2012 SE Ohio Ramble - May 11-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit: One last thing that I ask from the participants...please...if you must return to work after the Ramble with a grin pasted onto your face...PLEASE tell them about the great time you had SLAYING THE DRAGON! Tell them about all your exploits down there.... :clapping: :clapping:
Ya, SE Ohio sucks wet wooly donkey dick. Who'd want to go there? :D

Edit: One last thing that I ask from the participants...please...if you must return to work after the Ramble with a grin pasted onto your face...PLEASE tell them about the great time you had SLAYING THE DRAGON! Tell them about all your exploits down there.... :clapping: :clapping:
Ya, SE Ohio sucks wet wooly donkey dick. Who'd want to go there? :D

Yes. Exactly. Ohio is completely flat...just like Kansas...just bypass it on your way down to the smokies...and take the rest of your Harley tribe with you! :)

WELL...after I sent some gpx files to someone last night...I zoomed in on the route in S&T to make blowup maps of the some of the turns that aren't so obvious on the large scale. I saw that I had messed up the route a little bit and have tweaked the S&T file and gpx file to route where I intended.

GPX and S&T files are available and I will post up updated closeup maps soon so you can tweak your mapsource gpx files to match the intended route.

Damn this sounds like a fun weekend! I just don't think I can squeeze Ohio and SFO both in in one month. Thinking how to make it happen.

Well, it is a helluva fun weekend. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles the organized events have...but it still is about the twisty ride and the cold beer in the parking lot and the re-riding the fun ride in story form.

Damn this sounds like a fun weekend! I just don't think I can squeeze Ohio and SFO both in in one month. Thinking how to make it happen.

Well, it is a helluva fun weekend. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles the organized events have...but it still is about the twisty ride and the cold beer in the parking lot and the re-riding the fun ride in story form.
Hmmm? Abercrombie to Caldwell is 1054 miles. Sort of seems tailor made for a SS1000.

Hmmm? Abercrombie to Caldwell is 1054 miles. Sort of seems tailor made for a SS1000.
Hey...if you make it all the way to Caldwell...I will buy you your first AND your second beer.

Just be sure to leave enough in your "energy bank" to let you ride roller coaster hills all day the next day. Or if you don't have the energy to do that..."know when to say when" enough is enough...back off and coast back to the motel for a nap and refreshments.

The first requirement for the Ramble is for everybody to be "self aware" of your energy and your abilities, to know when your pace is exceeding your reactions or skill set...AND BACK OFF.

It really would be great to have you...hope you can make it.

I'm all set to go.

Days off from work.

Weekend plans rescheduled.

Looking forward to the trip and meeting some new peeps.

Still need to book a room.

Peter

wow...if we have people coming from ND and CT...man that's pretty amazing. Kudos to you guys for making the trip. I guarantee a great time on the awesome roads in SE Ohio. :yahoo:

Geewhiz, maybe some sort of commemorative trinket is in order here; a t-shirt, a shot glass, vinyl sticker, something...

and I will contribute to the refreshments for the long haul fellas - half gallon of gatorade and a powerbar...

Is it May yet?

wow...if we have people coming from ND and CT...man that's pretty amazing. Kudos to you guys for making the trip. I guarantee a great time on the awesome roads in SE Ohio. :yahoo:

I got two pennies in my pocket they can have when they arrive. One for each of them. That and a hardy handshake and a beer... :clapping:

I got two pennies in my pocket they can have when they arrive. One for each of them. That and a hardy handshake and a beer... :clapping:
If he comes from ND I think he should get both pennies.

I'll buy him a beer too!

Wheatie I Buy you a beer for setting this all up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just around the corner then. I'm into week 2 of commuting on the bike. In March. In Michigan. unreal.
Ain't it beautiful?

This is normally the time I'm riding around with liners in my gear and coworkers look at me like I'm insane...

Last edited by a moderator:
If he comes from ND I think he should get both pennies.

I'll buy him a beer too!

Wheatie I Buy you a beer for setting this all up.
Well I’m still in the thinking / planning stage here in North Dakota before I can earn those two cents or the refreshments. I have a few hurdles to overcome before I can swing this ride trip.

I’d really want to make this ride happen to Ohio because of the reported great riding and good people I know I’ll meet. I also want to meet up with a guy from Lima OH that flew into Fargo and bought my 07 FJR. We have continued to keep in touch and would love to get him to ride along or at least stop by and have a cold one with him.

Hey guy's,

If you guy's haven't heard yet we had one of our riding buddies have a "Get-Off" on the Triple Nickel this week. Fortunately he was able to limp away.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! As much as everyone hates hearing Mark Lecture us on Riding within our own abilities, everyone be just a little more careful out there. I know it's hard to remember that it's still March and we've all been out early because of the Great Weather most of us have been enjoying, but in SE Ohio the roads are still real dusty from our mild winter. A couple of good Spring rains and we'll be back to "Race Pace", well some of the fast guy's anyway.

Have fun, maybe rolling off it to maybe 75% and we'll hopefully see everybody in the parking lot in Caldwell in May.

Besides everybody is really fast in the 'Parking Lot Tales" right.

Just sayin!!!!

Dave

T-Minus 5 weeks until Ramble time! So get yourself ready! :yahoo:

This may be the last one I organize...so enjoy it while you can...or be prepared to step up in 2013. :)

Latest posts