Saturday, March 3 offroad ride in the Belmont Mountains.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
It is a combo dirt + street ride. First to Wickenburg, through Vulture Mine Road, then 22 miles off pavement through Belmont Mountain. "Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" describes it this way: "Easy. Sandy washes and mild desert climbs. Steep and rocky just before Belmont Mine."

I have done it several times and had no problem.

Meet up at Chevron on I-17 and Carefree Highway at 9 am. Bring water and a snack. Allow 2 to 3 hours for the trail and several more hours to get there and return.

Claire
AZ Beemer Club Member "clairedelune" is leading us on an offroad trek through the Belmont Mountians on this Saturday, March 3. She's an accomplished offroad rider!

This dirt road ride is so damn easy that probably even dcarver, yamafitter and rushes could even ride it; maybe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyable ride on a perfect day...

Here are a few pictures...

Airing down

AiringDown.jpg

Getting Ready

Don.jpg

Bikes

GusReadytogo.jpg

Mine Overook

MineOverlook.jpg

View from overlook

View.jpg

Tailings

Tailings.jpg
Pictures above are from AZ Beemers Member Dave-O. Well we waited until 0910 for HotRodZilla and dcarver to show up, but those "2-Big Gurlz" must have decided that this dirt ride was way too tough for their candy butt asses. Definitely recommend Belmont Mountain Road, 10 miles of the "Saddle" are gnarly! Rough, loose and rocky!

More Photos and Prose from "Back Road" Bob Little. It was truly a great off road ride last Saturday.

Great day for riding a new on and off road! Easy enough to enjoy the scenery, yet some challenging spots to keep you alert.

View from Belmont Mountains looking south.

IMGP2777.jpg

Ride leader, Claire passing out cookies.

IMGP2775.jpg

Don

IMGP2774.jpg

Mike, Ron, Don, Claire, Dave H, Dave O

IMGP2778.jpg

Thanks for putting the ride together Claire.

PLEASE NOTE: I think even yamafitter, rushes and fjrrider could have made this adventure trek; maybe!

A Belmont Mountain Ride Group Photo with Back Road Bob in it:

DSCF0253.jpg

Claire's F650GS single in the foreground.

DSCF0251.jpg

Cookie Munchers:

DSCF0243.jpg

At the top of Belmont Mountain:

DSCF0254.jpg

Mining operation is right above us:

DSCF0252.jpg

Claire describing the day's dirt ride for us:

DSCF0234.jpg

Airing down our tires:

DSCF0240.jpg

Back Road Bob's F650GS Twin in the foreground:

DSCF0245.jpg

There were many beautifully scenic panoramic views on this 22 mile dirt ride:

DSCF0244.jpg

For your future reference, this Belmont Mountain 22 mile dirt ride starts at the Intersection of Vulture Mine Road and Aguila Road. At the Intersection: The North leg is paved and leads to Wickenburg and the East leg leads to Buckeye. West dirt road leads to who knows where, you want the South leg and this will eventually bring you to Interstate 10 at Tonopah.

DSCF0239.jpg