Spring 2012 Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bryan,

Don't know if I am still eligible to show up since I don't have my FJR anymore.... I will have my Aprilia Tuono here though by next weekend, and wouldn't mind coming up to Auburn with it to see some of the folks. What do you say?

IMG_0589_smaller.jpg

I don't know about you coming up Chris. I guess if you don't mind us drooling all over your bike it's OK. ;)

And you know escapefjrtist will want to sit on the Tuono ... just don't leave the key in the bike!

Thanks for the hint about the key.... :lol: My old FJR will be there also, the new owner plans to attend as well. So I guess one could argue that I'll be there with my FJR anyways...sort of! :p

Hi Bryan,

Don't know if I am still eligible to show up since I don't have my FJR anymore.... I will have my Aprilia Tuono here though by next weekend, and wouldn't mind coming up to Auburn with it to see some of the folks. What do you say?

IMG_0589_smaller.jpg
Sweet! Don't listen to Pops, Chris. I promise all I'll do is *look* at the Tuono... :lol:

--G

Hi Bryan,

IMG_0589_smaller.jpg
Hell yeah, bring it up. If nothing else we'll get to see another very nice bike

Hi Bryan,

IMG_0589_smaller.jpg
George may not take it for a ride.. but I will.. :rolleyes: I test rode one about 2 yrs ago and loved it.

Hi Bryan,

IMG_0589_smaller.jpg
George may not take it for a ride.. but I will.. :rolleyes: I test rode one about 2 yrs ago and loved it.

you'll have to stand in line, I get first dibs...want to make sure the tires are nice and scrubbed in for you ;)

Hi Bryan,

IMG_0589_smaller.jpg
you'll have to stand in line, I get first dibs...want to make sure the tires are nice and scrubbed in for you ;)
OK Bryan, since your hosting Tech Meet you can go before me and warm up the tires for me. :p ,

OK.... Maybe I should have a pair of new tires sent to Auburn ahead of the meet :lol: Just so I have something on there that's still safe to ride home with after the meet is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized that the tech meet is scheduled on the school spring break week. I'll be traveling to the east coast to visit colleges with my high school junior during that week. Rats, i was so looking forward to getting the PAIR blocks installed and socialiing with the gang.

Hi Bryan,

IMG_0589_smaller.jpg
OK Bryan, since your hosting Tech Meet you can go before me and warm up the tires for me. :p ,

Pacific Raceways is only 1/2 mile away as the crow flys. I'll make sure they are scrubbed all the way to the edge for you. B)

Sorry, I should post a newer version of the picture - I had the PO replace the Arrows with the OEM pipes he also had, just so my fillings would stay in my mouth and not all rattle out on on my first ride next weekend. For those of you that have test ridden one of these, you know the OEM pipes sound pretty decent, but Arrows really blow your ears off.

So I got a decent discount for this replacement, but sorry to say it won't be quite as easy anymore to wheelie in 4 gear since the ECU had to be reset back from Map2 to Map1... so I am pretty sure that nobody will think the bike interesting anymore at this point :(

stock_pipes_smaller.jpg

:lol:

Sorry, I should post a newer version of the picture - I had the PO replace the Arrows with the OEM pipes he also had, just so my fillings would stay in my mouth and not all rattle out on on my first ride next weekend. For those of you that have test ridden one of these, you know the OEM pipes sound pretty decent, but Arrows really blow your ears off.

So I got a decent discount for this replacement, but sorry to say it won't be quite as easy anymore to wheelie in 4 gear since the ECU had to be reset back from Map2 to Map1... so I am pretty sure that nobody will think the bike interesting anymore at this point :(

stock_pipes_smaller.jpg

That just makes it more forgiving at full lean. :)

stock_pipes_smaller.jpg

...we'll suffer. :lol: ;)

--G

stock_pipes_smaller.jpg

You will have to share with us how you convinced the wife about it being a smaller, safer commuter bike for a fragile older rider.

Well It IS less then 400lbs wet weight with these wheels on it :rolleyes: so it should handle at lot easier and safer in a parking lot.

I better leave it at that though before you make me feel too guilty about getting it. :)

I would like to attend your Spring Tech Meet and meet some new FJR owners.

I am new to the FJR bike and would love to learn more about the bike.

Please email me and let me know if this is possible.

Thanks [email protected] 2008 FJR