Team Strange 2012 Events

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having ridden my first (and only) rally last yr, the MN1K, I am really looking forward to this years rally. Was a lot of fun and a bit of an eye opener (notice I am not entered in the ButtLite).

The new "twist" to the MN1K 24 hr. is kinda intrigueing, 36 hrs option. Sounds fun.

Just sent in my entry form this past week. I need to correct what I said earlier about "sounds fun". Thinking about just how far away that bonus might be. A person could almost ride out to Cheyenne and back in 36 hrs. Either way, some serious seat time.

However, the Rally Bastard has stated that riding to and back from the first bonus for the 36 hour format is possible within 24 hours. With that in mind you can make the distance to the first bonus a little bit less.

Just sent in my entry form this past week. I need to correct what I said earlier about "sounds fun". Thinking about just how far away that bonus might be. A person could almost ride out to Cheyenne and back in 36 hrs. Either way, some serious seat time.
Actually, you can go a little further than that :huh: like to Hell's Half Acre.

P1010001-1.jpg

Actually, you can go a little further than that :huh: like to Hell's Half Acre.

P1010001-1.jpg
While that is possible, I again point out that they said the first stop for the 36 hours riders was within a 24 hour window from the start location. Hells Half Acre could be done in 24 hours, but it would be one heck of a kick in the nads.

The reality of the MN1K as being just around the corner hit me today with the receipt of Bart's email.

I think I'm more nervous this yr for what will be my second rally than I was before last years rally.

Funny how nervousness and anticipation feels at the same time.