Dirt days in Belfair

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
Got the boys out in Belfair today. It was a great day, my youngest suddenly reversed course and decided dirt bikes might be something he'd try again. Last summer at dirt bike camp, his head rolled back when he goosed it too much, and it hurt his neck. Ever since then, he's been a bit leery. I got him a Leatt brace for his peace of mind (or more accurately, for Mrs. Hudson's peace of mind).

A new helmet helped change his attitude:

P1040383.jpg

He did great this time, no falls, and he was pretty proud of his first attempt. No trails, but a few nice laps in the staging area.

P1040381.jpg

My older boy keeps improving every time we go. This time, he got through 4-5 deep puddles without stalling, and up a steep hill. He's still on the TTR, now with pit bike upgrades, and I think by summer he'll be ready to learn a clutch bike.

P1040386.jpg

Headed out to the trails:

P1040385.jpg

Mrs. Hudson came along too. It was pretty cold and windy, so I sat up the Element's pop top and a tent over the trailer so she and my little guy could rest, watch DVD's, and relax. It worked.

P1040387.jpg

All in all, an awesome day!

P1040382.jpg

Marcus, it was yesterday. It was dry in Belfair, with a few moments of sun, though lots of mud and puddles.

Glad you were able to still go. The parts for the RV should be in end of the week, or early next. We'll have to reschedule once repairs are made. Glad to see the youngest is getting into riding more.
yahoo.gif