Kali rider in your neighborhood want advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geno

Reaction score
Told the wife I was goIng on a 2 or 3 week trip to the SW to visit an old friend in Phoenix. After a great ride down the Big Sur road, I came east through Bakersfield & thru Quartzsite to Phoenix. I've been camping some and staying in motels some, and am currently holed up in a motel in Chandler waiting out this weather. Would love to meet up with Phoenix area members, or just get some advice on routes to try that don't involve snow or ice. I'm contemplating a visit to Albuquerque. E-mail me if you can :)

Told the wife I was goIng on a 2 or 3 week trip to the SW to visit an old friend in Phoenix. After a great ride down the Big Sur road, I came east through Bakersfield & thru Quartzsite to Phoenix. I've been camping some and staying in motels some, and am currently holed up in a motel in Chandler waiting out this weather. Would love to meet up with Phoenix area members, or just get some advice on routes to try that don't involve snow or ice. I'm contemplating a visit to Albuquerque. E-mail me if you can :)
This is a perfect post on Valentine's Day and gives me a great idea for next year. When the wife says "what are you doing for me for Valentine's Day?", I say "I'll be in the middle of a 2-3 week motorcycle trip through the Southwest!"

thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry but can't help you with directions......

Geno,

if you're coming this way, try www.nmroads.com, for up-to-the-minute conditions. most of the roads south of I-40 seem to be ok, and they will be better as the week progresses. at least until the next storm comes this way...

be safe out there. and let us "Burque" boys know if you do come this way.

P.

BeemerDon to the white courtesy phone.....

R
Hello Richard, Gene T. and I spoke on the phone this morning. He's heading on a Tucson loop ride today and we may go riding together tomorrow and Friday. Miss Donna and I already have tickets for NHRA Drag Racing Nationals for this weekend at Firebird Raceway here in Chandler; if not, My Baby and I would ride with Geno this weekend also! SkooterG is much too busy at work! Ha, ha!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After a tiring superslab ride to Tucson (Man, those trucks are suicidal out there) I decided to head West. I'm currently in Gila Bend, headed for the Ocean tomorrow. Beemerdon, I thank you for the kind offer and advice, but the wife is having health problems, so I guess I better work my way home. I now know what a $30 motel is like. :Snorkle: Quite a change from the Hyatt Regency...