around the Loudonville,Mohican area,canoe capital of Ohio. Would be glad to meet up sometime this summer If you like.
I'll be heading down 77 from Independence Oh. on Wednesday the 19th around noon, will spend the night in Wythville VA & take the BRP down Thursday

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a good time...except for the rain on the way there
Yeah it was!!

But it has cost me a lot of money since then as I have subsequently developed am unquenchable thirst for their Eagle Rare Single Barrel

Luckily for me they carry it at the State store here and it is on sale this month!

I'll be heading down 77 from Independence Oh. on Thursday around noon, will spend the night in Wythville VA & take the BRP down Friday
I'll keep that in mind. I have no plans yet. My time is pretty flexable. Thanks

There will typically be a "How you getting there" thread started around the end of July / beginning of August when people start to firm up their travel plans.

Annette and I will most likely detour easterly through SE Ohio on our way down. I hope to spend the better part of a week getting there...

Wayne

I'll be heading down 77 from Independence Oh. on Thursday around noon, will spend the night in Wythville VA & take the BRP down Friday
I'll keep that in mind. I have no plans yet. My time is pretty flexable. Thanks