A Scavenger Hunt Game for Spring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie

Reaction score
I have proposed a scavenger hunt type game over at New England Riders (the other NER group)to see if there is any interest. They do various TAG games like the ADV forum as well. There is some interest over there. How about you guys in the Northeast ??

I will provide somewhere between 50 and 100 Waypoints generated by Waymarking.com's Scavenger Hunt application. Each of the locations will be assigned a point value. Access to waymarking is free, so it might be beneficial to sign up. You will be able to see a picture of what you are seeking in the waypoints to help select where you want to ride.

Your objective will be to select 25 places to visit, spend no more than 10 hours on the road and accumulate no more than 300 miles. The person who accomplishes the highest score within these parameters will be the winner. You will have to post photos of the spots you selected that are readily viewable by me. I may add some twists if there are enough folks interested, but those are the basics for now.

When the location are published and released, you will have up to 3 weeks from the start date to select what date you will do this on. You will be required to obtain a gas receipt with the date and time at your beginning point and end point. Both of these receipts will need to be photographed with your bike's odometer at the beginning and end to determine you stayed within the mileage and time constraints of the game.

Here is a sample of the locations Some reason I cannot get the Link thing to work, must be work so here is the direct link to a Google Spreadsheet. https://tinyurl.com/7tl67qs You will have to do the copy and paste thing. The spreadsheet has some descriptions in it, which if you click will take you to the Waymarking.com waymark.

I have also been able to convert the spreadsheet into a GPX file, so this will more about planning and riding versus inputting into your favorite mapping program.

So what say you

Willie

Last edited by a moderator:
We have some takers over at the New England Riders forum on delphi, if that is of any interest

Willie

In case anyone is thinking of doing this, please check for review changes. The following is an updated rule listing

Here's the first NER Treasure Hunt. The rules are:

1> You must take a picture of Odometer, with a receipt that shows Date and Time as the Begin Date/Time. Both must be clearly in the picture and readable.

2> At the end of your run you must take a picture of your Odometer, with a receipt that shows date and Time. Both must be clearly in the picture and readable.

3> Total miles can not exceed 150 miles

4> Time should not exceed 4.5 hours. If you go over there will be 25 point deduction for the first 10 minutes over and then 100 points for the second 20 minutes over. More than 5 hours you will be a Did Not Finish.

5> You must visit at least 5 locations to qualify, but not more than 10.

5> The point values for each location are contained in the Google Spreadsheet

6> Person with the most points wins. If there is a tie the person closest to 125 miles without going over wins will be the tie breaker. If it is still at tie, then the person closest to 4.5 hours wins.

7> You must take a picture of the item that closely resemble the item to the link (1st column). This link is to Waymarking.com

8> A substantial portion of your bike or you with your helmet on must be in the photo. You may use a rally towel as a substitute for the bike or yourself. The rally towel must the word LION on it to count.

8A> In the event the waypoint no longer exists as pictured at waymarking, you may substitute a picture of your GPS and the coordinates showing you were at the location.

9> You must submit your photos by March 26th (amended from March 19), identifying which Item it is, how many points it is worth and a total of your points. You will need to list out your waypoints in the order that you stopped at them, including the beginning and end points

10> The photos can either be posted at the forum or you can use one of the photo sharing sites in a separate Album/Folder.

11> Do not make it difficult for the Treasure Hunt Master to figure what photos are what. You must send the THM an email at [email protected] with the subject line NER TH March Submission with the details of your submission, links to where the photos are, etc.