SE Ohio Ramble- Poll

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

1. It seems that El Toro Joe's stepped up to organize the Appalacian Camping Meet at Breaks this year. Breaks is a great place to ride and a great place in and of itself...so if you can go...definitely go. However, the camping meet is scheduled May 18- 20. I'm just curious if I changed the original Ramble weekend to the previous weekend of the 12th/13th...whether that would throw people off who've already asked for vacation time, want to be home for Mother's Day, or whatever. Let me know pronto.
  2. In a different thread, I said that the Ramble would have TWO DAYS...SATURDAY AND SUNDAY RIDING. Typically, the Ramble has been on Saturday with Sunday as a "get home' day. I'm just wondering whether anybody else would be riding two days...or just be intent on riding one day only. Let me know ASAP!
I have a poll up above so please answer it only if you are thinking of riding the Ramble...it will be a public poll.

Results of poll are not binding on me...I just want some information to make choices from. Have at it.

So...besides me there's only 3 people looking at coming to this thing?

That's fine with me...cuz that's right about the perfect number...but I thought more might be thinking about it. :D

Mark, I might be able to squeeze a weekend run in the 12/13th; it's too early to tell. Definite plans for me right now are the 17-20 of May - I'll be in Robbinsville / Franklin, NC. This was already on the books before Joe got his lazy butt in gear...

I can't be gone Mother's day and May 26 is my son's graduation so my only weekend is 18, 19, 20. I was planning on the ramble but if it moves, no sweat. I'll go to Breaks and see you at Hooterville instead. :)

Mark, I might be able to squeeze a weekend run in the 12/13th; it's too early to tell. Definite plans for me right now are the 17-20 of May - I'll be in Robbinsville / Franklin, NC. This was already on the books before Joe got his lazy butt in gear...
SORRY!!! hey Wayne...if he moves the Ramble to the 12 & 13th I might see ya there...otherwise have a great time in Franklin with the VFR crowd, But I will definitely see you at EOM :yahoo:

I can probably change my vacation and would like to do both. I'll give it a 50/50 chance that I'll actually get to do it, but I'd like to try.

Joe - let me know what your travel plans going down are. I am thinking about swinging east to Asheville to see Grumpy on the way down.

That VFRD crowd is a good mix of hooligans. The first year I had the '04 I get sucked into one of the lead groups, and did a decent job of defending the FJR's reputation - after all the "is that a bmw?" remarks... great fellas.

SORRY!!! hey Wayne...if he moves the Ramble to the 12 & 13th I might see ya there...otherwise have a great time in Franklin with the VFR crowd, But I will definitely see you at EOM :yahoo:

That's fine with me...cuz that's right about the perfect number...but I thought more might be thinking about it. :D
I would love to be there but if I did two trips in one month and one of them on MOTHERS DAY.......I dont think that make Momma very happy. I would have to be a different month.

Thanks anyway, Bryan

P.S. Let the pussy whip jokes begin :p

I would love to be there but if I did two trips in one month and one of them on MOTHERS DAY.......I dont think that make Momma very happy. I would have to be a different month.

Thanks anyway, Bryan

That's fine Bryan...I understand...you're not the only whipped one out there. That's why I put it in the poll.

BTW, go ahead and vote in the poll and make it official. :D

I see petey voted in the poll...excellent! :clapping: It will be great to ride with you again.

Haven't heard much from the Minnesota riders yet...any of you guys thinking of coming?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks anyway, Bryan

Dude, I'm in the same predicament... I can do one trip that month and Mother's Day is NOT an option. I also will only be able to do one day of riding on the Ramble... I was planning Friday down, Sat twisties, and Sun back.

Now, I could maybe do the camp trip instead of the Ramble... but first I need to figure out where that's going to be.