Helibars finally on the way...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
So I told the wife when I bought the FJR that it was a total package and I wouldn't need anything else. I came from a GSX-R600 and honestly other than a pipe and a power commander, there's not a whole lot else you could do to the little crotch rocket, unless you just had countless dollars to throw away. Wow was I ever wrong about the FJR! I'm already into it for a sh!tload of cash. I'm hoping the Helibars make it more of a comfy ride for me. I'm short with tyrannosaurus arms so I need all the help I can get. Anyone else about 5'7 (inseam challenged) with short arms and Helibars?

It's supposed to ship on or before the 24th...I can't wait.

Cheers,

b

I'm 5'8" with 33" sleeve length and I wish the Helibars came back another inch or two. Having said that, I found them to be a great improvement over stock. Of course, if you want comfort, try a Harley Softail. :)

Just installed them (it). Pretty straightforward. Can't wait to ride tomorrow and see how it feels. Only clearance issue is the bars barely hit my Bags Connection City tank bag at full lock. I'm not even worried about it though it's so minor.

Wow! Night and frickin day!!! HUGE improvement over stock for me. Played hookie today and just did a short 60 mile ride including Grimes Canyon between Fillmore and Simi Valley. Much more comfy. Also I had the GOPRO mounted down by my left foot. Can't wait to review it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the heli-bar triple clamp on my FJR for a year now. I am very pleased with the revised position and the increased comfort it has provided. A great product with very good installation instructions.

HeliBars is set to release multi adjustable handlebars on July 2, 2012 that mimic the one’s currently available on the Honda ST1300. The expected cost is $495 and they are 2” to 5” taller and 4” to 6” rearward. Here is the link to the current Honda ST1300 specs; https://www.helibars.com/product/honda-st1100

HeliBars is set to release multi adjustable handlebars on July 2, 2012 that mimic the one’s currently available on the Honda ST1300. The expected cost is $495 and they are 2” to 5” taller and 4” to 6” rearward. Here is the link to the current Honda ST1300 specs; https://www.helibars.com/product/honda-st1100
My initial thought when looking at the specs: If that is something someone needs, they might as well buy a cruiser.

My initial thought when looking at the specs: If that is something someone needs, they might as well buy a cruiser.
IMHO it's all about fit and comfort. A cruiser might not offer the performance of the FJR.

For those riders that do not exactly fit the FJR ergos, adjustments can be made through after market products.

They may seem extreme to some riders but fit the criteria for others.

It's all about enjoying the sport.

Have you heard that Helibars has a sister company called Feeli-ground? You strap these custom made aluminum extenders on your boots so you can reach the ground. Now you've got the best of both worlds.

-Just kidding... you're going to enjoy the extenders, dude.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts