Short and Sweet Ride up Yarnell Grade to Prescott, AZ!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
I have to be back at Son Seth's School here in Chandler at 1600 hours to pick him up: But please join me for a run up Yarnell Grade on Thursday, February 23rd. We will depart promptly at 0830 from the Cracker Barrel Restaurant located at the Riverview Mall in Mesa, Arizona. More Information: 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

Mesa Cracker Barrel

Loop 202 , Exit #10

Loop 202 & Dobson Road

1007 N. Dobson Road

Mesa, AZ 85201

*Located off Loop 202

(480) 668-4780

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey azredline, how many Riders Cup Challenge II points do I get for doing a classic "Calvin" on Enrique's BMW K1600GT? I was just mad my "Gisele" is still not back home. What Beautiful Bikes-K1600GT! And what a glorious day for a moto ride yesterday - 81F in Phoenix at 4pm. Sure beats the Hell out of Owosso Fucking Michigan!

DSCF0230.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/15quince-grill-and-cantina/277578992547 We've found a great lunch ride destination for Southwest FJR Forum and AZ beemers: Quince Grill & Cantina up on mountain top city of Jerome. Muy Delicioso la Comida para Nuevo Mexico. Just like served in Taos and Santa Fe, NM. Pics below from mi Sobrino (Nephew) Enrique Garza.

Went for some points and lunch in Jerome. This place was so so good. Please check it out.

DSC03184.jpg

DSC03183.jpg

DSC03185.jpg

DSC03187.jpg

DSC03189.jpg

Pictures of yesterday's ride from my favorite Nephew "Henry". I just wish my illegitimate bastard son SkooterG could be more like his Primo (cousin) Enrique Garza!

DSC03178.jpg

Street, K1600GT, Wick Massacre Marker, 10 pts., C= 415

DSC03181.jpg

Street, K1600GT, Peeples Cemetery, 10 pts., C=425

DSC03180.jpg

Support Picture

DSC01715.jpg

Street, K1600GT, Kirkland Junction, 10pts., C=435.

Yes I rode right past this stop. But I was rockin to Elvis and its his fault. Maybe Steve will give it to me?

DSC03182.jpg

Street, K1600GT, Watson Lake SP, 10pts., C=445

DSC03190.jpg

Street, K1600GT, Dead Horse SP, 10pts., C= 455

DSC03191.jpg

Street, K1600GT, Page Spring Hatchery, 10pts., C= 465

DSC03192.jpg

Street, K1600GT, Indian Gardens, 10pts., C= 475

SkooterG, where were you at yesterday? Oh yeah, you were working, weren't you! God, do I ever love this; when SkootyG has to work just like his Old Pappy used to!

DSCF0232.jpg

Damn we rode up from Peoria on Friday...wifey and I woulda joined ya had I seen this post earlier. Was a great ride! Had lunch at the Palace :)

I don't know how I missed this ride. I check the forum regularly but - Oh well - maybe next time.
Jim and networkguy, An AZ Beemer named Doug is cooking up a Devil's Highway ride the first week of April and if it firms up I will put up all of the ride details here. I would actually like to ride to Greer, AZ on Wednesday 4/4 and spend the night, then blast "Highway 666" Southbound on Thursday making it back to Chandler by 1600 hours. Do you guys have any interest in this ride plan?

Thanx guys. I will update as my plans firm up. Right now it looks like Thursday April 5 - Scottsdale to Eagar; Fri 4/6 191 down and back; Sat 4/7 Eagar back to Scottsdale. It'd be great to have some local riders along. Any recommendations for best hotel near Eagar?

Doug

I don't know how I missed this ride. I check the forum regularly but - Oh well - maybe next time.
Jim and networkguy, An AZ Beemer named Doug is cooking up a Devil's Highway ride the first week of April and if it firms up I will put up all of the ride details here. I would actually like to ride to Greer, AZ on Wednesday 4/4 and spend the night, then blast "Highway 666" Southbound on Thursday making it back to Chandler by 1600 hours. Do you guys have any interest in this ride plan?
You can possibly count me in as well, though I'll need a kitchen pass for an overnight trip...will wait and see what the calendar looks like...

Thanx guys. I will update as my plans firm up. Right now it looks like Thursday April 5 - Scottsdale to Eagar; Fri 4/6 191 down and back; Sat 4/7 Eagar back to Scottsdale. It'd be great to have some local riders along. Any recommendations for best hotel near Eagar?

Doug
Dont know that I could 3 days :(

Doug
Dont know that I could 3 days :(
He's a retired bastard with too much time and money. Not enough sense however.

I've never made it an over-night trip though I would like to do that sometime. I and most others normally just do it in one day.

