PNW Weather

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BwanaDik

Reaction score
Hey PNW people! Has this winter been "normal" in the way of both snowfall and temperature? We have some future plans in the north west and we're trying to figure out where the snow line roughly stops on the rainshadow side of the Cascades.

So if we come up and drive around (no FJR at this time, a little snowy) this month, will what we see be representative of typical snow locations and levels?

On the wet side, weather has been anything but normal. We've gone from dry to very wet and back to dry within the span of a couple weeks. Precipitation averages have been fairly *normal* but it's been coming all at one time.

I haven't been over the hills for a couple months, so one of the dry-siders will have to provide that report.

Biggest question...what's defined as *normal* now -- seems we have been having a lot of new normals! ;)

--G

Hey PNW people! Has this winter been "normal" in the way of both snowfall and temperature? We have some future plans in the north west and we're trying to figure out where the snow line roughly stops on the rainshadow side of the Cascades.

So if we come up and drive around (no FJR at this time, a little snowy) this month, will what we see be representative of typical snow locations and levels?
Snowfall is below average. Lows in the upper 20s highs 60ish lately on the valley floor. Snow line should be 3000'+

Ive rode my FJR in the lower mountains this past week with no ice or snow. Driving a car should be no issues.

...what's defined as *normal* now --
PNWRaincopy.jpg

I drove over Santiam pass (4800+ ft) yesterday going to Busters. Bare and dry with some cinders in the corners. Other than four people in the car it was easy to do on the bike. Very little snow so far this year. It's going to be tough for those that need the water for crops.