Spring 2012 Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much obliged to everyone who offered their support to get me to the Tech Meet on my temporarily saddle-less bike.

I accepted the offer of one of this forum's awesome members to borrow their spare seat.

Just in case he doesn't want it known that he's got one, I'll just offer a public THANK YOU! and hope I can pay it forward sometime.

BigChunk

I'd be a newbie but would like to meet everyone at the Tech Meet, watch the masters, and maybe flush my brake fluid with a new front stainless line. Met a Softie at the Village Cafe in Redmond, who told me about the group but never was able track down you all until this planned gig! i would need some directions, plus how to help out on food!

By the way, what are pair blocks?

FJokeR07 Black Cherry

Holeshot set/PC3 by Nells/Ohlins

I'd be a newbie but would like to meet everyone at the Tech Meet, watch the masters, and maybe flush my brake fluid with a new front stainless line. Met a Softie at the Village Cafe in Redmond, who told me about the group but never was able track down you all until this planned gig! i would need some directions, plus how to help out on food!

By the way, what are pair blocks?

FJokeR07 Black Cherry

Holeshot set/PC3 by Nells/Ohlins

You have a PM.

Forfood, just put into the collection for lunch.

See you then.

Rats! If I make it at all it will be for a late social stop. The Fife City Council will be holding a retreat to discuss their 2013 budget, from 9:00 until 3:00. I'll need to be there to make sure that the money goes for pavement rather than traffic cops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rats! If I make it at all it will be for a late social stop. The Fife City Council will be holding a retreat to discuss their 2013 budget, from 9:00 until 3:00. I'll need to be there to make sure that the money goes for pavement rather than traffic cops.

You have a PM

I'm in. I've got a set of PAIR blocks that I've tried to install on my own but can't get the damn screws off due to locktite. I am still a bit young for a valve job (~21k) so wondering if it will be possible to replace plates without major valve surgery.
What are PAIR blocks? Is this related to removing the re-circulated venting hoses?? Appreciate the education!

What are PAIR blocks? Is this related to removing the re-circulated venting hoses?? Appreciate the education!

I'm in. I've got a set of PAIR blocks that I've tried to install on my own but can't get the damn screws off due to locktite. I am still a bit young for a valve job (~21k) so wondering if it will be possible to replace plates without major valve surgery.
PAIR plates block off the Air Induction System to allow removal and cleaning up the top of the engine. Makes maintenance a little easier and reduces the overrun and decel popping some bikes have. The plates replace items 3, 4 & 5 on the valve cover.

--G

PAIR plates block off the Air Induction System to allow removal and cleaning up the top of the engine. Makes maintenance a little easier and reduces the overrun and decel popping some bikes have. The plates replace items 3, 4 & 5 on the valve cover.

--G

As a newbe to this forum, I'll try to make it and meet some of my FJR neighbors. Will be a nice ride from Camas. Too bad some of the roads around St Helens and Rainier will still have snow.

Don't forget to add me :yahoo:

I will be there. 2 bikes, 4 people, and possibly 1 more person on another bike. If I don't already have it done, I will be doing a CCT, TBS, and I am thinking that my tires might not be balanced very well. When I start getting towards 100 mph -+ it starts feeling a little bumpy.

Will be staying at either a friends in Kent or Family in Tacoma.

Ok guys, I finally started tearing into the bike and will be a nice freshly painted bike at the tech day. Here are a couple pics. Luckily I still have a key and full access to the body shop I used to work at. It was kinda nice being there doing what I used to do best and enjoyed doing. But by the end of the night, I was really hurting. Good ole results from the accident that will not go away. :angry2: Here are a couple pics after a couple hours.

70aa665e.jpg

0fbf8382.jpg

794fcb32.jpg

d1fe57aa.jpg

Carl

Don't forget to add me :yahoo:

I will be there. 2 bikes, 4 people, and possibly 1 more person on another bike. If I don't already have it done, I will be doing a CCT, TBS, and I am thinking that my tires might not be balanced very well. When I start getting towards 100 mph -+ it starts feeling a little bumpy.

Will be staying at either a friends in Kent or Family in Tacoma.

Carl, the list is updated now. Bike looks nice.

Can I be added to the RSVP list? Weather pending, that is. After today's mixed bag, who knows what the weather is going to be like in April. And, yes, I'm a bit of fair-weather rider. It's my only personality flaw.

Can I be added to the RSVP list? Weather pending, that is. After today's mixed bag, who knows what the weather is going to be like in April. And, yes, I'm a bit of fair-weather rider. It's my only personality flaw.

Yep. If the weather is bad you would not be the only one who brings 4 wheels instead of two. You have a PM

Is it just me or does your heat shield look like a jiffy pop?

I would love to changes both my tires and also install 90 degree stems. Would it be better to take the wheels off and just bring them?
Just throwing this out there, but wouldn't taking the wheels off make it hard to ride the bike over...? #justsayin'... :D
The question is whether it would be impossible, I am always up for a challenge.

(I know it gets busy some times, so I was thinking taking them off at home and drive over might make it easier on the host).
Any suggestions for balance weights I should get?

I would love to changes both my tires and also install 90 degree stems. Would it be better to take the wheels off and just bring them?
Just throwing this out there, but wouldn't taking the wheels off make it hard to ride the bike over...? #justsayin'... :D
The question is whether it would be impossible, I am always up for a challenge.

(I know it gets busy some times, so I was thinking taking them off at home and drive over might make it easier on the host).
Any suggestions for balance weights I should get?
I have a box of stick on wieghts and a limited number of wieghts that clip onto the ridge in the center of the wheel too.

If anyone wants to modify their gloves to work with their touchscreen toys, I bought 60' of conductive thread that I'll bring along. Bring the gloves you want to modify.