EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we going to have our own Hunger Games in September???

Yeah it was!!

But it has cost me a lot of money since then as I have subsequently developed am unquenchable thirst for their Eagle Rare Single Barrel

Luckily for me they carry it at the State store here and it is on sale this month!
Make sure you bring some with you......

And Don Apple Pie!!!!!!!!!

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a schedule of events yet? Is Thursday an arrival day and Sunday departure or should we plan on staying Sun pm? Monday would be a better travel day. This will be my first meeting as you can tell.

Yeah it was!!

But it has cost me a lot of money since then as I have subsequently developed am unquenchable thirst for their Eagle Rare Single Barrel

Luckily for me they carry it at the State store here and it is on sale this month!
Make sure you bring some with you......

R
I always travel with a "road bottle". I can't see any reason not to make it Eagle Rare!

Just to rub it in, it's only $22 a fifth (on sale) here in the "Drink Free or Die" state. :p

Do you have a schedule of events yet? Is Thursday an arrival day and Sunday departure or should we plan on staying Sun pm? Monday would be a better travel day. This will be my first meeting as you can tell.
We don't have anything finalized yet, but here is the general scheme;

Thursday - Arrival (or earlier if your schedule permits), & park lot social, sleep.

Friday - Wake up, Ride, dinner meal, parking lot social, sleep.

Saturday - wake up, Ride, parking lot social / group photo, Dinner Banquet & door prize raffle, parking lot social, sleep.

Sunday - wake up, Ride (to home if you have to, or return to hotel if you can), parking lot social sleep.

Monday - OFP. (own freakin' program).

Right now, I'm planning on heading southeasterly from Michigan Monday and spending quality days off the expressway getting to Hendersonville. Definitely will be swinging east through WV.

Wow, first reply here on the "new board" :rolleyes:

There must be a zillion new folks here that I have never met <_< How cool is that :lol:

Well, my lovely wife and I will be at the 2012 EOM meeting !! We were there back in 2005ish or so.......2006? Wonder what happened to the ole 2003 ticker !!!

As for this week if any of you have some time on your hands......meet the FJR HOONS in Piedmont MO this weekend !!!! We love surprises and I can tell you this...........if you can keep up with these guys in the twisties, then you have some kahoonahs.......it is the closest thing to FJR MotoGP that there is ;) Incredible riders.......all of them.

Boof

03 FJR

05 FJR

07 FJR

09 FJR

And a bunch other's !!

Since we had a couple of days left on our spring break vacation, the wife and I loaded up the FJR and headed up the NC this past Friday and Saturday. The wife enjoys quilting and we hit several small (and larger) towns across the mountains looking for quilt shops. Friday started out cold and overcast with some light drizzle, so after a quick stop at WM in Cleveland GA (got a nice Haynes sweatshirt for $1 on clearance) we got back on the road to Murphy. Ended up hitting Franklin, Waynesville, a nice section of the BRP, a quick stop in Asheville, and spent the night in Hendersonville. Stayed at the Hampton right next to the Quality Inn and after spending the evening down on main street, I must say we cannot wait for EOM. Really enjoyed our dinner and the window shopping. Only negative was the street construction right in the heart of main street. Looked like they were close to being finished but the fill was full of ruts and loose gravel. Looks like a great base of operations for this year’s event. Was surprised the local motorcycle shop (Kaw) in downtown was closed when we went by there Saturday morning. Might have had them install a new tire for me if they were open. I knew the tire was close to its end before we left, but did not think it would go that quickly. Took it easy on the way home and stayed on the major roads just in case. Made it home Saturday evening with just the first hint of belts showing. Both of us are looking forward to getting back up there this fall. Should be some great roads and lots of fun.

Only negative was the street construction right in the heart of main street. Looked like they were close to being finished but the fill was full of ruts and loose gravel. Looks like a great base of operations for this year’s event. Was surprised the local motorcycle shop (Kaw) in downtown was closed when we went by there Saturday morning.
Bull,

Glad the two of you enjoyed your visit. Re: Main St., unlike most road projects around here, that one is being completed at a dizzying pace. It was already a very nice 'main st.' before they decided to give it a facelift, and when completed will be first-rate. Since the City of H'ville bows to the tourist dollar, they'll have it all completed before Memorial Day Weekend.

Dal-Kawa Suzuki/Kawasaki does indeed keep weird hours. H'ville also has Harper's Yamaha, Moto-Nexis Aprilia/Moto Guzzi, and Schroeder's Honda for your tire & accessory needs.

Asheville has M-R Motorcycle which carries the Big-4, Myers Motorcycle which is Ducati/Triumph, and Eurosport Asheville which carries BMW/Husqvarna.

...did they pave the back way out of Burkes Garden yet?
That sounds like a contest for FJR riders.

First one to video their ascent AND descent on the Burkes Garden back road WINS! :yahoo:
So should I build a trailer and bring my WR450F or would that be considered cheating??
dntknw.gif

...did they pave the back way out of Burkes Garden yet?
That sounds like a contest for FJR riders.

First one to video their ascent AND descent on the Burkes Garden back road WINS! :yahoo:
So should I build a trailer and bring my WR450F or would that be considered cheating??
dntknw.gif
If anyone could down it on the FJR, you should be able to do it. The only question is if you could do it better before or after a six pack of Molson.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone could down it on the FJR, you should be able to do it. The only question is if you could do it better before or after a six pack of Molson.
I only had one occasion to go riding after consuming a better part of a poverty pack. I has riding the Canal banks with a friend and it was very hot. The beers were particularly refreshing that day and I had about four or five without really thinking about it.

Just as I left my buddy's place one of Niagara's Finest started following me in his cruiser.

I was not in the mood to get pulled over so I cut onto a trail. All was fine until I came up on a deep ditch that I have jumped many times before.

I remember seeing sky, ground, sky, ground and then the dust settling. I needed a sledgehammer to straighten out the sub- frame.

After that experience I swore off drinking & riding.

I only had one occasion to go riding after consuming a better part of a poverty pack. I has riding the Canal banks with a friend and it was very hot. The beers were particularly refreshing that day and I had about four or five without really thinking about it.

Just as I left my buddy's place one of Niagara's Finest started following me in his cruiser.

I was not in the mood to get pulled over so I cut onto a trail. All was fine until I came up on a deep ditch that I have jumped many times before.

I remember seeing sky, ground, sky, ground and then the dust settling. I needed a sledgehammer to straighten out the sub- frame.

After that experience I swore off drinking & riding.

I hate concussions. :D

I made some good progress on EOM "stuff" Thursday when I stopped in Hendersonville. A quick tour at Ohlins (Thanks Gary!), Harper Cycles is on board now, along with Fast Bike Industries. I'll be working out details this week and post an update to the EOM website!

btw, the Burkes Garden back door deal only counts if your on a FJR (yamafitter...)

And BikerGeek is going to put together a round of "biker games" for EOM after how popular they were at the SE Ohio Ramble! Hopefully, UselessPickles will make the trip to defend his slow ride championship title...

Wayne

So Andy is gonna incorporate the Hardley ryders hot dog swallowing thingy? and maybe have a burnout pit? LOL This should be a hoot!

Latest posts