#281 El Toro Joe

El Toro Joe

FYYFF

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

I never could understand why Canadians would come down here & stock up on Budweiser :huh: , when they have great beer in their own country

Take the long way home VisitedStatesMap-2-1.jpgnc_camping_final.gifEOM11signaturegraphic50x100.pngSEOhioRamble1.gifEOM2012Signature.png

#282 Intech

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

That's why they put those bear beer lockers at some of the campgrounds in the Smokies...keeps the Canadians away from it. There's nothing worse than a rampaging Canadian on the prowl for beer in the middle of the night; those lockers are lifesavers! :lol:

Well we Cdns usually bring our own palatable beverages with us. The problem is you Americans. Hell, I've had a beer literally taken out of my hands while I was drinking it! (points at Scoops)

So at the end of the night when we need a beer, we're left to our instincts and that means foraging for whatever is available. Kinna like a bear who'll eat the wrapper off your steak from the garbage. We want the steak, but well, we'll settle for American Beer in a pinch.

Come on Steve! We all know what you do in the middle of the night ina campground!

No fancy signature line. Too many meets to try and keep up with the icons.

#283 Bungie

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts
  • Bike: 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

Come on Steve! We all know what you do in the middle of the night ina campground!

Guess you've never had to shit out a steak wrapper then.
100K04CLUB.jpgbanner.gifSWFOG2010.gifNAFO2010.jpgSEOhioRamble.gif

#284 wheatonFJR

wheatonFJR

Carpetbagger

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,248 posts
  • Bike: 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

Guess you've never had to shit out a steak wrapper then.

You guys keep this up...yer gonna have the campground to yourselves...:lol:

Wicking it up in the Carolina Mtns...

#285 El Toro Joe

El Toro Joe

FYYFF

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

I just talked with Austin at Breaks. He informed me that as long as no other group have the site reserved on the 17th, that folks arriving before the 4p.m. checkin time on the 18th will be able to check in early :yahoo:

Take the long way home VisitedStatesMap-2-1.jpgnc_camping_final.gifEOM11signaturegraphic50x100.pngSEOhioRamble1.gifEOM2012Signature.png

#286 luvtoride

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts
  • Bike: 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

I just talked with Austin at Breaks. He informed me that as long as no other group have the site reserved on the 17th, that folks arriving before the 4p.m. checkin time on the 18th will be able to check in early :yahoo:

Good news Joe!

Also, good news (to me, anyhow). Looking at my pay stub, it looks to me like I may be accruing some vacation leave now that I've been @ my job more than 6 months.

I need to ask my boss about it to be absolutely sure, but I think that I do & I'm going to be able to use it.

That means that I will be taking all of Thursday off instead of leaving here @ noonish... & we will be able to meet you guys @ HMNP on Thursday afternoon. :yahoo:

Is it May, yet?!?!
Shut up and Ride!!!

Godspeed TWN. We miss you.

#287 El Toro Joe

El Toro Joe

FYYFF

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Good news Joe!

Also, good news (to me, anyhow). Looking at my pay stub, it looks to me like I may be accruing some vacation leave now that I've been @ my job more than 6 months.

I need to ask my boss about it to be absolutely sure, but I think that I do & I'm going to be able to use it.

That means that I will be taking all of Thursday off instead of leaving here @ noonish... & we will be able to meet you guys @ HMNP on Thursday afternoon. :yahoo:

Is it May, yet?!?!

That's great Heidi! Yeah, I can't wait either

#288 Intech

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

Good news Joe!

Is it May, yet?!?!

Well hell! Now I will just have to take the whole day off, so we can hook up and have fun on the way.

#289 luvtoride

luvtoride

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

Good news Joe!

Is it May, yet?!?!

Well hell! Now I will just have to take the whole day off, so we can hook up and have fun on the way.

Awesome Bob! & I confirmed on Friday... I am not seeing things when I am visually seeing "vacation hours" on my pay stub... & I do actually have over a week vacation accrued at this time & I can use it. I was told to verify the hours by my boss who would like to see me @ work 24-7 & doesn't want me to have vacation. lol! It's great to be loved again!

