2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why they put those bear beer lockers at some of the campgrounds in the Smokies...keeps the Canadians away from it. There's nothing worse than a rampaging Canadian on the prowl for beer in the middle of the night; those lockers are lifesavers! :lol:
Well we Cdns usually bring our own palatable beverages with us. The problem is you Americans. Hell, I've had a beer literally taken out of my hands while I was drinking it! (points at Scoops)

So at the end of the night when we need a beer, we're left to our instincts and that means foraging for whatever is available. Kinna like a bear who'll eat the wrapper off your steak from the garbage. We want the steak, but well, we'll settle for American Beer in a pinch.

I never could understand why Canadians would come down here & stock up on Budweiser :huh: , when they have great beer in their own country

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why they put those bear beer lockers at some of the campgrounds in the Smokies...keeps the Canadians away from it. There's nothing worse than a rampaging Canadian on the prowl for beer in the middle of the night; those lockers are lifesavers! :lol:
Well we Cdns usually bring our own palatable beverages with us. The problem is you Americans. Hell, I've had a beer literally taken out of my hands while I was drinking it! (points at Scoops)

So at the end of the night when we need a beer, we're left to our instincts and that means foraging for whatever is available. Kinna like a bear who'll eat the wrapper off your steak from the garbage. We want the steak, but well, we'll settle for American Beer in a pinch.
Come on Steve! We all know what you do in the middle of the night ina campground!

I just talked with Austin at Breaks. He informed me that as long as no other group have the site reserved on the 17th, that folks arriving before the 4p.m. checkin time on the 18th will be able to check in early :yahoo:

I just talked with Austin at Breaks. He informed me that as long as no other group have the site reserved on the 17th, that folks arriving before the 4p.m. checkin time on the 18th will be able to check in early :yahoo:
Good news Joe!

Also, good news (to me, anyhow). Looking at my pay stub, it looks to me like I may be accruing some vacation leave now that I've been @ my job more than 6 months.

I need to ask my boss about it to be absolutely sure, but I think that I do & I'm going to be able to use it.

That means that I will be taking all of Thursday off instead of leaving here @ noonish... & we will be able to meet you guys @ HMNP on Thursday afternoon. :yahoo:

Is it May, yet?!?!

Good news Joe!

Also, good news (to me, anyhow). Looking at my pay stub, it looks to me like I may be accruing some vacation leave now that I've been @ my job more than 6 months.

I need to ask my boss about it to be absolutely sure, but I think that I do & I'm going to be able to use it.

That means that I will be taking all of Thursday off instead of leaving here @ noonish... & we will be able to meet you guys @ HMNP on Thursday afternoon. :yahoo:

Is it May, yet?!?!
That's great Heidi! Yeah, I can't wait either

Good news Joe!

Is it May, yet?!?!
Well hell! Now I will just have to take the whole day off, so we can hook up and have fun on the way.

Good news Joe!

Is it May, yet?!?!
Well hell! Now I will just have to take the whole day off, so we can hook up and have fun on the way.
Awesome Bob! & I confirmed on Friday... I am not seeing things when I am visually seeing "vacation hours" on my pay stub... & I do actually have over a week vacation accrued at this time & I can use it. I was told to verify the hours by my boss who would like to see me @ work 24-7 & doesn't want me to have vacation. lol! It's great to be loved again!

On a completely different note: you missed absolutely ideal weather for riding this past weekend. Jay, Andrea, Nelson & I missed you this past weekend. The company was awesome!

Good news Joe!

Is it May, yet?!?!
Awesome Bob! & I confirmed on Friday... I am not seeing things when I am visually seeing "vacation hours" on my pay stub... & I do actually have over a week vacation accrued at this time & I can use it. I was told to verify the hours by my boss who would like to see me @ work 24-7 & doesn't want me to have vacation. lol! It's great to be loved again!

On a completely different note: you missed absolutely ideal weather for riding this past weekend. Jay, Andrea, Nelson & I missed you this past weekend. The company was awesome!
I rode to work if that counts!

Let's keep in touch about possibly hooking up to ride together. I am assuming that you will come south down the 81 corridor-ish. (not particularly 81.. but thereabouts) I am assuming that we'll be coming across 460 or 58. I'd assume that we could hook up for part of the ride in. We could likely meet somewhere around Roanoke or the like.

Well now...I might just have to take the entire day on Thursday off as well...maybe meet you guys somewhere for lunch. :yahoo:

Well now...I might just have to take the entire day on Thursday off as well...maybe meet you guys somewhere for lunch. :yahoo:
Awesome Joe!
I could probably make it to Wytheville VA by around 12:30 for lunch
One more day of this fecking outage and I will get my head clear and make some definite plans. Wythville area sounds good to me.
Yeah...I need a break from work myself...before I get myself fired :unsure:

Maybe Im gettin antsy but just thought I'd let y'all know there is ONLY 1 month, 6 days, 9 hours and 25 min.(from the time of this post) till I leave for Breaks Interstate Park. Which will be 07:30 on 5/17. All my PM is done on the bike, I cant wait! I'll be taking a sceenic route on thursday and it should be a long days ride to get there. Havnt decided where i will spend thursday night yet. Might just stop when I get tired and find a hotel somewhere, I dunno. I know we have a few new members in my neck o the woods, so if anyone wants to ride along thats fine with me. Pm me or post up on here.

Bryan

And yes, I have one of those countdown timers for all three of my FJR adventures for this year running. I'll be doing the BRP with the wife in june and EOM in September.

Maybe Im gettin antsy but just thought I'd let y'all know there is ONLY 1 month, 6 days, 9 hours and 25 min.(from the time of this post) till I leave for Breaks Interstate Park. Which will be 07:30 on 5/17. All my PM is done on the bike, I cant wait! I'll be taking a sceenic route on thursday and it should be a long days ride to get there. Havnt decided where i will spend thursday night yet. Might just stop when I get tired and find a hotel somewhere, I dunno. I know we have a few new members in my neck o the woods, so if anyone wants to ride along thats fine with me. Pm me or post up on here.

Bryan
Bryan,

Looks like several of us will be spending Thursday night at Hungry Mother State Park. Your welcome to join us...

https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/hun.shtml