Getting to NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spud, See what happens, you solict a very good question and these people are unable to stay focused resulting in runaway blather and the topic is lost, so, be forwarned as not to step on any toes.

I have a long ride to get there and back, so maybe a Spokane hookup on the way up and we shall see what happens on the way back, I did the Hells Canyon ovencooker on the way to WFO 8, in my humble words, it sucked, I have no desire to return to that barren temperate waste land again. I did ride the salmon river back in '80 on my way back from Munson Ab, its a very beautiful highway and ride. And, theres always some fishing to be had. I am going to check my maps and try the google thingie, being a computer wastoid. it will be a challenge. \

now let the Flamethrowers scorch my highminded ass.

FWFE
If you haven't done the Banks Lowman road to Stanley take the time to ride it. You won't be sorry

I'm heading NW. Leaving about 6/19:

Bozeman%20to%20Jasper%20%282%29.jpg

I will probably take the quick way to Castlegar. I-5 from Calif to 97 into Oregon and 395 most of the rest of the way.

Quick there, but more time after. Considering Alaska (Hyder-Stewart), up the Cassiar into Watson Lake and back down the Alcan. Maybe ride Beartooth pass and some of that country again and work my way back to Minkler in time to rest up and get ready for the SW-FOG.

The question is can my old body rise to the occasion and once more "on to the road."

Longrider

I will probably take the quick way to Castlegar. I-5 from Calif to 97 into Oregon and 395 most of the rest of the way.

Quick there, but more time after. Considering Alaska (Hyder-Stewart), up the Cassiar into Watson Lake and back down the Alcan. Maybe ride Beartooth pass and some of that country again and work my way back to Minkler in time to rest up and get ready for the SW-FOG.

The question is can my old body rise to the occasion and once more "on to the road."

Longrider
Just let your puppy brain take over Bruce and you will be fine. Look foward to having breakfast with you in Canada again.

Is the grandson joining you on this trip???

On your way up 97 give me a shout and we can do lunch. 541-536-8556

Last edited by a moderator:

Longrider
Be careful on 395 North of Kettle Falls, that is where one of the PNW crew and his wife hit a deer and went into the lake, they where told that part of 395 has the highest deer strikes in the US.

There are rooms at Chez Chorel (i.e. - my place) in Calgary prior to the rally and we plan on a "Prep Day" on the weekend prior. Oil changes, Tire changes, new farkle installs, etc...

Feel free to stop by if you can work it into your schedule.

Now that I have a job, my plan is to head out on the direct route bright and early Thursday AM. Lucky for me, all roads to Castlegar are fun! :D

Registration will start sometime after I get there!
wink.gif

I'm going to ride west and then turn right. I'd like to go up through Michigan and pick up route 2 but I won't do it if snow is likely. I'll just have to wait until we get close to the day of departure before making my plans.

I thought I'd get up early, ride for a couple of hours. Have lunch, ride for a couple more hours and then check in to the hotel. Wish it was a little farther away. ;)

I thought I'd get up early, ride for a couple of hours. Have lunch, ride for a couple more hours and then check in to the hotel. Wish it was a little farther away. ;)
junior, that shouln't be hard to do....go east or south first....

Well, roughly, our trip will go like this...VA, KY, MO, OK, NM, AZ, UT, CO, ID, MT, BC. The return trip will take us down through the Dakotas. Not sure exactly where from there to home.

Well, roughly, our trip will go like this...VA, KY, MO, OK, NM, AZ, UT, CO, ID, MT, BC. The return trip will take us down through the Dakotas. Not sure exactly where from there to home.
Now, here is someone who has an adventure to plan!!! I am envious!!

FWFE

CBA3 and a bunch of us will be at the Comfort Inn North in Spokane on the wednesday night and then heading up to Castlegar thursday am......

R

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts