#1 Intech

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Does anyone know about this show? This is the first year I have seen ads for it. Is it any good?
Clicky

No fancy signature line. Too many meets to try and keep up with the icons.

#2 Bigbeavk

Bigbeavk

Bigbeavk

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

I went to one there a couple of years ago and it was for the most part a great place to get a new pair of chaps. :rolleyes:
They had some older Japanese show bikes on display but not much else other than harley's, choppers and stuff.

#3 emsjr

emsjr

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

Well I have a different take on it. Now most of the local dealers, (Bob's BMW, Pete's Cycle, Baltimore Harley Store) come to this show and not go to the DC International show because they feel the crowds are better and the display area is much less expensive. They do have the normal custom bike show and the "rat" bike show plus your prerequisite tattoo show and bikini contests. Each year there are more vendors that are showing up, but still not of the quality of the international show. Is it worth the price of admission, I don't know. If your looking to browse the new models, sure. If you're looking for custom ear plugs, probably. If you want to check out the latest super hi-tech radar jammer that fits on the FJR, don't waste your money.

Gene

#4 kolonial72

kolonial72

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

This show has been hit or miss for me. The most recent one I went to - 2010, I think - wasn't great, but okay. The year before that was outstanding. YMMV.
I love my horse, but my bike listens better.

#5 Intech

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

For the record, we went to this show. About 90% Harley. The custom bikes were pretty good. My favorites were the Marine Corps bike and the Resident Evil bike. As for the rest of the show, I was glad we got in for $5 off each. We were underwhelmed. As much of a pain it is to go to the one in DC it is a much better show.

No fancy signature line. Too many meets to try and keep up with the icons.