Has anyone lowered their FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think i need a day off. :lol:
Yep! Sounds like you do. And a 12 hour nap on a good mattress! :D Don't worry, what ever you're doing will end soon! Think Happy Thoughts until then! :p

5 more days then 7 off :)

This week started @ 0300 Monday, just got home and I've 58 hours already. The money is good but, damn the hours are harsh. :blink:

Yep! Sounds like you do. And a 12 hour nap on a good mattress! :D Don't worry, what ever you're doing will end soon! Think Happy Thoughts until then! :p

This week started @ 0300 Monday, just got home and I've 58 hours already. The money is good but, damn the hours are harsh. :blink:
Wow! So, what is it that you do? I mean, other than having everybody on this site paste your head on some pretty funny shit? Or are all those pictures of you running naked in the streets really you? :lol: :lol: just Curious!

Wow! So, what is it that you do? I mean, other than having everybody on this site paste your head on some pretty funny shit? Or are all those pictures of you running naked in the streets really you? :lol: :lol: just Curious!
Some goofy jackass outa New York hired me as a Super for his construction crews, currently working for the Jones Apparel Group downsizing Jones of New York stores in Michigan, Illinois and eventually Ohio.

Stupid money for what I do but I ain't gonna complain :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get this out of the way...

Yes I am a girl and yes the FJR is heavy for me on side hill stops-

Not to be one who is EVER easily deterred, I wanted to check in to see if any of you have used a Kouba Link on the FJR or any other lowering trick?

There was a shorter, industrious guy that went through the FJR lowering and documented his efforts quite nicely in a three part PDF file. I have been hosting his files for the past couple of years since he posted about them. Rather than try to go search for the original post, here are the links to those pdf files:

Bike Lowering Stage 1 - Lowering the seat

Bike Lowering Stage 2 - Lowering the suspension

Bike Lowering Stage 3 - Side and Center Stands

MEM has a lowered FJR (and quite difficult to put on the centerstand).
I have worked on Mary Ellen's bike before. It would be nearly, humanly impossible to put her bike up on the (unmodified) center stand without using your brain. All that needs to be done is to back the bike's rear wheel up onto a small piece of lumber and the bike goes up onto the center stand just like a regular FJR. ;)
Very cool thanks! I will re-read the seat pan mod and see if I feel up to it. Sounds do-able.

Bust Bro', just be so damn glad you're working! Half of my crew at Metro Mechanical from 2 years ago when I retired are still out of work, AZ construction is still terrible!

Some goofy jackass outa New York hired me as a Super for his construction crews, currently working for the Jones Apparel Group downsizing Jones of New York stores in Michigan, Illinois and eventually Ohio.

Stupid money for what I do but I ain't gonna complain :lol:
That's Great! I have it on good authority from all the women I know that Jones of New York is the Shit! And speaking as a Former Jackass from New York, I here yah! I had 15 Technician running around the country doing what we do. I'm down the 5 now. Which means I actually have to get off my Ass and do some of it myself. I hate when that happens! :(

Sorry for the Minor Highjack of your post AGirlOnTheGo, it's just that we've never seen Bust wake Up from a Coma in a Cold Sweat calling someone a Troll. He does it all the time when he's coherent! :lol: We were just concerned! Please continue with this Most Informative Topic Please!! :D

Well, since it's dog pile Friday! majicmaker, that's not all Bust does, he also does Don Carver! Now, dcarver definitely wakes Bust up in a "Hot Sweat"! jes sayin-nuff said!

CarverBust.jpg

Well, since it's dog pile Friday! majicmaker, that's not all Bust does, he also does Don Carver! Now, dcarver definitely wakes Bust up in a "Hot Sweat"! jes sayin-nuff said!

CarverBust.jpg
That picture is so wrong on so many levels. :huh: Funny, but wrong. :D

CarverBust.jpg
Very romantic, all they need is some wine and flowers. :p

CarverBust.jpg
Don! That picture just sent a cold chill up my spine!! Hope I can keep down my late lunch! :huh: I have to go Shower this off Now!! :(

Again! Sorry AGirlOnTheGo, I apologize for what I started here!! Welcome to the FJRForum on a Friday Dog Pile!! :yahoo:

5'9", 28 1/2" inseam. here is what I did and I can flat foot now and flat foot real easy when the wife is onboard.

1. took rubber thingys off the bottom of the seat and other black plastic support off the bike below the seat dropped 3/8" from low seat position

2. spencer mod (both seats) with his supracor about 3/8" drop

3. 3/4" drop kouba links and dropped front 1/2" about 3/4" drop

4. boots with thicker soles about 1/2"

5. ground stop on kickstand so bike almost leans as much as before kouba links

6. run the bike up on a 3/4 piece of plywood if I want to use the center stand (only when maintenance requieres it)

7. i can't really tell any handling differences, as I value my life and don't ride like a wild-eyed crazy unless I have been drinking and then I don't really remember much

CarverBust.jpg
so what caught my eye is what is in the little plastic cups????????

CarverBust.jpg
AGirlOnTheGo, The way you think is going to make you fit in here very nicely! You're just as sick as the rest of us! Welcome! :lol:

CarverBust.jpg
Oh man...AGOTG...Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to. That is a dangerous dangerous game on this forum.

It was Don's home made lavender scented massage oil that warmed when you blew on it. ;)

It was Don's home made lavender scented massage oil that warmed when you blew on it. ;)
You're scarin me Barry. I'm going to Carver's place in a couple weeks to swap the motor in his bike. Hope he doesn't have a hot tub. :eek:

You're scarin me Barry. I'm going to Carver's place in a couple weeks to swap the motor in his bike. Hope he doesn't have a hot tub. :eek:
Hey FJRay, please do your old friend BeemerDonS a favor. Last time I was in Carver's hot tub, I dropped my mood ring. Would you please retrieve it for me and just hand it over to me at NAFO?

Hey FJRay, please do your old friend BeemerDonS a favor. Last time I was in Carver's hot tub, I dropped my mood ring. Would you please retrieve it for me and just hand it over to me at NAFO?
Just don't bend over when yer lookin' for it! :ph34r: