Any inmates in the Nag's Head NC area?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastJoyRide

Reaction score
Just thought I'd see if there were any of the FJR faithful in this area - we're here until Saturday then off to Savannah, GA

Very envious Dave...have a great time there. See if they have any good fish to sample at the restaurants. :)

Last time I was there, I was camping with a friend's family as a teenager...had a great time. Hope the weather is great for you and that you enjoy that part of the world.

I love the Outer Banks !

I could be there by dinnertime on Tuesday :rolleyes:

Have a great vacation D & S :)

Well then get going Mary Ellen! We have a 2 bedroom unit right on the dunes/ocean and just the 2 of us rattling around in it. PM me for the address and phone number.

Rainy day yesterday as predicted although we did get a long beach walk in the late afternoon. This AM is sunshine and blue sky wall to wall and the weatherperson (who has never lied to me before) is predicting good things all week.

Just occurred to me that this should probably be in Southeast not Northeast! Syl sends her love to y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few of us up the road in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (just North of the border). I have work and house sitting duty while the wife is out of town this week. :(

Well then get going Mary Ellen! We have a 2 bedroom unit right on the dunes/ocean and just the 2 of us rattling around in it. PM me for the address and phone number.

Rainy day yesterday as predicted although we did get a long beach walk in the late afternoon. This AM is sunshine and blue sky wall to wall and the weatherperson (who has never lied to me before) is perdicting good things all week.

Just occurred to me that this should probably be in Southeast not Northeast! Syl sends her love to y'all.
Oh my!

I was playin' with ya but it does sound glorious. :)

Although I just got a new set of wheels that I'm dying to break in, I AM dog sitting and working evenings this week.

See you in June though! God willing and the Creek don't rise ....

I love the Outer Banks !

Dear Dave and Sylvia: Put the back bacon on the stove, warm up the Poutine and crack open a bottle of Kootenay para tu Papa Chuy Viejo. I'll be rolling in behind MEM!

Rainy day yesterday as predicted although we did get a long beach walk in the late afternoon. This AM is sunshine and blue sky wall to wall and the weatherperson (who has never lied to me before) is perdicting good things all week.

Oh my!

I was playin' with ya but it does sound glorious. :)

Although I just got a new set of wheels that I'm dying to break in, I AM dog sitting and working evenings this week.

See you in June though! God willing and the Creek don't rise ....
I had a pretty good idea that you were just tugging my flagellum MEM (obscure Gary Larsen reference for the other old farts here), but the offer was gen-you-wine anyway! See you at NAFO.

There are a few of us up the road in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (just North of the border). I have work and house sitting duty while the wife is out of town this week. :(
We're going to make a run for the VA border at some point this week Scott as we've not yet seen your beautiful part of the world. PM me a contact number and maybe we can time things to buy you a cup of joe or something and put another face to a Forum name!

I love the Outer Banks !

Dear Dave and Sylvia: Put the back bacon on the stove, warm up the Poutine and crack open a bottle of Kootenay para tu Papa Chuy Viejo. I'll be rolling in behind MEM!
Since MEM doesn't want our spare room we'll leave the porch light on for you Papa Chuy, although finding back bacon and poutine and Canadian beer seems a little unlikely in Tarheel country. I'm sure we can find some acceptable substitutes like fresh local seafood and local microbrews! Had a great lunch at a Mexican restaurant yesterday although I know you don't care much for that cuisine...

Dave, If you end up in Fredericksburg (civil war area) PM me. Otherwise I will see you at NAFO!

@Intech: We're saving your area for a thorough visit during our 'around the continent' ride, tentatively scheduled for 2013, but we will look forward to seeing you at NAFO in June!

@Wheaties: Tall Timber would be a bit of a misnomer for this area Mark - more like scrub timber! But I have sampled several very tasty local beers - remember no matter where you go, there you are!

Latest posts