Euro Moto 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads
Reaction score
Who's up for a RTE to Euro Moto 2012 in a couple weeks? Great way to shake out the cobwebs and winter doldrums... might even see something worthwhile! ;)

Ticket discount code from Ride West is EM30FF. I haven't used it yet or have any idea what the discount is.

--G

Edit -- Meet The Local Yoke Cafe' 10ish Saturday morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Specific North Wetters: If you Seattle Mooks do go to this, please do Papa Chuy Viejo a couple of favors. 1) Check "Pops" Niehart out of the Woodinville Old Folks Home and take him with you, he could really use the fresh air. 2) Please go by the Husqvarna exhibit and see if they have the Moab and Baja bikes on display. If they do, please take a bunch of pictures of these Husky dual sporters.

I sent the Canuckistanis of Ontario to the Toronto Motorcycle Show to take pictures of the new Nortons for me and what a fecking fiasco. Those Hosers never made it past the bar and did not take a single picture of the new Nortons. Freaking Frostbacks!

+1 as long as we stop someplace for breakfast.
drinks.gif

dropped by Ridewest today, satisfied my beemer craving for another year, nice folks. Picked up a little info card, buy tickets online at www.EUROMOTOR2012.com, single day ticket $12, two-day pass $16. Discount code EM30FF gets you $3 off when you purchase your ticket online in advance, kids under 12 get in free. Sat. mar 3rd 12pm to 8pm. Sun mar 4th 11am to 4pm. Lynnwood convention center. There you go George, all the hard work is done.

Specific North Wetters: If you Seattle Mooks do go to this, please do Papa Chuy Viejo a couple of favors. 1) Check "Pops" Niehart out of the Woodinville Old Folks Home and take him with you, he could really use the fresh air. 2) Please go by the Husqvarna exhibit and see if they have the Moab and Baja bikes on display. If they do, please take a bunch of pictures of these Husky dual sporters.

I sent the Canuckistanis of Ontario to the Toronto Motorcycle Show to take pictures of the new Nortons for me and what a fecking fiasco. Those Hosers never made it past the bar and did not take a single picture of the new Nortons. Freaking Frostbacks!
Don, we'll do our best with both your requests! No guarantees though... ;)

I've got a Husky dealer around the corner from work. Next time I have a minute, I'll sneak out at lunch and see what intel I can come across.

--G

Don, we'll do our best with both your requests! No guarantees though... ;)

I've got a Husky dealer around the corner from work. Next time I have a minute, I'll sneak out at lunch and see what intel I can come across.

--G
Gorgeous George, here is what the proposed Husqvarna Moab looks like, this beauty harkens back to the day of Husky's that My Hero Steve McQueen used to race.

Husqvarna-MOAB-Concept_10.jpg

And here is the Baja model. I believe Husqvarna would sell both of these bikes like crazy. They are not 5' tall like all of the other current dual sports. Right now they're just "Concept" bikes.

Husqvarna-Baja-Concept.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look really tasty Don, hadn't seen any of the info on them.

Definitely be able to pick them out of the crowd if they are on display.

--G

Supposed to be dry(chilly) and sunny this afternoon, thought I might take a ride and see what is in the area for eats, seems like Sat. is popular but who knows with the weatherman. Have not spent much time in the Lynnwood convention center area in many years. Anyone have thoughts on an eatery in that local?

RTE recon complete, several hundred feet West of Lynnwood convention center, on the North side of 196th is the (seriously)Local Yoke cafe, did not look to bad, closed on Mondays so I could not enter for a visual. Plan B would be a bit further West, also on the N. side of 196th is a Dennys. Show starts 1200hrs Sat. Sooooo eat about what time? 1000-1030hrs? Weatherman says few showers possible Sat.

Here is some background on Euro Moto 2012 (from PNWRiders forum). I vote for going Saturday. :scooter:

Euro Moto 2012

Coming this March!

As the economy begins its slow turn around, one thing is for certain —sales of European Motorcycles in the Northwest are leading the charge. Throughout the great recession most dealers of European brands continued to see sales growth year after year. Ducati now claims North America is their number one market and it doesn't hurt that two of their top five dealers over the last few years are right here in the Northwest. The Northwest has also been a stronghold market for BMW, with two dealers popping up in their top five sales reports almost every month. Sales of Triumph motorcycles continue to grow and long time favorites like Aprilia and Moto Guzzi are enjoying strong sales.

But declining marketing budgets at the manufactures have eroded their exposure during the International Motorcycle Show held each year in Seattle. BMW, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and Piaggio/Vespa have been absent from the Seattle show for at least three years.

Jim Boltz, long time dealer at Cycle Barn, together with his General Manager, Garrett Johnson, decided it was time to do something about it. Boltz and Johnson crafted a plan and invited select dealers to join them in the first of its kind event ever held in the region. Meet Euro Moto 2012.

On the weekend of March 3&4, the Lynnwood Convention Center will host Euro Moto 2012. The show will be operated by the dealers, not the manufacturers, of every prominent European motorcycle brand on the market today. In addition, popular European clothing and accessories lines will be on display.

Joining Cycle Barn, who will present the Triumph, Vespa and Piaggio lines, will be Ride West (BMW), Ducati Bellevue (Ducati), Moto International (Aprilia, Moto Guzzi), Lynnwood Motoplex (KTM), MV Augusta (Bellevue Motorsports) and Tasky's Metric Cycle (Husqvarna, Gas Gas, Husaberg & Christini).

With the show being run by the dealers, most of the above will close their shops Saturday to ensure they have a plentiful supply of sales have staff on hand to share their latest models with local riders.

As for the clothing and accessories side of the show, Johnson describes it as the total see-all/hands-on experience where riders can see every item in a manufacturer's lineup and can make purchases on the spot (some items may need to be special ordered depending on availability). Even though names like Alpinestars, Sidi and Givi make the national circuit during the IMS event, this is the only time you'll get a chance to see every item in their lineup in one place.

Additional vendors will be onsite that are tied to European product lines including Touratec, Twisted Throttle, Shad and Shuberth.

In addition, a number of presenters will run a number of 25 minute seminars throughout the weekend that will focus on touring tips, where to ride locally and abroad, riding skills and more.

Every person who attends will be provided a door prize ticket and door prizes will be called out each hour (winners must be present). A grand prize will be called out Sunday afternoon which is an elaborate free pass to Laguna Seca and provides time with some top names and a parade lap before the race if you bring your bike (winner need not be present, visit the website for more details). Additional door prize tickets may be purchased during the show with all proceeds going to Riders for Health.

There's no doubt the parking lot will fill with some stunning iron from around the area. After all, it's well known that owners of European bikes take pride in making them as pretty as can be and they love to show off their stuff.

Seems most votes are for Saturday.

No reservations ( :lol: ) nothing formal, how about meeting at The Local Yoke Cafe' around 10ish. Give us plenty of time to visit and grab a bite.

First post updated with information, see y'all there! :)

--G

Every person who attends will be provided a door prize ticket and door prizes will be called out each hour (winners must be present). A grand prize will be called out Sunday afternoon which is an elaborate free pass to Laguna Seca and provides time with some top names and a parade lap before the race if you bring your bike (winner need not be present, visit the website for more details). Additional door prize tickets may be purchased during the show with all proceeds going to Riders for Health.

There's no doubt the parking lot will fill with some stunning iron from around the area. After all, it's well known that owners of European bikes take pride in making them as pretty as can be and they love to show off their stuff.
I found out they are raffling off the Laguna Seca prize Sunday, and you have to be present. So now I'm thinking I might go Sunday.

Free VIP tix would be sweet!

Anyone heard from Niehart?