spiral road

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Has anyone ever counted the number of direction changes on the spiral road (Lewiston Grade) going up out of Clarkston Wa.?

I have been in that area a bunch. Some day I'll find that Rd and go up and down, up and down................

It's against the law to be in the area and not ride the Spiral Hwy. :) At the first WFO in Moscow I don't know how many times I went up and down but I think I was getting motion sickness.

It's against the law to be in the area and not ride the Spiral Hwy. :) At the first WFO in Moscow I don't know how many times I went up and down but I think I was getting motion sickness.
Yep! Bluestreek, exskibum and I rode it again on our way to CFR in Nakusp. It's waaaay to much fun riding it rather than counting the changes......and at a certain level of exuberance one is concentrating on corner entry rather than keeping count. Er...uhm...so I've heard. :rolleyes:

Fantastic ride! I was there last summer, got to the top, wind was howling. Blew my bike off the kickstand and onto the pavement...$3400 in damages. Learned a valuable lesson that day leaving the bike in gear when parking, particularly on an incline in the wind. But that road is fantastic and the feejmobile all healed. And that fantastic road is right next door to the wonderful Rattlesnake Grade, south from Clarkston on SR 129 to Enterprise, OR. 212 corners in 20 miles.

WFO 2009, loads o' fun following MC007Rider up Spiral Hwy.

P1010234.JPG