On a completely different note: you missed absolutely ideal weather for riding this past weekend. Jay, Andrea, Nelson & I missed you this past weekend. The company was awesome!
Shut up and Ride!!!

#290 Intech

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

Good news Joe!

Is it May, yet?!?!

Awesome Bob! & I confirmed on Friday... I am not seeing things when I am visually seeing "vacation hours" on my pay stub... & I do actually have over a week vacation accrued at this time & I can use it. I was told to verify the hours by my boss who would like to see me @ work 24-7 & doesn't want me to have vacation. lol! It's great to be loved again!

On a completely different note: you missed absolutely ideal weather for riding this past weekend. Jay, Andrea, Nelson & I missed you this past weekend. The company was awesome!

I rode to work if that counts!

#291 luvtoride

luvtoride

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

Let's keep in touch about possibly hooking up to ride together. I am assuming that you will come south down the 81 corridor-ish. (not particularly 81.. but thereabouts) I am assuming that we'll be coming across 460 or 58. I'd assume that we could hook up for part of the ride in. We could likely meet somewhere around Roanoke or the like.
Shut up and Ride!!!

#292 El Toro Joe

El Toro Joe

FYYFF

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

Well now...I might just have to take the entire day on Thursday off as well...maybe meet you guys somewhere for lunch. :yahoo:

#293 luvtoride

luvtoride

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Well now...I might just have to take the entire day on Thursday off as well...maybe meet you guys somewhere for lunch. :yahoo:

Awesome Joe!
Shut up and Ride!!!

#294 El Toro Joe

El Toro Joe

FYYFF

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Awesome Joe!

I could probably make it to Wytheville VA by around 12:30 for lunch

#295 Intech

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Awesome Joe!

One more day of this fecking outage and I will get my head clear and make some definite plans. Wythville area sounds good to me.

#296 El Toro Joe

El Toro Joe

FYYFF

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

Awesome Joe!

One more day of this fecking outage and I will get my head clear and make some definite plans. Wythville area sounds good to me.

Yeah...I need a break from work myself...before I get myself fired :unsure:

#297 blrfjr

blrfjr

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Maybe Im gettin antsy but just thought I'd let y'all know there is ONLY 1 month, 6 days, 9 hours and 25 min.(from the time of this post) till I leave for Breaks Interstate Park. Which will be 07:30 on 5/17. All my PM is done on the bike, I cant wait! I'll be taking a sceenic route on thursday and it should be a long days ride to get there. Havnt decided where i will spend thursday night yet. Might just stop when I get tired and find a hotel somewhere, I dunno. I know we have a few new members in my neck o the woods, so if anyone wants to ride along thats fine with me. Pm me or post up on here.

Bryan

Bryan

Life is good!

#298 blrfjr

blrfjr

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

And yes, I have one of those countdown timers for all three of my FJR adventures for this year running. I'll be doing the BRP with the wife in june and EOM in September.

Bryan

Life is good!

#299 El Toro Joe

El Toro Joe

FYYFF

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Maybe Im gettin antsy but just thought I'd let y'all know there is ONLY 1 month, 6 days, 9 hours and 25 min.(from the time of this post) till I leave for Breaks Interstate Park. Which will be 07:30 on 5/17. All my PM is done on the bike, I cant wait! I'll be taking a sceenic route on thursday and it should be a long days ride to get there. Havnt decided where i will spend thursday night yet. Might just stop when I get tired and find a hotel somewhere, I dunno. I know we have a few new members in my neck o the woods, so if anyone wants to ride along thats fine with me. Pm me or post up on here.

Bryan

Bryan,
Looks like several of us will be spending Thursday night at Hungry Mother State Park. Your welcome to join us...

http://www.dcr.virgi...parks/hun.shtml

#300 SLK50

SLK50

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Bryan

Bryan,
Looks like several of us will be spending Thursday night at Hungry Mother State Park. Your welcome to join us...

http://www.dcr.virgi...parks/hun.shtml

For me, Hungry Mother is a bit South and would make for a very long day in the saddle.
( About 10-12 hours, not too bad if I was moteling. )
Anyone want to meet a little further North? I was thinking of staying at Watoga SP Thurs evening.