Team Lyle Alamo Express Registration Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
I am pleased to announce the Team Lyle Alamo Express:

https://www.teamlyle-alamoexpress.com/

This will be an All-Nevada BBG starting and ending in Alamo, Nevada, on May 18-20. If getting up and riding the ET highway as the sun rises sounds like fun, then this is the ride for you. We have found the optimum route for a BBG from that location that works well for bikes with fuel cells as well as those that only have a stock tank.

As of right now, there are exactly 7 All-Nevada BBGs certified on the IBA list: 5 from the White Pine Fever rally, one by Reno John, and one by Nathan, the rider who won the second Nevada 1099 rally. I feel that this is a travesty, there should be more Nevada BBGs, as Nevada is the best state in the Union to complete a BBG. And I am willing to go to Jacksonville and tell Greg Rice and John Ryan that to their faces!!!

What makes this special is that there is a minimum amount of Interstate Highway (12%) and you will be leap frogging other riders throughout the event. Plus, you get an almost complete end-to-end run on the Nevada portions of both US-50 and US-6, with 180 miles on I-80 as a mid-ride refresher and an early morning run on the famous Extraterrestrial Highway.

The only fee for this will be a donation to Eddies Road. And thanks to the generous door prizes contributed by LD Comfort, there is a possibility you will walk away with an LD Comfort product worth as much as your donation!

Doug Barrett

IBA #456

Rally Master

Brian Casey

IBA #25,366

Route Master

Jerry White

IBA #386

Consultant

So, say if some crazed bastard thinks that 1520 miles or so in 24 hours in Nevada is for girls that wear pretty dresses and wants to do a 'real man's' 1800+ BBG all in Nevada, you got a route for that big boy?

Huh? Well, do ya?

:p

And what the freak is 'White Pine Fever'? ;)

SkooterG

IBA #327

Shit Stirrer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm...........

Tell your 'Consultant'- Mr 'White' that on a REAL ride like this, he should be riding a REAL bike like an FJR, NOT the Queen Mary.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have 14 riders signed up as of now, but only two FJRs, and absolutely no GEN 2s among the entries. Am I going to be the only Gen 2 riding this?

Due to popular demand, I am offering a BBG+ route that is an All-Nevada 1800+ miles in 24. Naturally, both FJRs are signed up for this alternative.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]