Question about PC 111's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogdeb

Scouser
Reaction score
I noticed a small trend a while back -- and wondered ?

Which of you all installed the PC 111 on your 2003 - 2005 FJR's, and then removed them, to eventually sell them. Why didn't you like the PC ? MPG issue ? Other problems ?

I'm finally considering buying one, after all these years managing without ! Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks, as always :)

I only had one because I bought a full Muzzy System and Muzzy gave it to me dirt cheap as it was their last unit for an FJR and they want to get rid of it. Bike ran fine even without the PC3, but it was nice to have with the full header system. The fueling was spot on perfect on my 04 stock. Unless other's bikes were different then mine, I have no idea why you'd want one on the FJR. Many people unplug their o2 sensor and run maps that are far too rich as well, destroying their mpg. There's no reason you shouldn't get the same gas mileage on the highway even with a PC3.

I have no intention of putting one on my 08, it runs perfect with my slip-ons and gets great mpg, I did do the BJM to +7 . Not to mention a PC makes the nifty MPG displays inaccurate.

I have no idea why you'd want one on the FJR.
Because of the jerky throttle response in low gear at low speeds. I thought I'd gotten used to it after all this time but it still catches me unaware at the odd 15mph turn that goes uphill while coming back on itself. :eek:

Maybe when I get the bike back, all this will have magically disappeared :lol:

Just saw this. I put a PCIII on my first FJR at 6,000 miles. I had bought Holeshots and by riding to Las Vegas and letting Dynojet put my FJR on their dyno to develop the 'Holeshot map' I got the PCIII for free.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with my FJR's throttle response but figured it would be a fun adventure. Well, once that PCIII was on I found out what smooth throttle response was. Holy cow! I could have lived with it in stock form, but a definite improvement with the PCIII. Downside is my fuel mileage went down about 15% from high 40s to low 40s. I kept the PCIII on my FJR the entire time I had it until it finally went bye-bye at 226k miles.

Back in late 2006 when I bought my 'spare' 04 FJR, it was advertised with a PCII. When I flew out to San Jose to get it I took it for a test ride. Throttle application in corners was NOT smooth. After the test ride I asked the seller about the PCIII and he told me, "oh, we took it off. It's in the box and goes with the bike". So I wasn't crazy. Well, I enjoyed the high 40s fuel mileage I was getting with this FJR so I never re-installed it. Throttle response doesn't bother me anymore so I guess I just got used to it. Or doesn it improve over time???? This 2nd FJR is hotter than my first, and my theory is lean fuel injection has something to do with it. So I am wondering if the PCIII would cool it down. Someday I will install that thing just to see what it does.

I don't think PCIIIs are necessary, but can be of benefit. Especially on earlier FJRs, both Gen I and Gen II. Then again, not all FJRs are created equal so it has to be evaluated on an individual basis. And as I said above, on my first FJR I didn't even know what I was missing, but boy that throttle sure was smooth after installing the PCIII.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Greg .. Blindsqu. Excellent info guys, the stuff I need. But ..... leaves me still wondering if the previous owners of PC111's sold them for other reasons than reduced mpg?

I'll probably get one soon, just to help my arthritic fingers feel they're doing a good job :)