Rethinking My Audio Setup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesignFlaw06

Reaction score
I have the J&M CB and love it. For my axillary audio, I added a Kensington LiquidAux Deluxe Bluetooth module. It worked perfectly, and the remote wrapped around my handlebar. The only problem is they don't make that anymore and I lost my remote. So I still have the Bluetooth audio from my phone, but I can't pause, skip tracks, etc.

So instead of the Kensington, I was thinking of replacing it with this:

11g91WrsDmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a Clarion BLT370 Bluetooth adapter, but the issue there is no actual remote capability. It relies on the button presses on the unit to navigate tracks and such. So what I'm thinking I'll do is open it up and solder on a couple wires to the board where the buttons are and wire those up to new buttons on my handlebar. Really I only want previous and next track buttons, so I only need two.

But I haven't found anything that either will work or doesn't cost an arm and a leg. This is ideally what I'm looking for, but I'd rather not spend $110.

https://www.pashnit.com/product/pmr/thumb_switches.html

pmrweb2010004.jpg

My question is are there other alternatives out there that I haven't found? I'm open to suggestions. I'm not opposed to adding the switches inside the left handlebar controls, I just don't want it to look like crap.

Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Tim

I have just been using my iPod with an iJet remote ( doesn't work with an iPhone ). I put it in my jacket pocket and velcroed the remote to the J&M CB. When I am not riding with others I just run my Shure headphones inside the jacket.

RonDog

I have just been using my iPod with an iJet remote ( doesn't work with an iPhone ). I put it in my jacket pocket and velcroed the remote to the J&M CB. When I am not riding with others I just run my Shure headphones inside the jacket.

RonDog
I don't have any Apple products so that doesn't work for me. The Bluetooth part I think is figured out, I just need the buttons figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 types of switch; I used them for my AVCC.

bike.jpg

Get 'em here. You'll need to order both the switch and the weatherproof condom.

Edit: I lost the link to the condom/booty for the rocker style switch but it's somewhere on Digikey site.

Linky

Linky

Linky

Linky

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts