The many reasons to attend EOM 2012, round 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentAero

Reaction score
It was yet another freak warm weather week here in Western NC, so the FJR went out for exercise yesterday, and the SV today. While out riding around the area I started thinking about why people would come here for EOM.

There are as many reasons to attend EOM as there are riders who will be here, but one in particular sticks out more than the others.

Some riders will come for this:

2012-02-05160919.jpg

Others will come for this:

2012-02-05161109-1.jpg

Some might want to see this: (10 minutes from downtown Hendersonville)

6286515-md.jpg

Ride past this: (Remember the movie of the same name starring Jude Law & Nicole Kidman?)

2012-02-05152044.jpg

Or this:

1307813335086.jpg

Or this: (Scenes from "Last of the Mohicans" and "Dirty Dancing" were filmed here)

AboveChimneyRock4.jpg

Or maybe visit this hillbilly shack: (Fifteen different motion pictures have had scenes filmed here)

Front3.jpg

All these things are just a short ride from H'ville, but I submit the #1 reason to attend EOM has nothing to do with riding, at least not directly anyway. And it's low cost too; 70 cents to be exact.

This is why you need to come to Hendersonville:

2012-02-04161152.jpg

That's right Ladies and Germs, a donut. There are only three places

to get a truly perfect chocolate donut in these United States; Winchells in southern Kalifornica, Louie's Bakery in Marshall, MI, and McFarlan's in downtown Hendersonville, NC.

2012-02-04160800.jpg

2012-02-04160824.jpg

You can get a donut anywhere, but it ain't a McFarlan donut. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn...you had to show the donut, di incha? Now...I've got some real decisions to make. Family trip or NC donut run....

Decisions....decisions.

Awesome marketing right there. The worst part about EOM this year is going to be choosing where to go and what to see - you won't be able to fit it all in over a weekend...

Thanks Gary!

NICE!!!

Boy oh boy ....if I had to choose between NAFO and EOM-in-Hendersonville, I might have to go with EOM :D

Hopefully, I won't have to choose ;)

Definitely in for Hendersonville. Looking forward to it as I have been since last September when we left Cumberland Falls.

Snuck in a quick ride Sunday. Rode up to Canada.

Oh Canada

Georgia Roller is HighRollin around the same neighborhood that we ride in, so I'm embarrassed to even whip out my Kodak 110 instamatic. But here I couldn't resist. We used a short section of the BRP to get over to the road back down. Stopped at Devil's staircase to stretch the legs.

To

devilsstaircase022.jpg

From, the tiny speck on the left is the FJR

devilsstaircase002.jpg

The sky was clear, temps cool and traffic surprisingly light

devilsstaircase009.jpg

Wow, what a ride. I hope to get my hands on the kids' GoPro before we go back-soon. If the EOM route crew is taking requests- Canada please.

Snuck in a quick ride Sunday. Rode up to Canada.

Oh Canada

Georgia Roller is HighRollin around the same neighborhood that we ride in, so I'm embarrassed to even whip out my Kodak 110 instamatic. But here I couldn't resist. We used a short section of the BRP to get over to the road back down. Stopped at Devil's staircase to stretch the legs.

To

devilsstaircase022.jpg

From, the tiny speck on the left is the FJR

devilsstaircase002.jpg

The sky was clear, temps cool and traffic surprisingly light

devilsstaircase009.jpg

Wow, what a ride. I hope to get my hands on the kids' GoPro before we go back-soon. If the EOM route crew is taking requests- Canada please.
Great post!

If I can make EOM, I might ride up to Canada as well! Man I love Canada!

I'm going to McFarlans donut shop, already been to all that other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right Ladies and Germs, a donut. There are only three placesto get a truly perfect chocolate donut in these United States; Winchells in southern Kalifornica, Louie's Bakery in Marshall, MI, and McFarlan's in downtown Hendersonville, NC.

You can get a donut anywhere, but it ain't a McFarlan donut. :yahoo:
Ok, I have not tried the three that you have mentioned here...but from your comments I am going to say that you should visit Ralph's Donuts in Cookeville Tennessee while you are in the neighborhood. I consider Ralph's the best, so good that my wife and I make the 140 miles each way trip over to pick some up several times a year. I will definitely be trying out your "McFarlan's".