Wife is looking at a 2009 Ninja 650R tomorrow.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad you asked this question. My wife invented and patented a product specifically for long hair riders. It is called the wrapter and we have been pretty succesful the past two years selling them online and at the motorcycle shows. If anyone wants one for their wife send me a PM.

It rolls up like a condom (hair protection) :D her website is here Clicky
I hope you don't mind but I have a daughter, nieces and lady friends who are sports minded (from snow skiing/snow boarding to softball to hiking/fishing/rock climbing) so I've put the link on my facebook page.

They're always looking for solutions and this may just fit the bill for them.

I'm so glad you asked this question. My wife invented and patented a product specifically for long hair riders. It is called the wrapter and we have been pretty succesful the past two years selling them online and at the motorcycle shows. If anyone wants one for their wife send me a PM.

I hope you don't mind but I have a daughter, nieces and lady friends who are sports minded (from snow skiing/snow boarding to softball to hiking/fishing/rock climbing) so I've put the link on my facebook page.

They're always looking for solutions and this may just fit the bill for them.
Dont mind at all. I appreciate the help spreading the word.

Waaaay kewel!

Next, are you going to look into hard bags for it?

;)
I have a Nelson Rig soft bag set up I bought for my old Ninja 11 years ago. It worked pretty good on my wifes Ninja during our trip to yosemite last year. I did buy a Givi soft luggage rack to keep it off the tires.

DSC04608.jpg

Congratulations!!! And I also sent the link to my wife. She said she is going to order a couple. That is a great idea! Wife is always complaining about her hair. She even cut it short (for her. it's shoulder length now. Where it used to be to her lower back) because it was always in the way riding.

My questions is where does she put all that hair when riding? I know it won't fit in the helmet :p

bigbear09026.jpg
Nice product Ynot.. Thanks for the link. Just ordered Deb one .. in pink of course :)

Well because of our schedules & the weather, tonight was the first time my wife had a chance to ride her new bike. She followed me on the FJR and we did a 45 min. "test" ride basically. I took here down a variety of country roads and then came back up through town. For someone who hasn't ridden her own bike in nearly 2yrs and having never ridden a sport bike before in her life she did quite well. At each stop sign we came to I looked over and she was smiling ear to ear! :lol:

When we got home I asked her what she thought. Besides it just being a huge change from riding a HD overall she said she liked it. The clutch was fine, shifting was a lot easier, she said the bike felt comfortable, it felt light, she likes the digital speedo & tach...etc. The biggest thing she said she has to get used to is how "responsive" the throttle is.

So the test ride was a success. We're gonna go ride for a good 2hr - 3hrs tomorrow and let her stretch her legs a little more on the Ninja. :yahoo: