New PIAA 1100 LED

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show me the lumens. The day may have come to retire the undisputed king of hid lights, Phids. Seeing is believing. ;)

Thank you for your comments.

I don't disagree with you.

I would like to know the lumens as well.

PIAA rates their bulbs and lamps using the colour that the bulbs emits.

see chart

https://www.piaa.com/powersports-bulbs/

With the low amps to operate LEDs this is an option to consider along with $$ style and availabilty.

Let me make myself clear....I'm not trying to sell them and I don't rep PIAA in anyway.

With myself running heated vest and other accessories in the spring and fall the amount of amps available is a concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your comments.

I don't disagree with you.

I would like to know the lumens as well.

PIAA rates thier bulbs and lamps using the colour that the bulbs emits.

see chart

https://www.piaa.com/powersports-bulbs/

With the low amps to operate LEDs this is an option to consider along with $$ style and availabilty.

Let me make myself clear....I'm not trying to sell them and I don't rep PIAA in anyway.

With myself running heated vest and other accessories in the spring and fall the amount of amps available is a concern.
Exactly why I replaced my two 50w Moto Lights with their high output LED's. Concern of power draw. I use mine for visibility, the triangle of light thing, and not for night driving. I try not to run at night if I can help it.

I think LED is taking off in its applications. Just look at the new cars that are using them.

I am happy with mine in that they save me voltage and still serve my needs.

If they are using the same CREE bulbs that most of these LED lights are running then the lumens would be about 1100. The CREE's put out about 90 lumens per watt and you have 3 4watt bulbs per light.

can these be fork mounted off of the brake caliper mounts? Or would that much vibration be a bad thing?
Cant speak to this manufacturer but Moto Light give lifetime replacement on their regular bulbs, but only a three year on the LED'S. Mine are caliper mounted.

Last edited by a moderator:
can these be fork mounted off of the brake caliper mounts? Or would that much vibration be a bad thing?
From what I understand these will use the same mounts from the PIAA 1100X.

So, the quick answer is yes but you need to source out the 1100X mounts from PIAA and I'm still trying to figure that part out.

Generally LEDs will take more vibration.

ADDITIONAL IMAGES

Here's a description from their web site. Seems only 85watts!?...

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

1100X 55W=85W Super White, Two Lamp Kit

The 1100X's compact design lends to the versatility of this light without sacrificing performance - and talk about fashion, wow! It's easy to see why the 1100X remains atop of our best sellers list.

From what I understand these will use the same mounts from the PIAA 1100X.

So, the quick answer is yes but you need to source out the 1100X mounts from PIAA and I'm still trying to figure that part out.

Generally LEDs will take more vibration.
I have a set of the older PIA1100X fork mounted using brackets from Martin Manufacturing. Very nice but a little pricy. About 50,000 miles with no issues. Mounting the lights down lower on the forks is not ideal for increasing the lighting power at night. I use mine for increased daytime visibility and during heavy fog. The new LEDs interest me due to the lower power draw and the plug and play capability with my current setup.

I was running the 1100X on the Martin Fabrication brackets down low on the brake calipers, but hit a dog in New Mexico and broke one of the lens. So order a set of brackets from Garauld and moved the PIAA's up and mounted by the mirrors. Put some cheapo's on the low brackets. I've been running both for probably 35,000 miles and no issues with either. Not sure how the dog is holding up, last I saw him his tail was tucked and haulin ass.

THe PIAA up high really light up the shoulders well. The cheapo's just make me more visible to the morons.

So, Who's gonna be first? I want to compare these lights to mine before i spend the money on a possible inferior lighting option.

Chop Chop... Southwest member please... Only $343.58 via PayPal. :)