Death Valley Trip Planners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPrice

Fish Cop (retired)
Reaction score
Gas Prices as of February 17, 2012, Furnace Creek, Death Valley National Park. According to the media, gas prices are supposed to keep increasing in the next several weeks, so get ready!

IMG954494.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year on March 12 it was $ 0.24 lower. This is not good news, and I think we can all see where this is going, not just in Death Valley.

DeathValleyDay3036.jpg

From the looks of the price over Mike's shoulder, my guess he and Richard are wiring up the FJR to run on battery power! Me thinks I'll be bringing fuel from our cheap sources locally which are barely under the $4.00 mark (for now). :angry2:

Have to change the wording on T-shirt to pushinit. Summer trips will have to stay east of Rockies.

Lets say one drives 300 to 400 miles a day. At 3.75 per gallon at 42 miles per gallon that is $27 to $35 a day in gas. Even if gas goes up 25% gas that is only $7 to $8 per day more. I don't like it but I sure am not going let $8 a day spoil my fun.

Lets say one drives 300 to 400 miles a day. At 3.75 per gallon at 42 miles per gallon that is $27 to $35 a day in gas. Even if gas goes up 25% gas that is only $7 to $8 per day more. I don't like it but I sure am not going let $8 a day spoil my fun.
Looks like I'm going to figure on at least $.10/mile for fuel this summer. Have to agree with Jim...not going to worry about the costs but it stinks nonetheless.

--G