If you guys are gonna ride 666, I'll go. Hell, maybe I'll drag that pussy Patch along with me. A 2-3 day trip is pretty doable.

If you guys are gonna ride 666, I'll go. Hell, maybe I'll drag that pussy Patch along with me. A 2-3 day trip is pretty doable.
Well now, knowing that mi bueno Amigo Patch may want to come ride 666 I will start to organize the Ride! How about a two days 666 ride over Wednesday April 25 and Thursday April 26? We Phoenicians will depart the Valley of the Blast Furnace from the Goldfield Road Chevron service station at 1000 hours on 4/25. We will tag up with tus Nuevo Mexicanos at 1300 hours at the three-way intersection of AZ Highways 191, 75 and 78. Ride North to Alpine and spend the night, with our Dinner at the ever delicious Bear Wallow Cafe. Next day ride 666 Southbound and part company at the three-way. Does this sound like a plan? https://www.alpinearizona.com/directory/lodging/lodges-motels/sportsmans-lodge/

Well now, knowing that mi bueno Amigo Patch may want to come ride 666 I will start to organize the Ride! How about a two days 666 ride over Wednesday April 25 and Thursday April 26? We Phoenicians will depart the Valley of the Blast Furnace from the Goldfield Road Chevron service station at 1000 hours on 4/25. We will tag up with tus Nuevo Mexicanos at 1300 hours at the three-way intersection of AZ Highways 191, 75 and 78. Ride North to Alpine and spend the night, with our Dinner at the ever delicious Bear Wallow Cafe. Next day ride 666 Southbound and part company at the three-way. Does this sound like a plan? https://www.alpinearizona.com/directory/lodging/lodges-motels/sportsmans-lodge/
Dude...Wednesday and Thursday? I'm not retired. Unlike Skooter, I have a job. BUT...How about Thursday&Friday, that way it goes right into the weekend. Or even Friday&Saturday, but Thurs/Fri sound really good. If we go Wed/Thurs, I either gotta take off Friday, or go to work one day of the week. PUKE.

Otherwise, that sounds like a blast. I just sent your NM lover Patch the info. ;)

Ok...Just got off the phone with Patch. His days off in April will be Sun/Mon/Tues. He will be working a split shift that gets off at 0300. So...If we went Sun/Mon, he would leave Taos at 0330 and be at my house around 0600. Catch a couple hours of sleep, and leave around 8.

Just looked at a map. Says taking I25 south to Socorro, then 60 east towards Datil and 12 south to Reserve. It'll hit 180 just south of that, and we'll take 180 towards Hwy 78 which will go into Mule Creek. We'll hit the three way a little after that. 284 miles and 5 hours 34 minutes.

We could take 25 to Hatch, 26 to Deming then I-10 to somewhere and north again to get to the threeway, but that is like 349 miles and only saves like 14 minutes. At FJR nominal speeds, I bet even with the gas stop, we could be there in 5 hours going the Datil route. Which would put us there close to 1300...

So, if you can set this up for a Sun/Mon, it would be a lot easier for Patch to show up. With the trips we have planned this year, he is pretty low on leave, and would have to take three days if we went on any of the days you or I mentioned previously. I'll just take off Mon/Tues and have an extra long weekend.

Lemme know.

Ok...Just got off the phone with Patch. His days off in April will be Sun/Mon/Tues. He will be working a split shift that gets off at 0300. So...If we went Sun/Mon, he would leave Taos at 0330 and be at my house around 0600. Catch a couple hours of sleep, and leave around 8.

Just looked at a map. Says taking I25 south to Socorro, then 60 east towards Datil and 12 south to Reserve. It'll hit 180 just south of that, and we'll take 180 towards Hwy 78 which will go into Mule Creek. We'll hit the three way a little after that. 284 miles and 5 hours 34 minutes.

We could take 25 to Hatch, 26 to Deming then I-10 to somewhere and north again to get to the threeway, but that is like 349 miles and only saves like 14 minutes. At FJR nominal speeds, I bet even with the gas stop, we could be there in 5 hours going the Datil route. Which would put us there close to 1300...

So, if you can set this up for a Sun/Mon, it would be a lot easier for Patch to show up. With the trips we have planned this year, he is pretty low on leave, and would have to take three days if we went on any of the days you or I mentioned previously. I'll just take off Mon/Tues and have an extra long weekend.

Lemme know.
Mi Querido Patch (known as "The Smart Brother") and HotRodZilla (known as "El Hermano muy Estupido"), let's shoot for Monday 4/23 and Tuesday, April 24. And, let's move the times up by two hours for Departure and Meetup: We Zonies will leave Apache Junction at 0800 and meet Los Hermanos at 1100 hours at the 'Y'! Hasta Pronto!