Excellent Slow Speed Skills Class

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
The Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team will be holding their 2012 Spring Skill Enhancement session beginning Thursday, March 1st. It runs 6 consecutive Thursday evenings and each class is approximately 2 hours long. It is located at the Phoenix Greyhound Park near the airport.

This is an excellent class!

I took 4 of the 6 classes many years ago. Other commitments prevented me from finishing and I was bummed because I was really enjoying it. An excellent slow speed skills class. I highly recommend it. Class is FREE though they accept donations.

You need to act quick, as the class is starting soon.

More information here: Clicky Here.

I plan on attending. Anyone else up for it?

Looks like a good class, wish I was still in AZ to partake. Interesting that they specify the same riding gear minimum that we do for MSF students, except for a skid lid! I know, it's a no helmet required state, but figured an organized class like that would require one. Have fun and take pics, videos! Maybe Don will show up with his leotard and pom poms to cheer you on. :lol:

(edit: I see on the reg form that they included helmet required. Their webmaster "Pruuf" reader missed that one.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Smoking Clutch Class. I believe that Skoot knows something about this. Any AE owners get bonus points.

The Smoking Clutch Class. I believe that Skoot knows something about this. Any AE owners get bonus points.
+1, Gunny; right you are Alan, every AZ Beemers Member who took this class with a K1200LT or R1200RT regretted it immediately because their clutches were toasted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, very adept Alan!!!! I hope NOT to repeat that clutch-smoking episode!!!! Lots LESS rear brake for slow-as-you-can-go exercise! Lesson learned the hard way on that one: Clicky Here for fried clutches!

It's an excellent class, and I am looking forward to taking it again. And it's FREE!!! :clapping:

I would definitely miss the class on the 15th, but I'm always up for skills training.
There's no requirement to make every class that I am aware of. It's for fun, and improving skills, not a certificate. I highly recommend it.