2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you guys will get a lot more than 10 people...I would guess 30-40 minimum. That Breaks is an awesome place...visited it on the way to EOM...scouting it out.

Joe, keep track of who is interested in the first post and watch that list grow!! :clapping:

I bet you guys will get a lot more than 10 people...I would guess 30-40 minimum. That Breaks is an awesome place...visited it on the way to EOM...scouting it out.

Joe, keep track of who is interested in the first post and watch that list grow!! :clapping:
Thanks Mark...I'll do that. I was hoping to get a little more interest in this camping meet. We'll see what happens

Very interested here. Just can't commit to anything at the moment.
That's ok...I'm hoping to get enough interested folks so it won't be an issue to get the Group Camp Site. That way as more people decide to go, the cheaper it gets for everyone :yahoo:

You can count on quite a few people going. Whoever misses may be very sorry. This is a great riding area. Did you also post this over on the other playground? I haven't been over there in a minute & don't know.

& Joe, you plan to go, right? I don't see your name on the attendees list.

You can count on quite a few people going. Whoever misses may be very sorry. This is a great riding area. Did you also post this over on the other playground? I haven't been over there in a minute & don't know.

Yes...I will be there. Heidi, I'm not in a position to put up the $244 for the group camp site and then have people not show up if they end up calling for rain that weekend. If I can get 7 other people to commit financially, then I could make the reservation. The more people we get...the cheaper it'll be for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes...I will be there. Heidi, I'm not in a position to put up the $244 for the group camp site and then have people not show up if they end up calling for rain that weekend. If I can get 7 other people to commit financially, then I could make the reservation. The more people we get...the cheaper it'll be for everyone
Oh, I completely understand. & when you're ready for funds, do let me know. & I'm betting Jay will want in on this trip. Maybe even Jim Meadows.

Oh, I completely understand. & when you're ready for funds, do let me know. & I'm betting Jay will want in on this trip. Maybe even Jim Meadows.
Jim has got plans for that weekend already :(

Sounds like this campin thang is a go-go. Should we be reserving our sites individually or as a group? It would be nice if our sites were in the same neighborhood. Anybody know the best way to do this? Also as I looked at the tent-only sites, it didnt look like they had that many but Im not sure. I would think that a place that big would have a lot of tent sites.

Bryan
Bryan,

I does look like they only have 9 tents sites @ $15 a night, (1) tent per site (that kinda sucks). I will try to contact someone at the park to find out if I can get a block of campsites, or if we're gonna be on our own. I have an e-mail to them, but have not heard back yet. They do have a Group Camp Ground that will accomodate 90 people, for $122 a night. That might be the way to go...if I get enough interest
Yah the group site route seems like the way to go. If you could get 7 people who would definatly go it would still be 15 bucks a night. If you can get 6 I'll be #7.
Yeah, I would need some money up front to reserve the group site...I think we could bring the price down to $10 an night pretty easily...come on people who's in?
Hey Joe count me in :yahoo: Im getting a nasty case o cabin fever Im so ready. I dont like sittin on fences. I just hope they arnt gonna be sticklers on how many bikes can be on that group site. You might end up with 30+ bikes witch would be awesome!!

Hey Joe count me in :yahoo: Im getting a nasty case o cabin fever Im so ready. I dont like sittin on fences. I just hope they arnt gonna be sticklers on how many bikes can be on that group site. You might end up with 30+ bikes witch would be awesome!!
We easily had that number and more in 2010...

10-0514BRMC052.jpg

10-0514BRMC015.jpg

So I don't think 30 is an unreasonable number at all. :clapping:

I just hope they arnt gonna be sticklers on how many bikes can be on that group site. You might end up with 30+ bikes witch would be awesome!!
Ya' know, you have a point there. I'm sure that our fearless leader will find out if that would be a problem. :p

I just hope they arnt gonna be sticklers on how many bikes can be on that group site. You might end up with 30+ bikes witch would be awesome!!
Ya' know, you have a point there. I'm sure that our fearless leader will find out if that would be a problem. :p
According to the "ReserveAmerica" site the group camp site will accomodate 96 people, 32 vehicles, 16 campsites. I really want to talk to someone at Breaks...(I have been trying but not getting through to a real person)...

https://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Breaks_Interstate_Park/r/campsiteDetails.do?contractCode=VA&siteId=16078&parkId=142650

We could easily do 32 vehicles with 32 people & 32 campsites. :D

According to the "ReserveAmerica" site the group camp site will accomodate 96 people, 32 vehicles, 16 campsites. I really want to talk to someone at Breaks...(I have been trying but not getting through to a real person)...

https://www.reserveam...8&parkId=142650
Did you call Breaks themselves at (276) 865-4413?

Ok, I finally got to talk to someone at Breaks...the group camp site will be able to accomodate 96 people, motorcycles and tents, they also have a shelter with picnic tables (for the after ride festivities). So lets do this...now who's in?

Ok, I finally got to talk to someone at Breaks...the group camp site will be able to accomodate 96 people, motorcycles and tents, they also have a shelter with picnic tables (for the after ride festivities). So lets do this...now who's in?
Im in Joe. What are your thoughts as far as the money for the reservation of the group site?

Bryan

Im in Joe. What are your thoughts as far as the money for the reservation of the group site?

Bryan
The reservation for the Group Site for two days will be $244 ($122 per night)