FJR has hot chick seal of approval

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
My oldest son (34 years old) and his wife (30) were here this weekend, and this morning we were out at the barn for some work projects. My daughter-in-law had seen the K1600GTL when I'd ridden it down to their place a few weeks ago, and she was enamored with it to the point of lusting after a ride.

But today, when she saw the FJR next to it in the shed, she immediately said "I like that one the best. That's the one I want a ride on. I want to be able to say that I've been on a really "bad" sport bike." She hopped on and pretended that she was riding it at Deal's Gap.

So, side by side, just based on the looks of it, the FJR won the comparo :).

I commented here when I rode the Victory Vision on an extended test ride a few years ago that all the soccer moms had wanted to chat me up at the gas station when I was on the Victory Vision. Now it would appear that the FJR must be a chick magnet too. Us old guys have to take the strokes as they come.

Today was the first day in a while when we had nice temps, blue skies, and low wind, so it was perfect for riding. I took them both for spirited runs.

Although the K1600 can be argued to be more refined, the FJR continues to impress in sequential rides on the same roads. As BeemerDonS said the other day, if you could only have one between these two, the FJR would have to be the choice.

Yep! I get stopped and asked all sorts of questions about this bike by Babes who would never in a million years stop and talk to a stranger!

Gotta Love it! :D

What gives? The babes won't ever get near me, FJR or not?!?!
The smell? No, sorry, that's too easy.

Here's why:

When your ears hang under the side of your helmet, they can tell that something's wrong. (Even before the smell reaches them.)
G, This is what I'm talking about Right here. Good God Man! You have to make them Fast Curveballs across the temple. That'll get their Attention. Make them hit the dirt!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's why:

When your ears hang under the side of your helmet, they can tell that something's wrong. (Even before the smell reaches them.)
G, This is what I'm talking about Right here. Good God Man! You have to make them Fast Curveballs across the temple. That'll get their Attention. Make them hit the dirt!! :lol:
Ears, what ears?

SkooterBoy.jpg

My oldest son (34 years old) and his wife (30) were here this weekend, and this morning we were out at the barn for some work projects. My daughter-in-law had seen the K1600GTL when I'd ridden it down to their place a few weeks ago, and she was enamored with it to the point of lusting after a ride.

But today, when she saw the FJR next to it in the shed, she immediately said "I like that one the best. That's the one I want a ride on. I want to be able to say that I've been on a really "bad" sport bike." She hopped on and pretended that she was riding it at Deal's Gap.

I think we need "hot-chick" pictures to verify your claim.

Here's why:

Ears, what ears?

SkooterBoy.jpg
For the Love of GOD!! What the Hell is That?!?! :unsure: You See what you Done Did G?! These Jackles will take a Swing Every time!! :lol:

I commented here when I rode the Victory Vision on an extended test ride a few years ago that all the soccer moms had wanted to chat me up at the gas station when I was on the Victory Vision. Now it would appear that the FJR must be a chick magnet too. Us old guys have to take the strokes as they come.

Today was the first day in a while when we had nice temps, blue skies, and low wind, so it was perfect for riding. I took them both for spirited runs.

Although the K1600 can be argued to be more refined, the FJR continues to impress in sequential rides on the same roads. As BeemerDonS said the other day, if you could only have one between these two, the FJR would have to be the choice.
And that's a 2009. 2012 obviously is much more dangerous in that department.

I'm having a little trouble with the sick old SOB looking at his daughter in law and thinking, She's Haaawwwwwtttt.

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a little trouble with the sick old SOB looking at his daughter in law and thinking, She's Haaawwwwwtttt.

B)
Why? He ain't dead yet! Now if yo take out the 'in law' part of daughter in law, well then yes, that would NOT be good at all.